KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

As for the Grievous set does anybody else think that set is based on the episode 'The Lair of General Grievous' ? where the jedi is Nahdar Vebb and the droid is that medical assistant???

Yes, I think that too.

I also found two mistakes on the boxes.

Plo Koon's starfighter has a lightsaber on the ship's wing, and the wamps seems only able to stand with his left arm up :wacko:

SOLD.

Each and every one of these sets looks absolutely amazing! :wub:

Plo Koon's JSF is beautiful, even though it's not dark blue unfortunately, but that just make it easier to mod it into the Azure Angel. :grin:

Grievous' starfighter looks decent. The cockpit looks a bit strange, but I think I'll get used to it. What really blows me away, though, are the figs in this set. An accurate Grievous, Nahdar Vebb, and The Doctor! :cry_happy: Now I wont have to get Ackbar to mod him into Nahdar! The only down-side is that Grievous doesn't have a cape, but I'll get over it, considering this set is based on an episode where he doesn't wear one. Really looking forward to this one.

Palpy's shuttle looks very cool and accurate. I hope the Pilot is the new kind. That medical droid will be useful. Burned Vader not so much, but he'll still be a neat fig to have.

As for the CTT - Could this set be any better? A cool and accurate Juggernaut and a cute, proportionally correct AT-RT, plus Aayla and Bane! :thumbup: Definite must-buy.

Wampa Attack looks like a neat affordable set, but nothing special. I'll probably pass on this one.

The Slave I looks better than I thought. A lot more accurate somehow. Han in Carbonite seems to be a new mold, and so do the mudflap-like green things on the Slave I. Boba looks good with that cape thingy, but I'm very disappointed not to see leg prints on him. If this doesn't change in the final version, I wont even consider this set. :sadnew:

Overall, it looks like a great year! :thumbup: I can't even imagine how mind-blowing 2011 must be. :wacko:

Did anyone notice the new mold for Cad Bane's Hat? :oh:

Also, did anyone notice that GG's SF is butt ugly? :sick:

Anyway, I wasn't excited at first about a lot of these set remakes, but I think you can all agree with me on this: This is the best new-minifig-year ever!!! :thumbup:

Strange how there's no AT-AT picture.

Maybe that's because we haven't had any confirmed rumors on that particular set?

I've not seen a list in which it's included.

All we've got on that is Xwingyoda's word - which usually is enough though :grin:

Wow, that Slave I is niiiice. And a new Boba head as well - I've been wanting that for a while. I'll definitely pick that up. Not quite understanding the white thing though - obviously it's Han in Carbonite, but presumably a very much unfinished prototype?

The Wampa Cave is quite nice too, finally a chance for me to get a Snowspeeder to go along with the reported AT-AT.

- Tilius

Kim-T, these new sets are FANTASTIC! But if you said 2011 is going to rock your world, then can you give us some sort of comparison between this year and next year in your opinion?

Just curious, because you were so hyped up about 2011, and now look at these! :laugh:

Kim-T, these new sets are FANTASTIC! But if you said 2011 is going to rock your world, then can you give us some sort of comparison between this year and next year in your opinion?

Just curious, because you were so hyped up about 2011, and now look at these! :laugh:

I know nothing of 2011.

I've just been told that 2011 will rock our world (meaning us fans).

Oh, uh, my bad... :blush:

Anyway, back on topic- Look at all the guns on the Clone Turbo Tank! They really showed its firepower this time around. But what happened to the turret/lookout tower that was on the last one? :sing:

Thank you very much for these pics, KimT! :classic:

Slave One :sceptic:

I must say that I'm really disappointed. Of course the Slave One itself is designed very well and so do the minifigs (esp. Bossk and Boba's helmet).

But only three minifigs in such a big set?!

And for what do we need a strange new gun for Boba?!

Wampa Attack :thumbup: :thumbup:

Is that again Zev in the Snowspeeder? I do not hope so since I want another new pilot.

Otherwise I'm really surprised that we'll get a really big cave (meant seriously).

I even like it that TLG designed the Snowspeeder very similar to the one in the Hoth Rebel Base set so they will fit together.

The Wampa looks at the moment a bit strange - but I bet that the final version will be quite ok.

The animal skeletton and the regular skelleton are a nice addition.

Btw: According to the rumoured exclusive AT-AT:

I bet that xwingyoda got a wrong hint: S@H still sells the version from 2007 and since it's at the moment not available it supposably will be deliverd in June - too near to the release of a new version.

Apart from that the new OT sets for June offer only very few (new) minifigs - so a new Cloud City with many minifigs is imo more supposably than an AT-AT with again only very few minifigs.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

OH YEAH ! (Chief Mundal - Chowder)

Slave 1 - EXCELENT and it's on the list !!!

CTT - CAD BANE !!!! top of the list for 2010 !!!

