KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Hey guys,

I have been away for a while overseas and have been unable to catch up with all the info that gets pushed into this topic. If one of you guys would be kind enough to put all the major information and picture links that have be posted in this thread in the past two weeks would be fantastic.

Thanks heaps in advance :classic:

Download this. It's the full 2011 catalog. Also, there is a rumoured Mace Windu Jedi Star Fighter for 40 Euros. :sweet:

Damn. Masked Builder be me to it :tongue:

Edited by prateek

Well let's see....I think most of the pictures have been taken down but here's a full PDF version of the retailers catalog. There's also been a rumor about Mace's Starfighter but you've seen that. :classic:

Thanks that helps a lot :classic:

The PDF was a good read (if it was in German), but didn't really give much new information or pictures except for a glimpse at the gungan soldier.

The Mace Starfighter rumour does sound interesting. I do like the starfighter trend and they are getting better. I just hope they do a good job of it cause Mace is one of my favourite characters.

About the Mace Windu Starfighter rumor, I'm seriously hoping that it'll be his purple Eta-2 with the hyperdrive ring. Just to give people an idea on how boring Mace's Delta 7-B will look like, just look at this WIP that I'm doing - not much to look at right? So I hope we'll get the Eta-2, besides, it's due for a re-release.

5052284315_321e47eda9_z.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan

About the Mace Windu Starfighter rumor, I'm seriously hoping that it'll be his purple Eta-2 with the hyperdrive ring. Just to give people an idea on how boring Mace's Delta 7-B will look like, just look at this WIP that I'm doing - not much to look at right? So I hope we'll get the Eta-2, besides, it's due for a re-release.

[snip]

Whatever the line of text above the pic is, it's not working. (I think)

EDIT: Nevermind, you fixed it.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Cool JSF, KDM, but I agree that it's dead boring. Shouldn't the original creators of the ship consider that it will be a boring toy if they make it just white?

Cool JSF, KDM, but I agree that it's dead boring. Shouldn't the original creators of the ship consider that it will be a boring toy if they make it just white?

It's not TLG that designed the ship anyway, but the SW guys. So if ever TLG decides to make this, it's not their fault it's design is too bland. That's why it makes more sense to release the purple Eta-2, which looks much nicer than this all-white Delta 7-B.

It's not TLG that designed the ship anyway, but the SW guys. So if ever TLG decides to make this, it's not their fault it's design is too bland. That's why it makes more sense to release the purple Eta-2, which looks much nicer than this all-white Delta 7-B.

That's what I meant by original creators :wink:

That's what I meant by original creators :wink:

Maybe the SW guys never meant to release Mace's Delta 7-B as a toy. Besides, they might have wanted to give a more conservative JSF paint job fit for the stature of Mace Windu.

Maybe the SW guys never meant to release Mace's Delta 7-B as a toy. Besides, they might have wanted to give a more conservative JSF paint job fit for the stature of Mace Windu.

This is my personal opinion, but I don't think Mace Windu would prefer a white JSF to a purple one :grin:

Nice JSF 'KielDaMan' but yep, plain....a plain Jane....a little boring in the colour selection our friend Mace was eh ? :wink:

Anyway, I feel a CW design of his JSF may look cartoonish, but it might need to be to show some colour and not look....yawn....boring ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone !

Nice JSF 'KielDaMan' but yep, plain....a plain Jane....a little boring in the colour selection our friend Mace was eh ? :wink:

Anyway, I feel a CW design of his JSF may look cartoonish, but it might need to be to show some colour and not look....yawn....boring ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone !

Either that, or this whole thing is fake. How reliable is that retailer that told us we would get that set? I doubt TLG would release any info to retailers that isn't in the product catalog.

Either that, or this whole thing is fake. How reliable is that retailer that told us we would get that set? I doubt TLG would release any info to retailers that isn't in the product catalog.

Well, even Navy Trooper Fenson (reliable source) acknowledged the unreliability of the source of this Mace JSF info.

I heard something about a Mace Windu Starfighter now. It was some other informant now, so the veritableness is disputable.

and

The article number is 7868 and the price is supposed to be 39,99€. Strange, the other TCW JSFs were all 26€. It seems like it´s not going to be as bland as one would expect from the past ones and it is probably an exclusive to some storechain as the number differs from the other 11 sets.

I have doubts about the set myself, please don´t stone me when it turns out to be false alarm.

Edited by KielDaMan

Well, even Navy Trooper Fenson (reliable source) acknowledged the unreliability of the source of this Mace JSF info.

and

Yeah. A Google search for the set number also turns up nothing.

Exclusives don't appear in the catalogues for all retailers, do they? :wink:

Only if they are only exclusives in some countries and not others, being available to all Lego retailers.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

As far as I know it can´t be exclusive to TRU. Target or Walmart are more likely for the US. In Germany it probably is Idee & Spiel.

Yeah. A Google search for the set number also turns up nothing.

Well, a set must be known to have any presence.

As far as I know it can´t be exclusive to TRU. Target or Walmart are more likely for the US. In Germany it probably is Idee & Spiel.

:grin: No TRU jacked up prices :laugh:

Well At least I hope

You know everyone, I was thinking about the price quoted higher than other JSF's (if this one is true of course)...a hyperdrive ring included in the set, seen in that series 2 episode where yound Boba tries to kill Mace - cheeky little R2 escapes in it ! :yoda:

You know everyone, I was thinking about the price quoted higher than other JSF's (if this one is true of course)...a hyperdrive ring included in the set, seen in that series 2 episode where yound Boba tries to kill Mace - cheeky little R2 escapes in it ! :yoda:

This would be extremely cool - but I don't believe they would sell a set like that for 39,99. Remember this is an Exclusive set, which are usually quite expensive; the first JSF with Hyperdrive Ring already cost 59,99€ in Europe. As far as I'm concerned, there are three options:

a) The set only includes the JSF. In the case of an Eta-2 Actis, expensive but exciting; if it's an Aethersprite it's useless.

b) It also includes some kind of opponent for Mace - no Slave I, I think ( :wink: ), more likely a Vulture Droid. This seems logical to me as Ahsoka's JSF was also sold at 39,99. The vulture droid would be included in the name of the set, but then again, we don't know the official name, so it's still possible.

c) Whole thing's a fake. :tongue: We only know it from one source which is not that well known to our informants. This would suck because I really like the idea of an ROTS Starfighter with a new Windu minifig :blush:

Edited by Supersonic

Did you ask the mods before posting that?

I don't mean to minimod, but they generally don't like it when you advertise for your accounts/webpages that aren't on EB.

I completely agree. Thanks for the link, too. :classic:

EDIT: It's not SW, but those CITY Space sets look awful. :sick:

I know it it's the lego catalogue for the frist semester in 2011 and if you pay attention you'll see that the gungan soldier have a transparent shield. :wink:

I know it it's the lego catalogue for the frist semester in 2011 and if you pay attention you'll see that the gungan soldier have a transparent shield. :wink:

?

I already know that it's the 2011 Catalog and I already know that the shield is transparent. :sceptic:

We've know the shield was transparent since the first pics were posted.

Exclusives don't appear in the catalogues for all retailers, do they? :wink:

Exactly. So how would this retailer know of it?

?

I already know that it's the 2011 Catalog and I already know that the shield is transparent. :sceptic:

We've know the shield was transparent since the first pics were posted.

Oh ok. French are a littel late. :blush:

Exactly. So how would this retailer know of it?

A wild guess on that question is that he works in the store that the set is exclusive for. :wink: