KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

No no no no no! I do NOT want a CW C-3PO! :sick:

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see what in the world LEGO would do to Threepio to differentiate him from his film counterpart. Will they enlarge his photoreceptors (like the anime eyes on Neo-Clone Wars human minifigures)? Exaggerate his bodily details (Yoda's hair)? Or will they just make a whole new mold for him (Grievous)?

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see what in the world LEGO would do to Threepio to differentiate him from his film counterpart. Will they enlarge his photoreceptors (like the anime eyes on Neo-Clone Wars human minifigures)? Exaggerate his bodily details (Yoda's hair)? Or will they just make a whole new mold for him (Grievous)?

If we had to get a new C3P0 then an Episode 1 version with his circuits showing would be pretty cool.

Personally I want that little laughing rat that sits by Jabba.

Agreed. Another classic character that I don't want to see change.

If we had to get a new C3P0 then an Episode 1 version with his circuits showing would be pretty cool.

Personally I want that little laughing rat that sits by Jabba.

Salacious Crumb? I guess he'd just be a single molded piece, like the mouse and parrot. Could be useful, though. Another thing to tack onto the wishlist for a new Jabba's palace, though, moreso than something to include as a book exclusive. Let's not turn this into a wish topic, though.

med_gallery_101_110_1552.jpg

Has anyone seen Chewie on the left, he seems to have black where his eyes are. I dont know if this is printing or just shadow, but it seems suspicious. What do you guys think?

The new book could be a perfect time to make Zuckuss or 4-LOM as, unless they appear in TCW(which I doubt will ever happen), they probably would never be put into a set apart from another new Slave 1, which I'm sure nobody wants(unless it's Jango Fett's, of course) just yet.

Lord Embo

What about one of the Cantina Band members :sweet: ? Or in a very dreaming way a totally new Max Rebo :cry_happy: !

I go with the idea of one of the cantina band members. Although I don't know what to with 5 of those books. Don't think TLG will ever bring out a box with the whole band. Playability is lower than low, but the minifig is a musthave!

*snip*

Has anyone seen Chewie on the left, he seems to have black where his eyes are. I dont know if this is printing or just shadow, but it seems suspicious. What do you guys think?

Yup I see it too. It looks like they will be putting eye and nose prints on Chewie (the same way they updated the ewoks), and this will probably be the updated version for the upcoming MF.

As a SW Minifig collector, I'm looking forward to the book and the new fig! :thumbup:

Let's not turn this into a wish topic, though.

Hear, hear! :hmpf_bad:

Look closely at the character encyclopedia, does Palpatine look like he has a new face to anyone, it doesn't match any of the old ones (it looks a bit like a Death Eaters, or Lord Voldemort's head), and Obi Wan's face looks a bit different. Chewy looks like he has printing, and the BD has two straight arms.

Look closely at the character encyclopedia, does Palpatine look like he has a new face to anyone, it doesn't match any of the old ones (it looks a bit like a Death Eaters, or Lord Voldemort's head), and Obi Wan's face looks a bit different. Chewy looks like he has printing, and the BD has two straight arms.

I find it odd that they would show updated minifigs from the summer sets yet still leave on Luke's current hair piece. If he's getting a new one from what everyone is saying, why wouldn't they show that on the book yet update all the other minifigs?

Guys, why are you looking at a small image for reference instead of a big one that I think has even been posted here before.

5321240443_88a416f626_b.jpg

Chewie looks exactly the same to me, Palpy doesn't look different, and there have been BDs with two straight arms before. They came in the Droid Gunship.

The Character Encyclopedia is a walkthrough with 200 minifigs from the Star Wars theme.

It'll be looking backwards - meaning that no unreleased figs will be in it.

Just like the Star Wars Visual Dictionary looked backwards.

Bricklink lists that the Star Wars theme has 351 figs - cut out the duplicates with minior differences and we're close to 200.

So let's not guess that we'll see anything new in this book.

The exclusive minifig can be almost anything and I think it's time to let go of the need to speculate and wish about it.

If you have the need to make wishes, then find the Future Star Wars Sets-topic where wishes are to be posted.