Palpatines shuttle - impressive but not on my list !

General Grievous Fighter - I'll list it hey it's a new version of him why woundn't you get it eh ?

Wampa attack - Oh yeah, that one's on the list too, who's the pilot though ? Not another Zev ?

Pol Koons starfighter - I can guess it's CW, cool if it is because it will go on the list and have they revised the starfighters design a bit or is it just me ?

Rock on 2010 first and of course second half releases - it can going get better !

OH YEAH ! (Chief Mundal - Chowder)

Pol Koons starfighter - I can guess it's CW, cool if it is because it will go on the list and have they revised the starfighters design a bit or is it just me ?

HAHA, your chowder quote had me laughing out loud. Funny show, my little brother watches it. :classic:

Ahh, sorry, on topic- Do we know if Plo Koon's Jedi SF is CW or ROTS? I'll bet it's CW, but there's a slight possibility it could be from the Ep III scene where he gets shot down.

Far out!

first off, A missive thanks to everyone providing stuff over the last few days. I was away on a Church camp so missed it all. I got back yesterday but was helping run a lego program for kids, so didn't have much time.

Anyways, WOW :oh:

Some of those sets are spectacular. Thanks Kim!

About the swamp speeder - Looks nice.... But i'm not sure if i need it. I have the original, and no space. Not too bad though. I quite like Lukes Speeder, but its a shame it's in tan :sceptic: . For a good landspeeder, I would like this model in Sand red like the last one.

Then.... the next wave.

Wampa Cave: :wub: Loving it! I'll probably get 2-3! Snowspeeders.... Wampa's.... White Lego..... *Drool* The Wampa is Obviously very Prelim, but at least we know its a new mold :sweet: The snowspeeder looks like a cross between 4500 and 7666. Nice. Very nice!

Polo Koons Fighter: It looks nice. But Im a bit skeptical to be honest. It's nothing special to me. Will probably leave it. May get one on sale if I see it cheap :tongue: But It's not top on my list, thats for sure.

GG's Fighter: Thats just sad. It honestly looks worse than the last one IMO, And the last one was :sick: Not getting it, even with a new grevious and whatever those other figs are.

Palpitines shuttle is great: I love it. I think/hope it will get some finishing touches, but its a very nice set. And nice Fig's. Will Probably get one.

Slave one: Well, I'm gutted its not a UCS. And the fact is.... The last one was great. Yes, this is also a nice set, but was it really needed? Nice figs though. New Han in Carbonite, Bossk, and a New Boba :wub: I think I'll try pick one up at some stage.

Clone Turbo tank: I love it. I have no room, But I think I'll sell my old one and use this. Yes, it is CW, and I hate CW. But the veichile itself is just so nice! I'll get one. New figs: nice. Hope Alya isn't very anime...

Nice sets all up. Thanks Kim!

Well, after having had a really good look at those new pics, I can't help but thinking one big "MEH?". I mean, the new figs look really promising (especially the new Boba Fett) but none of the models has had a major redesign...

Snowspeeder : same as the Hoth doors, which didn't vary much from the one even before that one...

Plo Koon Starfighter : they did a great job for the color scheme, but it's still the same basic design as Anakin's and Ahsoka's...

Slave 1 : they just replaced the rubber missile with a smaller one while still keeping the big doors from the previous design :wacko: and the just added those weird big round pieces on the side...

CTT : That one really needed a complete overall but it seems to me they only changed the wheels... It still got those huge holes on the bottom part... the top turrets do look better, although we lost the observation tower in the process (but that might be because it's the CW version, same way the bubble turrets disappeared in the last Gunship). And the AT RT looks intersting, too...

Grievous Starfighter : That one is really ugly. It's lost all the sleekness from the previous one. the cockpit looks really bad and the tail thingy still doe'sn't move the right way...

So in the end, the only really good parts of any of these sets are kind of the little crumbs on the side of each... The figs, the wampa cave, Han's carbonite container (that one looks reaaaally promising :wub: ) etc... But that'll definitely not be enough for me to buy any of those, unfortunately...

So in a way, I'm really hoping that as some have said, they're just early preliminary pics. But somehow I doubt they'll change much untill the definitive models.

hopefully, Palpatine's Theta class shuttle does look great. It's even got an interior, unlike the Lambda class from earlier...

Great pictures, great find, love the new sets :wub:

8089 Hoth Wampa Cave: Luke in Hoth gear! Wampa! Need I say more?

8093 Plo Koon's starfighter: too bad they used the same design again as Anakin's and Ahsoka's Starfighters. I likeDutchRebel's design more.

8095 Grievous Starfighter: The cockpit looks really bad, but the minifigures make up for that.

8096 Palpatine's Shuttle: It looks a bit too bricky as of yet, but still great design.

8097 Slave 1: Looks a lot like the last Slave I, but I think it's still improved and not copied, Boba Fett's helmet does look new and I guess it's not attached to the backpack, cant wait for a closeup of Bossk!

