Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

It says on Play.com com that the buggy costs £3.99!

That low for two minifigs? Sounds like a good deal to me!

Now I wonder how much it will cost here in the US...

It says on Play.com com that the buggy costs £3.99!

That low for two minifigs? Sounds like a good deal to me!

Now I wonder how much it will cost here in the US...

But there is only one minifig in the space buggy set...

that review was a bit long, but it was detailed,funny,and well made Nightshroud.I will be sure to get the set as soon as I can get my hands on it.

There is the one with the blue cap and then the astronaut.

The fig in the blue cap wears the astronaut outfit. Remove hat, slide 'space suit' over figure.

The fig in the blue cap wears the astronaut outfit. Remove hat, slide 'space suit' over figure.

Oops! I didn't see that the astronaut was only the helmet and air tank! :blush:

Okay, now I just noticed something about this set......

pTRU1-8991802_alternate1_dt.jpg

Notice the dog box, it's five wide which suits those chunky wheels/tyres better than on the front. Plus I was wondering before about that 4x2 45deg. slope brick inside the dog box....answer a 1x6 plate and a 4x6 mod. plate to form the floor of the dog box.

Now this and the prisoner transport could be MOD'ed into almost any kind work or delivery vehicle......i.e. plumbers van or milk delivery van....perfect colours/tones....note - white isn't a colour it's a tone.

Keep on waiting for 2011. :wink:

By the way, I'm not mistaken, the next year we're getting 9 (!!!) sets within Police subtheme. It seems like Lego gets back to old and good traditions of the 90s... Which I highly appreciate.

It's great to read that we after more than one decade will finally get a new bank! :wub:

Since this set won't be that small, there is a big chance that the bank will be decent (I won't expect it to be set on a 32x16 plate - but being as big as the pizzeria in 7641). And an armored car is supposably included in this set, too (since with "mony transfer" surely a vehicle is meant)! :thumbup:

Do you think that - if this set (3661) will be about the same size like 7641 (which I suppose it to be) - it'll even include something apart from the bank and an armored car? Maybe a kiosk or snack bar?

Police Chase? That sounds interesting. :classic: But what could that be? Perhaps a prisoner in a civilian car, a police car and a police motorcycle?

I really hope that we'll get some pics of 3661 and 3648 soon! (Since they already shall be released in January, this shouldn't take too long until we'll get some pics.)

Klaus-Dieter

I think the Bank set should be bigger than 7641 considering the price. It's way like 7208 in terms of size, I guess.

I think the Bank set should be bigger than 7641 considering the price. It's way like 7208 in terms of size, I guess.

Hey its me um the bank will have 3 minifigures and will be realesed spring 2011 this info came from brickapedia

At the moment nothing is sure considering the price and release date.

Since kiddiwinks dates the set for January release, I think it actually is going to be released in January. Against this speaks that we haven't seen any pics of it nor got any set information on it yet. But a picture of and infos on 3222 appeared firstly very late (I even think firstly in the new year), too.

And about the price: At kiddiwinks there could be different prices than in Europe/America. So the ca. 630 could be between 40 Euros/Dollars and 60 Euros/Dollars.

The number of minifigs brikipedia lists can imo only be true if this set is 40 Euros (like 8403 - but with only two floors and less exterior details - therefore with an armored car).

Since we already got information on what there'll be included in the PotC sets - which are going to be released months later - it would be nice if we City fans get info on 3648 and 3661 - which are going to be released much earlier!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

In Lego Wikia, they have checked that Lego 3661 Bank & Transfer money will be released in June.

Lego 3648 Police Chase will be released in January so we have to wait for Bank series in June :((

I know that I will soon [next 2-3 months] get the dog truck,minifigure collection,and prisoner transport for sure :wink: . I might by 2012 get the police headquarts,police boat,and mobile command center.

I guess the boat is a special edition set and won't be available in 2012...

Oops! I didn't see that the astronaut was only the helmet and air tank! :blush:

Same here! I didn't noticed that until i found this picture from Brickset:

3365-1.jpg

Great idea using Atlantis helmets for Astronauts!

Edit: 100th post! yay for me!

Edited by Bricks2000

I telephoned S@H and they told me that 3661 will be available in January. So we don't have to wait til June! :thumbup:

And so this even means that there's space for another civilian set in July (like this year's 8403). I bet for a supermarket (I don't know why, but I've got the feeling that it'll be a supermarket). What do you think?

Since we've got now confirmation that 3661 is going to be released in Jan., I bet that the information on kiddiwinks that 3648 is going to be released in Jan. is right, too.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I telephoned S@H and they told me that 3661 will be available in January. So we don't have to wait til June! :thumbup:

And so this even means that there's space for another civilian set in July (like this year's 8403). I bet for a supermarket (I don't know why, but I've got the feeling that it'll be a supermarket). What do you think?

Since we've got now confirmation that 3661 is going to be released in Jan., I bet that the information on kiddiwinks that 3648 is going to be released in Jan. is right, too.

Klaus-Dieter

Yay this should be a great set and can't wait for it to come out :classic:

Why do you think that?

I've got some feelings it will be... Firstly because the Police line-up in 2011 is very large (not 4 or 5 sets as usual). Then, if we remember previous years there was always smth similar. To me, it seems a bit like 7213 this year in terms of regular/special editiob set. But in fact it's hard to say why.

Last night I stopped by one of my local TRU's looking for Series 3 (no luck), but while I was there I noticed something rather interesting. Ever since Black Friday I've become accustomed to looking up at the shipping boxes at the top of the Lego display, which often are very informative. What I did find last night was a series of about 5 very large boxes (I'd bet they held at least 4-6 larger sets each), all marked Lego. There was a white TRU packing sticker with all sorts of barcodes and the numbers 8318 (not relevant, according to Brickset), but, when studying some of the information printed on the boxes' sides, two very distinct words stood out:

SPACE THEME

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing they already have the shuttle in stock, and are holding it back from purchase. Why?

Interesting.....the number must be wrong if it's a space theme.

Keep on searching ! :wink:

I think it was a TRU number on that sticker, perhaps a routing number or something to that effect. But the BOX was def. Lego.

I think it was a TRU number on that sticker, perhaps a routing number or something to that effect. But the BOX was def. Lego.

I like the buy one get one 30% off deal

ends up being buy 3 get one free deal

well almost...... :sweet:

I am waiting for Jan 1st for my next purchases :wink:

just wondering sorry if it dose not belong here but brickapedia says 2012 will bring a hospital

also just add city hall news truck and helicopter

again also news station