KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Guys, do you think there will be 2 more sets we haven't heard of? 8090 and 8094 aren't in the list of the 2010 sets on the front page. UCS sets perhaps? :look:

UCS have different set numbers, so it won't be those.

But yeah, there will definitely be a couple of more sets coming.. special editions like the Tantive IV pop up towards the end of the year. Which is why there's been so much speculation on here about a new Cloud City coming. But it could be anything, although I'd place my bet on the AT-AT being one of them.

AHA! I think I just realized why Kit's in the ARC! See, it's just an exsample of LEGO's 'tricks' reffered to before. They realease the ARC, with Kit strangly in it. A few might get it, and others are just plain confuzled. Gerivous's starfighter comes out, with Gerivous, Nahdar, and those that DIDN'T get the ARC and get the starfighter sya, 'Hey! Fit's in this sceane, where is he? Oh THERE he is, flying around in an ARC!' So they get the ARC as well, and vise versa for those who already have the ARC.

Hmmf. I release a very plausible and exiting theory and everyone's hung up on the possibility of an AT-AT

I'm pretty sure it'll be another midi-set. The Falcon was great, so I'd love to see more of those. And it's definitely not a UCS and it makes no sense for them to release another normal AT-AT set when we already have one, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't on the 2010 discontinued list.

Well I just thought about it, and maybe next years AT-AT could be Midi.

Here's my theory:

The Echo Base turret from This year, isn't exactly scaled right, imo, it looks more midi'ish to me.

So if Lego is releaseing alot of Hoth related sets, why would they plonk a Huge in between UCS and fig scaled AT-AT?

Why not just make a Midi sized one, so then it would look about right, in scale to the rest of the sets, EG: Echo Base from this year, the BPs and the wampa cave, you could even include the Hoth Rebel Base from 2007!

They all aren't really the right scale, so why, would someone want a Huge AT-AT in there, totally out of scale people! :wink:

Just my theory though.

I really wish it would turn out to be the Aqua Terrain Armoured Transport.

Isn't it The All Terrain Armoured transport? :sweet:

CommanderFox

Hmmf. I release a very plausible and exiting theory and everyone's hung up on the possibility of an AT-AT

Get used to it! :grin:

I'm with you on this - your theory is the same as mine, only mine referred to the Wampa attack and this year's Echo Base. No-one commented on that either. :hmpf:

There is probably going to be an AT-AT if two reliable sources have told us this. Also, since it is not an 10000 number and it is a 4-digit number, then it will most likely be midi-scale. Which is really disappointing. :hmpf:

I don't get this Midi-scaled rumor. TLG always has a big (around 100 USD) set come out. There haven't been any rumors for one next year. Also just because it has a 4 digit set # doesn't make it a Midi-Scale set.

I don't get this Midi-scaled rumor. TLG always has a big (around 100 USD) set come out. There haven't been any rumors for one next year. Also just because it has a 4 digit set # doesn't make it a Midi-Scale set.

Yea I have to agree. Just because we have had a set number released for it and its not a USC number doesnt automatically make it a midi scale.

Yea I have to agree. Just because we have had a set number released for it and its not a USC number doesnt automatically make it a midi scale.

I could not agree more as well. This years Home one set was not in the usual summer line up and that only has a 4 digit code.

Sorry if I got people angry, just a theory remember. :wink:

Im not that fussed though if its Midi or fig scaled.

CommanderFox

The new AT-AT must be a Midi or UCS-Set, because the old AT-AT 10178 will be reproduced at the 14. june 2010. Or it is an AT-AT without Power-Function.

Edited by Steff

Does anyone think that the new General Grevious will use recycled parts from they mars mission alien commander, I mean they do look awfully similar

7645b-alienfront.jpg

The new AT-AT must be a Midi or UCS-Set, because the old AT-AT 10178 will be reproduced at the 14. june 2010. Or it is an AT-AT without Power-Function.

UCS set numbers are 10000 numbers, someone here posted the number 8129, so clearly not a UCS. :wink:

What do you mean reproduced? :cry_happy:

Does anyone think that the new General Grevious will use recycled parts from they mars mission alien commander, I mean they do look awfully similar

*SNIP*

To me, that commander and the general, don't look a thing alike. :wacko::laugh:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

*SNIPPY*

Yeah I agree with CommanderFox they dont look a like at all. I bet the new grievous will have separated legs.

I do not think so the commander looks nothing like General Grevious And would not fit four arms all that well.

7645b-alienfront.jpg

Ah, no !

Grevious has as we all know four arms and the alien commanders arms are also his legs inverted.

The good (haha) general should be an entirely new creation.

Well I just thought about it, and maybe next years AT-AT could be Midi.

Here's my theory:

The Echo Base turret from This year, isn't exactly scaled right, imo, it looks more midi'ish to me.

So if Lego is releaseing alot of Hoth related sets, why would they plonk a Huge in between UCS and fig scaled AT-AT?

Why not just make a Midi sized one, so then it would look about right, in scale to the rest of the sets, EG: Echo Base from this year, the BPs and the wampa cave, you could even include the Hoth Rebel Base from 2007!

They all aren't really the right scale, so why, would someone want a Huge AT-AT in there, totally out of scale people! :wink:

Just my theory though.

Isn't it The All Terrain Armoured transport? :sweet:

CommanderFox

No there was also an AT-AT swimmer used on water planets such as Dac during the genocide of the Mon Calamari.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/AT-AT_Swimmer

Or even better, the AT-AT should be the one with starkiller from TFU Hoth mission.

The guys at Mostly Bricks found Luke's Landspeeder at a Walmart in Houston, Texas! :oh:

4209766463_323017b4fd.jpg

4210531696_d60b699de4.jpg

4210532120_19a39aae64.jpg

Luke and Obi-Wan do have new face prints with pupils, as you can see in their zoomed in pic of the box art. :wink:

Also, it looks like the sandtrooper uses the same curved pauldron design as Palpatine in the Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser set (goodbye to the old one!).

They'll be posting a review on their site on Christmas Eve - I can't wait! :sweet:

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks a lot for the pic, PI! This makes my day, no stupid smile on Luke or Ben!

And I have to say, I like this new box art on the back a lot. Started with the CW summer sets last year, if I remember, but they didn't use it too often. Way better to have an alternative angle than only the detailed little pics. Also the white background is nice, way better than red/orange. I especially liked the package of the CW Y-Wing.

A midi sized Star Destroyer! Now that would be very cool! It would probably sell better than the midi falcon!

A midi sized Star Destroyer! Now that would be very cool! It would probably sell better than the midi falcon!

I agree, especially if it has a load of details, greebles and what not and is shaped correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if Lego released a whole line of Midi vehicles now! I could just see them with all sorts of fighters designed as display models.

Well, I didn't like the Midi-Falcon so I never bought it. The Midi Star destroyer sounds great though, can't wait for pics! :classic: