KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

'snip'... But I changed my mind (learning that Leias torso cannot be used for Luke cause it has boobs :blush:

That's easily fixed, using sticky tape mask the areas of print you want to keep then with a cotton bud dipped in brasso - rub Leias boobs vigourously :laugh:

(The hips just look like creases).

endorluke.jpg

Personally I think this set needs a Rebel, a different Ewok color, and a Stormtrooper. The battle was not all Ewoks and Scout troopers. Sad to say that Luke has no chance of being in this set since he was on the Death Star during the battle.

I think we definitely need more Ewoks, more Rebel troops and yes, more Stormies - if this set is anything like 7749 Echo Base, and the price suggests it is, we could be looking at 5-6 figures which leaves a lot for TLG to choose to put in. The title makes me doubt there'll be any Rebels though.

But who knows what might come for ROTJ anniversary (I'll leave that for another thread).

Edited by Praiter Yed

Did the South African site confirm Battle of Endor? If so, it's okay to discuss, but I'll wait until I know for sure.

I don't know about you, but Rex looks like he has grey armor in the new Geonosis set. Maybe it's just my eyes.

Did the South African site confirm Battle of Endor? If so, it's okay to discuss, but I'll wait until I know for sure.

Yes. It has been confirmed as "Ewok Attack". It's unknown what will come with it, though. :sceptic:

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

The set is confirmed; the contents are not.

Yes. It has been confirmed as "Ewok Attack".

~ General Magma

The set is confirmed; the contents are not.

Awesome.

I want at least a catapult, a glider, a generic brown Ewok, and the black Ewok to complete my collection of Ewok colors. Trenchcoat Han and Endor Luke would be nice too, even if they don't really fit in canonically for that time.

Awesome.

I want at least a catapult, a glider, a generic brown Ewok, and the black Ewok to complete my collection of Ewok colors. Trenchcoat Han and Endor Luke would be nice too, even if they don't really fit in canonically for that time.

Wouldn't it be better if TLG brought something new to the mix rather than giving us another catapult, another glider probably another speeder bike? Although I have to admit, I'm not sure what 'something new' could be. A pile of logs would be more exciting to me than the same-old, same-old.

Plus since when have TLG totally ignored cannonicity in favour of... oh hang on, what am I saying *huh*

Wouldn't it be better if TLG brought something new to the mix rather than giving us another catapult, another glider probably another speeder bike? Although I have to admit, I'm not sure what 'something new' could be. A pile of logs would be more exciting to me than the same-old, same-old.

Plus since when have TLG totally ignored cannonicity in favour of... oh hang on, what am I saying *huh*

Agreed, but if those were included, and the price was comparable to Battle of Naboo, it could be a great army builder. I guess other than that, I can't think of anything to put in a set under $100. Because given any price point, I'd want an Ewok Tree.

Agreed, but if those were included, and the price was comparable to Battle of Naboo, it could be a great army builder. I guess other than that, I can't think of anything to put in a set under $100. Because given any price point, I'd want an Ewok Tree.

I'm sure you're right. Plus it's possibly selfish to think otherwise, a set containing those items at around £22 would be perfect for anyone who didn't have the Battle OF Endor set. And as you say, a great army builder also.

Haha, because a lot of people could recognize that right away. :tongue: I almost didn't!

While the minifig printing for these sets is fantastic, the sets themselves barely make up for it. That seems to be the trend nowadays, am I right? :hmpf_bad:

For anyone who's seen the North American dubbed version, the use of 'Sailor Scouts' should have been a dead giveaway...

Seeing as they've updated the minifigures in the 6212 X-wing while leaving the actual thing untouched, I would believe so...

umm I'm pretty sure everyone wants them...

If fancy new molds are jacking up prices and interfering with set quality, then I don't want them.

AFAIK, TLG will never make specific highly-accurate weapons/blasters which will have limited use elsewhere. They make the blasters/pistols to be as generic as possible so it can be used in various applications. Making a DC-15 rifle and blaster makes no sense at all since it will only be limited to the use of the clones. That's why there are third-party customizers which cater to this accurate minifig weapons market.

Sorry for joining this off-topic a bit, just sharing my 2 cents.

So LEGO will make highly detailed character-specific helmets and leg prints but not accessories? And what about Asajj's lightsabers in the 7676 Republic Gunship?

As for the Ewok set, I just wish they'd give us a decent AT-ST at an affordable price.