Let's stick with keeping this topic clean and straight forward please.

I don't understand. How would a new 3PO change the one you already have; does it mean that TLG will come to your house a take your OT fig?

Guys, why are you looking at a small image for reference instead of a big one that I think has even been posted here before.

5321240443_88a416f626_b.jpg

Chewie looks exactly the same to me, Palpy doesn't look different, and there have been BDs with two straight arms before. They came in the Droid Gunship.

There are no new figs on the front of this book, but I am positive that I see two CW Mace Windus. One under the title, with his head obscured, and one on the right corner. :laugh: Funny.

EDIT: there are THREE Maces! and two clone pilots and two Aayla Securas. This cover is covered with duplicates! *oh2*

Edited by Fives

The Character Encyclopedia is a walkthrough with 200 minifigs from the Star Wars theme.

It'll be looking backwards - meaning that no unreleased figs will be in it.

Just like the Star Wars Visual Dictionary looked backwards.

Bricklink lists that the Star Wars theme has 351 figs - cut out the duplicates with minior differences and we're close to 200.

So let's not guess that we'll see anything new in this book.

The exclusive minifig can be almost anything and I think it's time to let go of the need to speculate and wish about it.

If you have the need to make wishes, then find the Future Star Wars Sets-topic where wishes are to be posted.

Let's stick with keeping this topic clean and straight forward please.

There are no new figs on the front of this book, but I am positive that I see two CW Mace Windus. One under the title, with his head obscured, and one on the right corner. :laugh: Funny.

EDIT: there are THREE Maces! and two clone pilots and two Aayla Securas. This cover is covered with duplicates! *oh2*

And so what?

Does a few duplicates hurt?

And so what?

Does a few duplicates hurt?

No, it just is funny that TLG decided to fill the cover with duplicates instead of all completely different figs. It isn't bad, just funny.

The book isn't done by TLG.

It's done by DK-Books with some assistance from TLG.

I find it odd that they would show updated minifigs from the summer sets yet still leave on Luke's current hair piece. If he's getting a new one from what everyone is saying, why wouldn't they show that on the book yet update all the other minifigs?

This could still be a prelim image. The first pics we saw of the Visual Dictionary had battle damaged Vader on the cover.

This could still be a prelim image.

Exactly. Also judging by the fact that the circle for the exclusive fig is just a "teaser," I bet the finished cover will be a bit different (and show the actual fig).

Yeah- the Hand squadron. :tongue:

It's more obvious when you've owned the '05 one.

Nothing wrong with that name, is there? :tongue:

Seriously though, even after trying to force myself to see it, I still can't see those stickers as windows. It's probably the weird angle.

Nothing wrong with that name, is there? :tongue:

Seriously though, even after trying to force myself to see it, I still can't see those stickers as windows. It's probably the weird angle.

That's because they don't look like windows. The windows are obvious on the older one.

7965 Millenium Falcon is a tad larger than my 4504. Top hinged parts on my Falcon are 12 studs long, the new version counts out to 14. So hopefully were looking at a 1200-1400 piece set. New frigate IMO looks far better than previous version. Most excited however by Sith Infiltrator, which up until now hasn't really been done justice.

7965 Millennium Falcon is a tad larger than my 4504. Top hinged parts on my Falcon are 12 studs long, the new version counts out to 14. So hopefully were looking at a 1200-1400 piece set. New frigate IMO looks far better than previous version. Most excited however by Sith Infiltrator, which up until now hasn't really been done justice.

Well unless you really like the original 1999 one (ME!!! :thumbup:) Then it has :laugh:.

I'm not too bothered about a new Falcon, you cant build armies out of the figs (unless you want an army of R2's) so it will probably end up as prices. Also the previous Falcons where great they where just the wrong colors inside (easily MODable), the new one is probably overpriced.

Edit: BTW have we worked out who the new ARF is Razor, Stak, or generic LS trooper)?

Edited by Mr Man

Edit: BTW have we worked out who the new ARF is Razor, Stak, or generic LS trooper)?

We worked it out a while ago that it was "Razor" as he has 4 Stripes on his Helmet :wink: