KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I don't think this has been asked yet, so...

I'm looking at the minifig poster and the R2 unit (probably Artoo) to the left of the red protocol droid appears to have a realistic metallic dome. Am I seeing things correctly or could it be some trick of the light? But it could be possible, seeing as the droid from the Imperial V-Wing is metallic and the original Artoo minifig had metallic printing on the dome in the past.

Could the Hoth base contain a new Artoo with a shiny head?

edit: I'd also like to see full body printing on the Artoo body cylinder as well. Yeah, I know; Dream on!

I'd love it, but I think that's just a combination of the artistic representation and the light reflecting off what is most likely a glossy poster.

But the fact that there are no Rebel Pilots on the poster still stands. As for Han and Leia, they've been around a lot, but they're still main characters that you'd expect to get if you were someone who doesn't normally buy SW and was just buying one big Echo Base set.

Most of the people who buy Star Wars sets are Star Wars fans, the new generations loves Clone Wars and they look for Episodes I, II or III sets, if Lego releases a Hoth Set with characteres like General Rieekan, Toryn Farr, some rebel pilots, guess what? There will be many people buying this set or what about you? If you have a chance to get a set like that, do you buy it? or just because Han or Leia are not there, then is a useless set.

The point here is Lego loves to keep important characteres far far away from the shelves.

In fact, the UCS Lando was probably hinting at a UCS ESB set- the Executer.

*huh* how? *huh*

The point here is Lego loves to keep important characteres far far away from the shelves.

What do you mean? Han and Leia are easily more important than Rieekan.

default_huh.gif how? default_huh.gif

Lando's only appearance in-film is in ESB. The Executer is largley in ESB, and this scene takes place in ESB. And the Executer is UCS.

Lando's only appearance in-film is in ESB.

Um...have you seen Return of the Jedi, or...?

Lando's only appearance in-film is in ESB. The Executer is largley in ESB, and this scene takes place in ESB. And the Executer is UCS.

You mean Lobot...

Um...have you seen Return of the Jedi, or...?

Oh, sorry, I meant Lobot default_blush.gif

EDIT: On both accounts default_blush.gif

Edited by The Legonater

Oh, sorry, I meant Lobot default_blush.gif

EDIT: On both accounts default_blush.gif

Lobot and the executor have nothing to do with one another besides the fact that they are both in Star Wars, and ESB, I don't think UCS lobot was meant to be a hint, but rather just a joke.

Lobot and the executor have nothing to do with one another besides the fact that they are both in Star Wars, and ESB, I don't think UCS lobot was meant to be a hint, but rather just a joke.

Ya, the Lobot thing was just sillyness. But, I do understand the connection between him and the Executor (ESB).

I was just looking at soem pics of the new TPM Obi-Wan, and was rather upset with the fact that 1) he has no braid, and 2) he has a hood. I've been thinking of replacing the hood for some hair, but I'm not sure that his original hair is good enough. Does anyone have any ideas on what hairpiece might look good on him?

EDIT: I'm now a EB Knight!

Edited by Fives

What do you mean? Han and Leia are easily more important than Rieekan.

Sure they are but we have a lot of them... Maybe my last quote was wrong... Lego loves to keep far far away "minor" important characters from the shelves.

Rieekan was the general from that Battle, Wes Janson + Wedge Antilles shot down an AT-AT give to the Rebels a few minutes to scape.

Anyway Brickdoctor, I will always happy to see on the shelves original trilogy sets.

Thanks for your comments.

Ya, the Lobot thing was just sillyness. But, I do understand the connection between him and the Executor (ESB).

There's literally zero connection between Lobot and the Executor. It was clearly a joke as he said the most ridiculous thing he could think of (even though I'd probably buy it haha).

Still hoping for that Cloud City playset someday!

The minifigures on that poster are the ones that will be in their respective sets and that's that!

