KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Looks good! Just makes me wish even more that Brickmaster was available in Canada. :cry_sad:

Me too! I like it. The cockpit looks nice, and the new green is a nice refresher.

I agree with this because, there are bricklink sellers

who sell "cheap plastic" magnet figures as regular figures at outrageous prices.

So I guess I'm one of the few who liked the idea of glued magnets for 2011.

I'm liking the Watto figure and Quinlan figure based on what I see.

Can't wait to get those sets.

Lol, review already up

It's a nice set, got it myself - not as bland as claimed

Back on the magnet topic - I'm strangely for this

I buy the sets when they come out - and it's a slap in the face to see those same minifigs in a £10 pack a few months later when I paid £50+ for them

Besides, they were rubbish Chinese plastic - just contaminates bricklink, you don't know what you're getting

You know what I miss in the 2011 Star Wars release are animals. No Bantha or a new Dewback (old version is hard to get).

Last year we had the Tauntaun in the first release and Wampa in the second.

Hopefully we get a big set with them. Earlier we saw pictures with brown peaces from that guy who designs the Lego Star Wars boxes.

A new Jawa tank with a Bantha would be nice.

If not, I can live with the June sets we allready know.

I was hoping that the Battle of Naboo would have a newly printed Kaadu but no luck. :look:

I'd say last year was good for the creatures but maybe this year, TLG are focusing on the minifigures. Mind you they are doing a good on those figures :wub:

I wonder what month that set is coming out? I don't remember seeing a preview for it for Jan-Feb, and if it's not the Jan-Feb, how did that seller get 10 copies?

At any rate, that set should be coming to my doorstep soon enough. :wub:

Looks good and especially intereting for me since I'm about to update my very own Mini/Midi slave at the moment. The only problem I see with the really nice cockpit is how it looks from the front.

It might strech down to far, but on the other hand mine doesn't go down far enough. And I'm also happy to see it doesn't incorporate the "real wing mechanism, wich seem just impossible at this scale.

I'm also very interested to see how this model depicts the back with all the engine and greeblingstuff.

I've been studdying the ewok attack picture after seeing all the criticsms and I don't see why people have been hating on it.

Let's start with the bad;

I spotted a catapult but this is only a single piece and not the main feature.

Now, the good;

Whilst the log deploy feature doesn't seem to be movie accurate, it does look rather ingenious. It looks like a plank, when pulled or pushed (I can't see which), will deploy at least 2 technic logs.

The Logray figure looks like a new mold and both of the ewoks' printing look great. All of the jungle scenery pieces are allways useful, but nothing new as far as I can see. The far right of the hill can be rotated at least 90 degrees and who knows, this could lead to some playability behind the set.

Now, other than a possible lack of figures in some people's view, why is this set 'bad'?

Added:

med_gallery_101_110_34665.jpg

20019 Slave 1 (Brickmaster)

Figs: None

Price: Unknown

Parts: 76

Release: Now or 2011?

Looks great! I can't wait until it arrives in the mail. :wub: It looks like they're using the same cockpit technique as the Atlantis Sub- it's perfect!

ceroknight, there's still a few months worth for people (like me) who bought an entire year subscription just before they discontinued it.

Out of all the Brickmaster's for SW.....this one is the best, somehow they caught every curve and angle correct. :thumbup:

I'm wondering that this was going to be released in the Brickmaster program, but was shelved when it was canned ?

May the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Out of all the Brickmaster's for SW.....this one is the best, somehow they caught every curve and angle correct. :thumbup:

I'm wondering that this was going to be released in the Brickmaster program, but was shelved when it was canned ?

May the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Just got mine in the mail today. What a surprise. Great mini set.

I guess that means I might have a new MINI set when I get home. I love getting LEGO in the mail. :laugh:

ceroknight, there's still a few months worth for people (like me) who bought an entire year subscription just before they discontinued it.

Did they ever announce what BM is going to morph into officially? I saw rumors, but I don't remember if it was official or not.

Also, what is the last month for BM? I think my subscription runs out in May.

I guess that means I might have a new MINI set when I get home. I love getting LEGO in the mail. :laugh:

Did they ever announce what BM is going to morph into officially? I saw rumors, but I don't remember if it was official or not.

Also, what is the last month for BM? I think my subscription runs out in May.

Brickmaster becomes Master Builders Club which is launched in the US initially.

If it works well TLG might consider launcing it in other countries.

MBC is to be launched sometime after March/April - the LEGO Club magazine will bring a feature in their March/April issue.

At least that's what I've heard and learned from reading BrickCon blogs.

Ok how do I get this? Join brickmaster?

You can't join the Brickmaster any longer. You have to wait for this new program to start.

You will have to get it off Ebay or Bricklink.

Wow, that Slave I mini model is stunning! :wub:

Unless the price skyrockets like with the Indiana Jones jeep I'll definitely pick one, or two, or three ( :grin: ) up. I've been wanting to buy a mini of the Slave I for quite some time and now when TLG's releasing a pretty good new one I won't pass up this opportunity.

Cheers!

Enpaz