8098 Turbo Tank: Nice wheels! Very interested in the inside, small AT-RT, minifigures Aayla & Cad Bane, very cool. Anakin and Ahsoka again? Too few clones.

It looks like we already know everything about 2010... hope TLC will still have some suprises left :cry_happy:

"I felt a disturbance in the force, as if hundreds of my not-yet-earned dollars screamed out in terror... and then, suddenly, silence."

This made me fell off my chair from laughing :laugh:

and I know what you mean... :grin:

Remember that the pics are prelims, so we might see some change in design before the actual set is released.

I just fell off my chair...........wow.......those sets look amazing!!!!!!

Grievous Starfighter: Looks nice. New Grevious looks promising. Nadar Vebb......I think he will be making an apearence, and Grevious' Droid looks good aswell. I think it is this guy :

A-4D_TCW.jpg

Plo Koon Starfighter: Hm......maybe.....nothing special though.

Wampa attack: Great set. I have to get it, but.......It horrors me to say, I think that is Zev again.......

Palpy's Shuttle: Must get must get must get must get...........

CTT: Cad Bane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aayla Secura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Slave 1: Best set here. New Boba Fett!!!!! And we will see Bossk....Hurray!!

Edited by The crazy one

WOW! :cry_happy:

This, is AMAZING! Hopefully I'll have enough money for them!

The new Grievous looks awesome, I can spot Nahdar Vebb, and that droid from CW Ep "Lair of Grievous" (can't remember his name, though)

Hopefully Aayla won't be too anime-styled, and I am looking forward to better pics soon!

The new Wampa mold looks good, and a new snowspeeder? Awesome! Boba Fett and Bossk are very nice too, don't know about Han Solo... I think the white box in the Slave I pic will be the Han-in-carbonite. Boba Fett has a small cape on his shoulder. The Wampa appears to possibly have Tauntaun horns. I think Palpatine is from the 10188 Death Star. New Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker minifig, clone pilot and a med droid. Do I see a new AT-RT in the CTT? It's kinda stupid that Bane has two BLASTERS instead of two smaller, grey pistols. But that may change. No lookout tower this time... :sceptic:

Overall, 2010 will be a GREAT year! Can't wait! :classic:

Thanks, KimT!

~General Magma

Sort out your double post General Magma! :tongue:

Some points:

I just noticed Plo's green saber. :wacko: I also spy a seat for Grievous' operations. Maybe it fits inside the starfighter? I Palpy's Shuttle the Med. Droid from Episode 5 is included! :thumbup: Hopefully the arms are BD arms with a new torso and head. The interior picture shows the table for Vader, who looks more orange to me now, and some sort of missile device just under the wings. The CTT has some nifty turrets on the top of it, but what the heck is Anakin standing on?! Looking at the wheels, it has a better suspension than the last and maybe another couple of inches in height for the whole model. Cad Bane has a new hat, but IMO the breathing apparatus is too bulky. :sceptic:

8089 Hoth Wampa Cave: I love everything about it except the Wampa. I don't like that it looks like the throwing rock monsters. :sceptic: I hope the pilot isn't Zev either. Otherwise it's my top priority of Summer 2010.

8093 Plo Koon's starfighter: If I could fit it into my budget I'd get it.

8095 Grievous Starfighter: The design is much improved and I missed out on the other one. It's up in the air. The figs are really nice. A better Grievous and a Vebb! :cry_happy:

8096 Palpatine's Shuttle: As long as the red and white parts are changed It's a must buy! I'm not sure why Vader has a helmet.

8097 Slave 1: It doesn't have as many figs as I thought it would. I like the design but the colors aren't as good as the last one. I don't like the trams-windscreen much either.

8098 Turbo Tank: I'll pass on this one. I don't need the figs.

8091 Republic Swamp Speeder: Must buy too! :wub:

Thanks KimT! :wub:

Edited by JCC1004

Very obviously preliminary, there's a few bits in most of them that are clearly unfinished (Aayla Secura inparticular!)

But wow, these are amazing. I think this is the first wave where I've wanted to buy every single set.

Wampa Attack: Another nice addition to the Hoth set, I've been wanting a Hoth Luke to go on my second Taun Taun, and another snowspeeder is very welcome.

Plo Koon: I can see a lot of people not being too fussed about this one, but I love my little collection of Starfighers and I've always liked Plo Koon's design. I'm guessing that astromech design isn't finished, but I like that it simply comes with the Starfighter and Plo Koon, no annoying extras like those vulture droids nobody likes just to boost the price.