Edited by KielDaMan
Pls. refrain from using all caps in the entirety of your post. Thanks

Sure they are but we have a lot of them... Maybe my last quote was wrong... Lego loves to keep far far away "minor" important characters from the shelves.

Rieekan was the general from that Battle, Wes Janson + Wedge Antilles shot down an AT-AT give to the Rebels a few minutes to scape.

Anyway Brickdoctor, I will always happy to see on the shelves original trilogy sets.

Thanks for your comments.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge OT fan and I while I welcome every OT set TLG produces (at least until I've gotten a good look at them), I too would love to have all those minor characters produced.

My point is, the minor characters won't sell the set to the majority of target audience. We may have a million Hans, (and HP fans can say the same for Harrys), but ultimately TLG wants to attract new customers, and new customers are going to expect to get the main characters if they shell out $100+ dollars for a toy they're just getting into.

My point is, the minor characters won't sell the set to the majority of target audience. We may have a million Hans, (and HP fans can say the same for Harrys), but ultimately TLG wants to attract new customers, and new customers are going to expect to get the main characters if they shell out $100+ dollars for a toy they're just getting into.

And as I mentioned before, they could just get this... even the box art fits.

Remember, though, that 7754 did not contain any of our "major" characters with the notable exception of Lando (in spite of the fact that they were all in that scene) while containing several "minor" characters (e. g. Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Madine).

And as I mentioned before, they could just get this... even the box art fits.

Then if they want the base, they have to buy even more. And Han and Leia are very much major characters of Echo Base. TLG is not thinking, 'People should have other sets and this set is an opportunity to add the minor characters'; they're thinking, 'People will expect to see these characters in this scene.'

Remember, though, that 7754 did not contain any of our "major" characters with the notable exception of Lando (in spite of the fact that they were all in that scene) while containing several "minor" characters (e. g. Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Madine).

I have a feeling that 7754 included that selection of 'figs for the AFOLs sake as a 10th Anniversary set. The forthcoming Echo Base is a plain vanilla System set.

Why do some people from my country not take the time to read over their posts? Is it really that hard? I always feel like people look down on us and it irks me. But I digress...

I had no idea the Executor was about four feet in length. I think it will make a good display in glass case coffee table. :cry_happy:

I can't wait to see some pictures of the Hoth set. Soon hopefully.

and also with this new UCS super star destroyer...is that now the largest lego star wars even more so than the UCS millinum falcon?

We don't know yet, but judging by size, the MF at 3 ft. by 2 ft. is probably still larger that the Executor, probably around 4 ft. by 1 ft.

Why do some people from my country not take the time to read over their posts? Is it really that hard? I always feel like people look down on us and it irks me. But I digress...

I agree.

I had no idea the Executor was about four feet in length. I think it will make a good display in glass case coffee table. :cry_happy:

I can't wait to see some pictures of the Hoth set. Soon hopefully.

There's nothing wrong with Americans, just people who can't find three seconds to delete the apostrophe in "its" when it's* being used to indicate possession. But I'll get back on topic.

That reminds me of someone's display of 10179 set inside a glass coffee table... I can't find the picture. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

From what we've heard, 7879 sounds rather like 7754 with guns instead of a hangar...

*See what I did there?

At Fives' post on the page before this one.

You could use this hairpiece as the makers of May The Fourth Be With You 2 did with young Obi-Wan Kenobi:

post-15376-130674369902.jpg[

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

Hi :)

As for the poster, can anyone tell me who's the guy above Darth Maul?

I'd say that's Dengar.

I'd say that's Dengar.

I thought so as well. However, he looks significantly different than 10221 Dengar. Legs and Body remind me a bit of the Kashyyyk Trooper.

I thought so as well. However, he looks significantly different than 10221 Dengar. Legs and Body remind me a bit of the Kashyyyk Trooper.

Eh his legs are plain grey, and the body is obscured by the gun, but it's definitely Dengar.