Khorne

Chivalrous Knight or Famous Gunslinger?

Knight or Gunslinger?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Holmgang or Dead Man's Hand

• Holmgang (fantasy)
    • Dead Man's Hand (wild west)

Hi all,

You probably can't make out much of the title, but I started this topic to see if there are still people interested in some sort of RP (like the old EBRP). Before I start something similar again, I want to see how people feel about this(plus, the mods will have to approve, of course).

Now, to move on and explain the title. I had been thinking about possible new ideas for an RP and there are two options which I think are good and very likeable. First, we could continue along the lines of the old RP and stay in the medieval-ish/fantasy theme or we could move on to another. I strongly suggest Wild West as a new theme. Wild West has many possibilities and the genre in general has enjoyed a lot of attention the last few years through movies and games.

If you choose to continue knight-style. I suggest we ditch the old factions and focus on the new factions (era 2000: Knights Kingdom I & II, etc.). More people will be able to join because these sets are still more widely available and more people own stuff from these lines.

So, I leave the choice open to you.

holmgang.jpg

holmgang.1.jpg

OR

dmh.jpg

dmh.1.jpg

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Yeah, it does sound interesting.

But being sort of new to EB, I have no idea what you are talking about - could you please develop? Are we supposed to talk age/theme-style or something like that? Have avatars and signatures that match our choice?

Yeah, it does sound interesting.

But being sort of new to EB, I have no idea what you are talking about - could you please develop? Are we supposed to talk age/theme-style or something like that? Have avatars and signatures that match our choice?

I forgot it's been a long time since the original roleplay :blush: . Here's the link to the original discussion thread with links to character and story topics. The new Rp would be something along those lines, but in a new setting :wink: .

I forgot it's been a long time since the original roleplay :blush: . Here's the link to the original discussion thread with links to character and story topics. The new Rp would be something along those lines, but in a new setting :wink: .

Thx, I'll check it out.

Aww man I'm the only one who voted for knights :blush:

I would like to join this though when and if you make it, The original looks cool!

These sound like really interesting games, KhoRne. :thumbup:

I voted for the Dead Man's Hand game, because recent videogames like Call of Juarez and Red Dead Redemption have really inspired me and made me interested in a previously unexplored theme.

I hope you decide to make the Wild West game a reality. I'll definitely sign up for it! :classic:

Wow, sign me up! This sounds very interesting indeed. I voted for the gunslinger.

I voted for Gunslinger. Whilst the fantasy idead does sound great too (why not have both?), Gunslinger gives you a little more reality, and defines some bounderies so nothing too absurd happens.

ok, if I may, can I ask a question? Whatever happened to the old EBRP? Why is it not played anymore?

I have to choose gunslingers because I have no castle sets whatsoever. And I do want to play afterall.

Mmmmm Holmgang.

Axes and shields - one slash at a time each.

Could get nasty :laugh:

Mmmmm Holmgang.

Axes and shields - one slash at a time each.

Could get nasty :laugh:

But don't you wanna have a minifigure in a tiny cowboy hat making 'pew pew' noises?

My honest opinion on this... why try to revive something that's already dead? It looks like everyone has lost interest in the EBRP, so why bring it back, even in another theme?

Not to mention that these sort of games are rather hard to work out in a forum. RPGs are fun, but usually they're a lot more interesting in flash games or video games. In addition to the EBRP "ending", three "comic games" (the other main form of RPGs here) have already failed. There may be some interest with new players here, but it seems to me that they get boring quickly.

Best of luck to you in starting a new RPG anyway. default_thumbup.gif

Did Dragonator really give you a go-ahead for this game? Because I suggested I could host a new RPG half a year ago, and he told me he already had similar plans (so I stuck my head into those plans, then).

My point is that unless something drastic has happened, Dragonator has been very specific that all new ideas for games are run by him. He's away now for a vacation with minimal time online, and I of course cannot speak for him in any way, but I just had to wonder aloud...

For the record, I welcome a new RPG here with open arms. JimButcher mentioned the ill-fated games, but in my opinion their problem were elsewhere than in the concept of forum RPG itself. EBRPG was just way too overblown and massive for anyone to really get into it after the start, and the few comic-games had hosts that couldn't really handle the responsibility (due to inexperience, I guess).

In another message board, I was a moderator of a RPG forum (before I packed my bags and moved here), and there I experienced, hosted and saw numerous RPGs that succeeded from start to finish. All it takes is dedication and motivation from both the host and the players. :wink:

It's just like the Mafia- and Mystery-games we have here, they have either succeeded or failed depending on the host and the players. Despite of that, there's still a big demand for that type of games, just like there is an obvious demand for RPGs here.

Did Dragonator really give you a go-ahead for this game?

No.