Grievous: I skipped the 2007 version and have said here a couple of times that I think the Grievous minifig is one of the worst things Lego has ever produced. This one definitely seems to be a huge improvement and I love the inclusion of Nahdar Vebb. (and it's a good use of the Ackbar mold)

Shuttle: This is the one I care about the least.. Getting the Emperor is fantastic, and I love the injured Anakin/Vader. But the ship design doesn't appeal to me very much, and it's likely to cost £50. I'm so tempted for the minifigs alone, but considering how much I love all the others, I may skip this one.

Slave 1: I'm not a huge Boba Fett fanboy, but this set is very well done. The new Fett looks great, Bossk is cool and the carbonated Han should be good too. I see this one selling very well.

CTT: Easily my favourite set of the bunch. The tank itself looks like a great design, huge improvement over the last. Cad Bane and Aayla Secura are just awesome. :wub:

Honestly cannot believe 2011 could be any better than this wave.

Wampa Cave. I love it. That Wampa looks pretty good.

Plo's Fighter. Also good, don't plan on getting it though.

Grievous's Fighter. Ship looks too similar to the not-so-old one, but I'll buy it for those figs. :wub:

Palpatine's Shuttle. Meh, could be better, like if it was entirely tiled. Need that skin-showing Vader though.

Slave I Boba Fett, Han, Bossk, and a white box representing solo. Nice. Looks like I no longer need my custom Fett shoulder pad. I also see Fett is looking to his right with the helmet, which means it is seperate from the pack, and that's a bley antennae (spelling?) on his helmet, plus new blaster rifles.

Clone Turbo Tank. Wasting enough money as it is, might as well get this one too. Mainly for Aayla and Cad Bane though, especially his new (?) hat.

EDIT: Slave I link didn't work. Fixed it.

Edited by The Who

looks like a new General Grievous figure. Wow the Wampa is very cool and the new Turbo tank is nice look like it comes with some great figs as well. The Shuttle is also very nice.

WOW! :wub::oh3: Thanks for the pics KimT!

Hoth Wampa Cave - I looks awesome! The snowspeeder looks like the same from the hoth rebel base set which is good because I don't think lego could have improved on that design. Wampa looks good I like how it uses the taun taun horns and is holding a piece of chicken. I just hope the final design has movable arms. The cave looks good I like the inclusion of a human skeleton and animal bones. I will be getting this set.

Plo Koon's Starfighter - Looks pretty good. I have Ahsoka's and Anakin's starfighters so it will go nicely with them. It doesn't really look like there is any new features to the set. Im guessing that his green lightsabre is just a place holder and his blue one will take its place it the final design. I can't wait to see what the droid looks like. I will get this set.

General Grievous' Starfighter - The ship looks alright, it does look like an improvement from the last one though. The cockpit looks kinda weird. I hope they change that in the final design but if they don't it doesn't worry me that much. The minifigs are the main attraction to the set for me though. Nahdar Vebb looks cool and will be an inexpensive way to get a Mon Calamarian head for you guys that missed out on them in the Mon Calamari playset. New Grievous looks pretty cool definitely a big improvement from the last one. I would have liked him to have a cape but he didn't wear one in the episode, "Lair of Grievous" so it doesn't bother me. The droid looks alright but I think I need a better picture of him to see whether he looks good or not. I might get this set.

Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle - This set looks so good! The ship is pretty basic at the moment and needs a bit more greebling but I'm sure that will happen in the final design. It cool that it actually has an interior unlike the Republic Attack Shuttle or the Imperial Landing Craft. Minifigs look really good. The droid looks really cool and he will be useable in a lot of things. The pilot was pretty expected to be in the set and is his helmet on of the new ones or is it different? Vader looks really good and his skin is a really good colour for burns. I don't know why he's wearing his breathing mask though... The Emperor looks awesome as usual and its cool that he has his lightsabre as well. I can't wait to get this set.

Slave 1 - This set looks like the cream of the crop in this wave in my opinion. The ship looks like its had a bit of a colour swap in some places and I feel it has been improved a fair bit from the last one. Which I am glad I didn't buy now. The minifigs are a really big attraction to this set for me though. The new Boba looks amazing and even has his cape thing which could only be one with a new helmet and jet pack pieces. It seems weird that they included Han in there and him in carbonite but I'm guessing the two have something to do with each other. Bossk looks good from this picture but I need a better picture to see that new head mould of his. Han in carbonite looks quite large and I can't wait to see it in the final design. I will get this set.

Clone Turbo Tank - This looks alright to me. The tank look pretty impressive and the new wheels look cool. The AT RT is a nice addition to the set. The new minifigs are awesome, but the whole selection as a whole doesn't appeal to me that much. Cad bane looks really cool and I like how he has two guns. I can't wait to see what Aayla Secura looks like. I already have Anakin and Ahsoka so they aren't that special. It has to be cheapish or it has to have a really good ship to make me buy this set.

I can't wait for this next wave and it is a lot better than January's wave.

Thanks for the pictures again KimT! :thumbup: