KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I agree with most of the sentiment here, it's leaps and bounds ahead of the previous incarnation. Looks like another good reason to buy the Executor. :wink:

For those that want to see IG-88 and Piett in more detail

ig88.jpg

piett.jpg

Edited by hewman

Once again, thanks for your efforts hewman! The Executor was a must purchase for me, regardless of what minifigs are in the set

Glad to oblige. Usually when I have some newish information I'm beaten to the punch by someone else, so it's nice to be first for once. I see the minifigs as an added bonus to this set, I imagine a lot of people won't be displaying them with the set anyway. I think the Dengar fig will be very popular though as I think regardless of any flaws it is a dramatic improvement on the last one.

For those that want to see IG-88 and Piett in more detail

*Snip*

Thanks for the pics hewman. I wish all assassin droids where like that from the start. Now I'm gonna need that sticker in black, old chrome, and white so all my assassin droids match :thumbdown:. I guessed right about Admiral Piett. Hopefully its a double sided head because that side looks a bit pained.

Why does Piett look so odd, he doesn't die in ESB - he dies in ROTJ.....Intensive forward fire power ! Too Late ! :devil:

Why does Piett look so odd, he doesn't die in ESB - he dies in ROTJ.....Intensive forward fire power ! Too Late ! :devil:

I think whoever did the poster screwed up and assumed he was choked.

IG-88 looks great. Glad they put some detail into his head.

I think whoever did the poster screwed up and assumed he was choked.

He's an Imperial officer working for Darth Vader :vader: of cause He was chocked they all where :grin:.

Thanks for the pics Hewman. :thumbup:

Can't say I was too fussed who the officer was going to be - just good to get a different one.

IG-88 looks odd on the illustration - will have to reserve judgement on that 'til I see the real thing. BUT, is that supposed to be an upside down 1 x 1 round brick on top of his head? If it is, the way it's presented looks compressed and would suggest it has a stud on the top and bottom *huh* - which I imagine is unlikely.

Thanks for the pics Hewman. :thumbup:

Can't say I was too fussed who the officer was going to be - just good to get a different one.

IG-88 looks odd on the illustration - will have to reserve judgement on that 'til I see the real thing. BUT, is that supposed to be an upside down 1 x 1 round brick on top of his head? If it is, the way it's presented looks compressed and would suggest it has a stud on the top and bottom *huh* - which I imagine is unlikely.

I assume there's a rod inside the two head pieces holding them together.

I guessed right about Admiral Piett. Hopefully its a double sided head because that side looks a bit pained.

I think we can rule that out because it's definitely Snape's head they've reused here (and besides, the kepi wouldn't cover the second face even if there was one)...

hp100.jpg?1

Source: hp100.jpg?1

I really like the updated versions of IG-88 and Dengar, especially the latter is a vast improvement. IMO, the bandana works a lot better than the Ninja hood (or the PoP one). :thumbup:

I assume there's a rod inside the two head pieces holding them together.

That would still need an extra long one of these. I'm assuming it's just bad CGI for now - I really dislike these illustrations TLG use, I find them quite deceptive.

Edited by Praiter Yed

I hate being American, because it means I can't complain about pricing without being ripped apart by rapid Europeans

I hate being American, because it means I can't complain about pricing without being ripped apart by rapid Europeans

Then why bother posting something like this?

Very trollish of you - I am NOT impressed with such a remark. :sceptic:

Ugh. Snape's head looks awful on Piett. :sick: How do they think this looks the same as this? (but then again, I'm bad with faces)

Ugh. Snape's head looks awful on Piett. :sick:

I don't think it worked very well for Snape, for that matter. The IG-88 pic is certainly deceptive. Either the printed piece is a new piece altogether, or the CG makes it look like there is a stud on top, when there actually isn't. I know that the previous assassin droids weren't all that accurate exactly, but I thought the trans orange 1x1 bit did the job.

He's an Imperial officer working for Darth Vader :vader: of cause He was chocked they all where :grin:.

Anyone in the States seen the new sets in stores yet? Also, is Mace Windus star fighter a Wal Mart exclusive? I haven't seen it in either Target or TRU.

Mr. Man, I see by your Jedi picture din there that you have the Republic Frigate, where's the review?! That's the set I really want. How long is it?

The IG-88 better be a print unlike the medical droid from General Grevious's Starfighter :sceptic:

Either the printed piece is a new piece altogether, or the CG makes it look like there is a stud on top, when there actually isn't.

I'd assume that as you said it's just a normal 1x1 round, and the artwork makes the stud receptacle too small. Edited by Brickdoctor

I like the new Dengar. It's definitely more movie-accurate. Its nice to see that Lego is finally making an effort to make things more accurate instead of just using existing pieces and doing the cheap and easy thing.

Nannan posted pics of the Executor box in his photostream:

5840839429_f13e2ebd66_z.jpg

053 by Nannan Z., on Flickr

5840841481_8a43fe06c1_z.jpg

054 by Nannan Z., on Flickr

Playset confirmed, though if you ask me it seems to have been integrated pretty well.