KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

A midi sized Star Destroyer! Now that would be very cool! It would probably sell better than the midi falcon!

Haha, now you like the idea of Midi sets? :laugh:

That does sound good! :wub:

Id difinetly get it if it had lots of greebles and was the right shape. :thumbup:

I wouldn't be surprised if Lego released a whole line of Midi vehicles now! I could just see them with all sorts of fighters designed as display models.

And next years AT-AT. :wink:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Id difinetly get it if it had lots of greebles and was the right shape. :thumbup:

You're a fan of greebles, aren't ya? :laugh:

Well, I actually don't like Midi-Scale Sets. :wacko: And not because of the missing figs...

I just don't like the design. :sick:

Lion

Edited by Darth Lion

I don't get this Midi-scaled rumor. TLG always has a big (around 100 USD) set come out. There haven't been any rumors for one next year. Also just because it has a 4 digit set # doesn't make it a Midi-Scale set.

Not a rumour so much as a suggestion. It's not unusual for Lego to remake vehicles of course, but I don't think they've ever produced a new version of a set, while there's an older one still on sale, and since we know it's not a UCS a midi version would make sense. I thought the Falcon was a great little model to have on display. Looked more accurate then many of the big play sets, doesn't take up a lot of room and people don't percieve it as a 'toy' quite so much. :tongue:

Even if it turns out this one isn't a midi, I'm sure we'll see more sooner or later.

I liked the midi-falcon, even if I never got it. :classic:

Thanks for the image Pi! :wub: Looks like Luke still has a smile, but not a goofy grin like he had in the previous image. I think the slight smile suits Ben though. When he found Luke in the desert, I think he had a smile, but not a large one.

Ben Kenobi :pir-vader:

Edited by Ben Kenobi

Midi is nice. Didn't get the falcon but plan to. Midi Venator would be even better than an ISD, though.

UCS set numbers are 10000 numbers, someone here posted the number 8129, so clearly not a UCS. :wink:

It would be pretty big in UCS, besides, the original had a four digit code. :wink:

A midi-scale Star-Destroyer sounds nice. But please make it below £20!

Why would a new midi-scale set be numbered 8129?

The Midi MF was numbered 7778 and thus a new midi should be close to that, say 7779 for example.

Also why the number 8129 at all?

The 2010 wave's set numbers areb't remotely close to that... :sceptic:

Unless it's their intention to produce this set as a "surprise" and therefore with a number as far away from Star Wars sets as possible.

I guess time will show, but I can't imagine us getting a midi-scale AT-AT without a new system or UCS scale first.

(though I'd love to have it in midi-scale :wub:)

Thanks a lot for the pic, PI! This makes my day, no stupid smile on Luke or Ben!

And I have to say, I like this new box art on the back a lot. Started with the CW summer sets last year, if I remember, but they didn't use it too often. Way better to have an alternative angle than only the detailed little pics. Also the white background is nice, way better than red/orange. I especially liked the package of the CW Y-Wing.

No stupid smile? They changed the face but they're still smiling. Unless the heads are double sided and you didn't look at the front of the box. :hmpf:

Odd that we're getting a Midi Star Destroyer. That should be interesing. It'll probably be ESB so there has to be something good about it...

I guess time will show, but I can't imagine us getting a midi-scale AT-AT without a new system or UCS scale first.

(though I'd love to have it in midi-scale :wub:)

The Motorized Walking AT-AT, set 10178 is USC right? And it's still available.

I'm not a fan of mini and midi scale, so I hope it will be a system scale.

Although a midi scale Star Destroyer sounds interesting tbh.

A midi scale star destroyer, if it's truly in the same scale as the midi falcon, is going to be MASSIVE! I haven't looked up the stats but I would estimate it would be about a 1.5metres in length, possibly longer!

Don't hold your breath...

Kaitan

Hi!

I found pictures from the new Star Wars Sets, including:

8098 Clone Turbo Tank (Comes with a Twi'lek :wub:)

8097 Slave 1 (With Bossk :sweet:)

8096 Palpatines Shuttle

8095 General Grievous Starfighter

8093 Plo Koon Starfighter

8089 Wampa Cave

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/172196

I really like them!

Ewok

Edited by Ewok

A midi scale star destroyer, if it's truly in the same scale as the midi falcon, is going to be MASSIVE! I haven't looked up the stats but I would estimate it would be about a 1.5metres in length, possibly longer!

Don't hold your breath...