Those are looking great, even though I have no idea who Sugi is.

and is it just me or do in all those pics, the V-Wing astromech look chrome silver rather than dark grey?

I'm pretty sure from the high-res picture on Grogall's Brickshelf that it's 315 Silver Metallic, the new pearl silver/pearl light gray color introduced in summer 2010 sets like Kingdoms and Hero Factory. It replaced the previous pearl silver/pearl light gray color, 131 Silver.

In any event, it's some sort of silver, not just dark grey.

Awesome.

Funny, that's almost exactly what i said last time we had this conversation. But still, it's true- if they're going to do another Endor set,t hey need the rest of the figs.

I got the Battle of Naboo, Jedi Shuttle, and V-wing delivered from TRU this afternoon, and built all three in about an hour and a half. I just couldn't stop. I ended up being really happy with all three. The shuttle and the droid carrier actually grew on me as I was building them.

I'll add some comments to the Naboo review, but I can't do formal reviews of the V-wing or the Shuttle, since I can't upload pictures on this netbook, let alone figure out how to get them in the review quickly. If everybody is interested, I suppose I could do "no pictures" reviews, but those aren't very much fun, I know.

Anyway, I'd be happy to answer any questions on the V-wing and the Shuttle if anyone wants, if I can.

Generally, I'm pleased with the v-wing. It's a quick build, with not alot of pieces. Very swooshable, and I like the mechanism to move the wings. No flick fires! Stickers, of course. I think the astromech is the silver color talked about- but I don't have any other silver pieces to compare. It took about 20-30 minutes to build.

The Shuttle has numbered bags- one for the engines, one for each wing, and one for the cockpit. It made the build much easier. No question they could have squeezed four figs into the cockpit- only two are supposed to go in, and they're staggered. Should be easy to mod. The new molds like even better in person, and even though they're CW based, I think that Shaak Ti looks great, and that's coming from a OT fan first, PT fan second, and CW fan only because I love SW in general.

Anyway, if you all think that any more of a formal review with pics would be helpful, I'm happy to do them. Unless I can get one of my nieces here in the next week, I don't think I can pull it off. They're much better on the computer than me!

I think everyone is going to be very pleased....

Churchill

I got the Battle of Naboo, Jedi Shuttle, and V-wing delivered from TRU this afternoon, and built all three in about an hour and a half. I just couldn't stop. I ended up being really happy with all three. The shuttle and the droid carrier actually grew on me as I was building them.

I'll add some comments to the Naboo review, but I can't do formal reviews of the V-wing or the Shuttle, since I can't upload pictures on this netbook, let alone figure out how to get them in the review quickly. If everybody is interested, I suppose I could do "no pictures" reviews, but those aren't very much fun, I know.

Anyway, I'd be happy to answer any questions on the V-wing and the Shuttle if anyone wants, if I can.

Generally, I'm pleased with the v-wing. It's a quick build, with not alot of pieces. Very swooshable, and I like the mechanism to move the wings. No flick fires! Stickers, of course. I think the astromech is the silver color talked about- but I don't have any other silver pieces to compare. It took about 20-30 minutes to build.

The Shuttle has numbered bags- one for the engines, one for each wing, and one for the cockpit. It made the build much easier. No question they could have squeezed four figs into the cockpit- only two are supposed to go in, and they're staggered. Should be easy to mod. The new molds like even better in person, and even though they're CW based, I think that Shaak Ti looks great, and that's coming from a OT fan first, PT fan second, and CW fan only because I love SW in general.

Anyway, if you all think that any more of a formal review with pics would be helpful, I'm happy to do them. Unless I can get one of my nieces here in the next week, I don't think I can pull it off. They're much better on the computer than me!

I think everyone is going to be very pleased....

Churchill

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! A full review with pics would be much appreciated, if possible. I'm particularly interested in the Jedi Shuttle, since we havn't seen much of that one yet.

By the time I could get pics figured out, someone will beat me to a full review. The shuttle is actually nice- The wing mechanism works smoothly (just turning, but its stable), though I'm not sure I understand why on the "real" shuttle they move...

The flick fires fire by pushing on the trans clear 2x2 circular engine pieces. I couldn't understand why there was no landing gear in the front, then my wife (who doesn't build, just... tolerates) pointed out the technic piece that turns providing great stability when "landed." Perhaps I missed that instruction when building it...