My point is that unless something drastic has happened, Dragonator has been very specific that all new ideas for games are run by him. He's away now for a vacation with minimal time online, and I of course cannot speak for him in any way, but I just had to wonder aloud...

And correctly.

I'm going to retitle this discussion and leave it open for now, but make it very clear that this is not an approved game at this point, so everyone should keep that in mind.

At the same time, I will confirm that there are plans for an organized RPG in the works. A serious, megablocks kicking, fire breathing, rough and tumble little trip into the darkest depths of destruction when only your wits and some major skills will keep you breathing long enough to maybe find some treasure and then run, screaming, for your life. *oh2*

It should be amusing. :grin:

No.

And correctly.

I'm going to retitle this discussion and leave it open for now, but make it very clear that this is not an approved game at this point, so everyone should keep that in mind.

At the same time, I will confirm that there are plans for an organized RPG in the works. A serious, megablocks kicking, fire breathing, rough and tumble little trip into the darkest depths of destruction when only your wits and some major skills will keep you breathing long enough to maybe find some treasure and then run, screaming, for your life. *oh2*

It should be amusing. :grin:

I never stated that Dragonator gave his permission :hmpf_bad: . This topic was meant purely as an inquiry as to if people are still interested in similar games. If there would've been enough response, I would've gone on and asked Dragonator. But since you have planned similar stuff already, I guess you can lock this topic then :classic: .

I was really digging that western/gunslinger idea, too.

Here's the thing, even if they have something similar planned it still isn't the same thing. Look how many mafia/mystery games there are on here, does that mean we should narrow all those down to one or two? No, because different people will have different interests.

Also, why should it be up to one single person if an RPG or game gets made? I think it should be decided via vote(other forums I go to operate this way, and it works pretty darn smoothly), this way you know if there is general public interest in the idea to begin with. If it's a good idea with supporters it floats, if it doesn't get enough people behind it then it sinks.

This is in no way meant to be disrespectful towards anyone, and my apologies if I'm coming off that way. I just really don't get these methods.

Edited by TheShnomon

I only posted 3 or 4 times in the original EBRP, but it was pretty fun. I would prefer to stay with castle simply because I have absolutely no Western figs.

If this game is approved, I'd love to join but don't know if I'd have the time to be online often enough to play. Is there a rule stating how often you have to be online?

And in the case that I won't be able to play, I voted Holmgang just because it'd be more fun to 'watch'.

When I say your title I was immediately reminded of the castle role play but I got go for wild west.Why? Mostly because I been researching the gunfight at the O.K. corral and because I already have a double barrel shotgun on standby (nobody move! :laugh: ).Finnaly does anybody have and WW decals we can use?

I was really digging that western/gunslinger idea, too.

Here's the thing, even if they have something similar planned it still isn't the same thing. Look how many mafia/mystery games there are on here, does that mean we should narrow all those down to one or two? No, because different people will have different interests.

Also, why should it be up to one single person if an RPG or game gets made? I think it should be decided via vote(other forums I go to operate this way, and it works pretty darn smoothly), this way you know if there is general public interest in the idea to begin with. If it's a good idea with supporters it floats, if it doesn't get enough people behind it then it sinks.

This is in no way meant to be disrespectful towards anyone, and my apologies if I'm coming off that way. I just really don't get these methods.

I think the reason EB handles games like they do is because otherwise the forum might get cluttered with whole loads of different games and interest would fade rapidly. Plus, by deciding on who gets to run a game, the standards of the game are raised in order to get chosen, which leads to better games. But I do not deny the fact that you pointed which says it can certainly work otherwhise, too.

I only posted 3 or 4 times in the original EBRP, but it was pretty fun. I would prefer to stay with castle simply because I have absolutely no Western figs.

You don't need [original LEGO] Western figs to create western themed figures. Stuff from the Adventurers, Star Wars and Harry Potter lines work great, too. Just look at my banner, only few figs are real 'Western' figs :wink: .

If this game is approved, I'd love to join but don't know if I'd have the time to be online often enough to play. Is there a rule stating how often you have to be online?

And in the case that I won't be able to play, I voted Holmgang just because it'd be more fun to 'watch'.

Right now, there are no rules :tongue: , but in the EBRP there was no minimum to be online.

When I say your title I was immediately reminded of the castle role play but I got go for wild west.Why? Mostly because I been researching the gunfight at the O.K. corral and because I already have a double barrel shotgun on standby (nobody move! :laugh: ).Finnaly does anybody have and WW decals we can use?

I don't know about any WW decals, but as I've said, many newer torsos and figs work for western, too. Plus, there the new cowboy fig that comes with the Minifig Series I. Also, some of the Farm theme figs can be easily turned into ranch hands, etc.

Sign in to follow this