Kaitan

I'm pretty sure midi-scale doesn't mean it'll be inscale with other midi-scaled vehicles. :wink:

Edited by Penitent Tangent

I think Midi-Scale is only scaled to sets made by LEGO, not the actual ships in the movies. For instance, the Falcon (IMO) was based on the scale between the mini version and the UCS/System version.

Atleast I think it goes like that...

I hope its a new design, instead of the Victor class, a midi super class star destroyer would be awesome.

I hope its a new design, instead of the Victor class, a midi super class star destroyer would be awesome.

Lego's never, ever made a Victory class star Destroyer. Only a Venator class and Imperial Class destroyer. This is a Victory Class:

Vsd1-eaw.jpg

Lego doesn't make that many EU sets. Maybe one a year. Super Class also doesn't exist, though a Super Star destroyer would be great! It's indeed a possibility.

The super class was a name for a class of star destroyers such as the Executor and other super star destroyers.

The super class was a name for a class of star destroyers such as the Executor and other super star destroyers.

False. The executor was an Executor-Class Dreadnought. :tongue: Super Class is an unofficial term, and I've never really heard it used before. But aside from all of that, there are no Lego Victory Class destroyers, and we only have 3 options for the midi-scale set

-Executor

-Imperial Class

-Venator Class

I highly doubt Lego would make any other Star Destroyer.

Edited by Darth Legolas

No stupid smile? They changed the face but they're still smiling. Unless the heads are double sided and you didn't look at the front of the box. :hmpf:

Odd that we're getting a Midi Star Destroyer. That should be interesing. It'll probably be ESB so there has to be something good about it...

Old ben do not have stupid smile- but new one seems to have- he looks liken Santa Claus Ho-Ho :tongue: For Luke "stupid smile" kinda suits though but he looks too much like cityfig in flesh:laugh: Midi-destroyer- sounds interesting :sceptic: although i'm not going to get it anyway i am need of mostly figs and some special parts no more gray bricks and wings :tongue:

Thanks for the link Pi! It looks like it's in Walmarts around the US. Luke's face doesn't look as bad. I can't believe TLG gave us two lightsabers! :oh3: I can't wait for the full review. :wub:

I like the idea of a Midi-Scale ISD. If it is the Executor I'll have to get it. The other one is too expensive and I really don't want it. :tongue: A Midi-Scaled one would look nice. :wub: I might have to get a Falcon if TLG doesn't sell one soon.

Edited by JCC1004

False. The executor was an Executor-Class Dreadnought. :tongue: Super Class is an unofficial term, and I've never really heard it used before. BUt aside from all of that, there are no Lego VIctory Class destroyers, and we only have 3 options for the midi-scale set

-Executor

-Imperial Class

-Venator Class

I highly doubt Lego would make any other Star Destroyer.

Wrong, there is actually a super class Link Link 2

4210531696_d60b699de4.jpg

I feel so sorry for that Stormie... :tongue:

Anyways, this set looks good. Looks like R2 has a friend... :grin:

Super-Class Star Destroyer? Holy-Yoda that-'s huge. :oh3:

Ben Kenobi :pir-vader:

Edited by Ben Kenobi

The guys at Mostly Bricks found Luke's Landspeeder at a Walmart in Houston, Texas! :oh:

4209766463_323017b4fd.jpg

4210531696_d60b699de4.jpg

4210532120_19a39aae64.jpg

Luke and Obi-Wan do have new face prints with pupils, as you can see in their zoomed in pic of the box art. :wink:

Also, it looks like the sandtrooper uses the same curved pauldron design as Palpatine in the Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser set (goodbye to the old one!).

They'll be posting a review on their site on Christmas Eve - I can't wait! :sweet:

Well hey, I found that new fire station set at TRU sometime in November somewhere near Chicago! There were a lot in stock too!

The Landspeeder is one of the great Lego Star Wars sets of 2010. Lets see if the MostlyBricks site thinks the same :wink: .

Hi I did a search here (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25435) and did not find any mention of the midi sized star destroyer I saw in my local trade catalog. Looks like the midi MF that was released this year. Just thought to share the news.

Your link is broken. Cn you please fix it.

Lego's never, ever made a Victory class star Destroyer. Only a Venator class and Imperial Class destroyer. This is a Victory Class:

Vsd1-eaw.jpg

Lego doesn't make that many EU sets. Maybe one a year. Super Class also doesn't exist, though a Super Star destroyer would be great! It's indeed a possibility.

I might be nice but IMO there aren't much differences. It might be a good idea for Lego if they included some rare/new/hard-to-find minifigures :blush::look: .

Edited by sologuy369