The box seems to show that the cockpit can be detached; implying an "escape pod" but I'm not sure it's any different than the cockpit attachment on any other shuttle.

More shuttle thoughts:

The cockpit looks designed for two; but the more I look at it, with just moving a piece or two, I think four would fit fine. The windscreen doesn't hing, but it's a niece piece.

The stickers are actually not that bad- two for the wings are big, but they have a white background, and are going on white pieces- sorry I can't explain what pieces are called that well- but they are flat with studs on three outside sides- so the rectangular stickers are easy to place.

The engines have a piece that's new to me- the white arches used in the space shuttle, but now they're a complete 180 degree arch. Makes building with them much easier.

More shuttle thoughts:

The cockpit looks designed for two; but the more I look at it, with just moving a piece or two, I think four would fit fine. The windscreen doesn't hing, but it's a niece piece.

The stickers are actually not that bad- two for the wings are big, but they have a white background, and are going on white pieces- sorry I can't explain what pieces are called that well- but they are flat with studs on three outside sides- so the rectangular stickers are easy to place.

The engines have a piece that's new to me- the white arches used in the space shuttle, but now they're a complete 180 degree arch. Makes building with them much easier.

Thanks so much!

So I'm presuming no printed pieces?

@Churchill, lucky you already have those new sets, thanks for sharing those infos. Though we're certainly looking forward for a pictorial review for better appreciation of the sets if you could provide one. default_classic.gif

The cockpit is the only printed piece. It looks just like a bigger, fancier x-wing cockpit (same color, etc). It's actually kind of hard to take off (no hinge). Hurts my fingers.

@Churchill, lucky you already have those new sets, thanks for sharing those infos. Though we're certainly looking forward for a pictorial review for better appreciation of the sets if you could provide one. default_classic.gif

Yeah I feel kind of wierd- seems like I'm the first to build it, but I'm frustrated as heck that I can't do a formal review. I feel like I'm letting everyone down. I just couldn't contain my enthusiasm and had to post about the sets! My old laptop's on it's last legs, and so the netbook is the workhorse- I could take some camera phone pics and send them to someone... I wonder if I can send camera phone pics to an email address. Any advice?

Yeah I feel kind of wierd- seems like I'm the first to build it, but I'm frustrated as heck that I can't do a formal review. I feel like I'm letting everyone down. I just couldn't contain my enthusiasm and had to post about the sets! My old laptop's on it's last legs, and so the netbook is the workhorse- I could take some camera phone pics and send them to someone... I wonder if I can send camera phone pics to an email address. Any advice?

Buy a decent camera, take good pictures, upload them, return the camera to the store :tongue:

Buy a decent camera, take good pictures, upload them, return the camera to the store :tongue:

Ha, ha. Got a great camera. My wife can send pictures of the kids, using both computers and alot of patience, but getting good pics into a review? I need someone to save me and do a pictorial review!

Ha, ha. Got a great camera. My wife can send pictures of the kids, using both computers and alot of patience, but getting good pics into a review? I need someone to save me and do a pictorial review!

Why can't you do a review? You can send me the pictures, and I'll upload them to my BS, and you can make the review.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but now that someone has the sets, is the cockpit on the V-wing the same as the one on the T-6? I'm not going to get either, just curious.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but now that someone has the sets, is the cockpit on the V-wing the same as the one on the T-6? I'm not going to get either, just curious.

No. The V-Wing's cockpit is a brand-new four-wide windscreen that opens with a clip-and-bar hinge (just like the four-by-seven bubble cockpits in Atlantis sets for 2010, and the new 6-wide cockpit in the 2011 Atlantis set Underwater Driller). The T-6 Shuttle's cockpit uses this already-existing windscreen, but with a new print.

Edited by Aanchir

No, the T-6 is a wider, longer version of the x-wing windscreen, and the V-wing looks like a rounded smaller version of the one on the imperial shuttle. I'm not sure if it's a new piece- the imp shuttle is the only think looking around that I can see a similarity to.

No. The V-Wing's cockpit is a brand-new four-wide windscreen that opens with a clip-and-bar hinge (just like the four-by-seven bubble cockpits in Atlantis sets for 2010, and the new 6-wide cockpit in the 2011 Atlantis set Underwater Driller). The T-6 Shuttle's cockpit uses this already-existing windscreen, but with a new print.

Oh, okay. So TLG created a new mold to be used in one set, and that mold isn't even accurate?