KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

This looks brilliant can not wait to buy it. To good to believe that we are actually getting a new astromech droid and new clone helmets.

Is it just me or does it look like one clone face is orange and the other is normal flesh. Great that Kit Fisto is in it even though he is the same old one.The design looks better than the old one. Can't wait to buy this!!!! Hopefully it won't be overpriced like this years line of Clone Wars stuff. :thumbup:

It seems like as someone feared (can't remember who...) the visor will actually be printed on the face... and they'll probably be back printed as well, seeing as one has the visor on and the other doesn't...

It's funny that they put Kit fisto in the most useless of the three seats of the fighter, though. he's neither piloting the craft nor shooting things behind them :tongue:

But I don't think I'll be getting it. I'll just get my hands on the instructions and modify my old one accordingly. There isn't enough change to justify my buying it. (And I already have a Kit Fisto). The nose looks like it's using the same technique as the one from the X-Wing, now. But except that it's a little curvier, I can't quite decide which one looks better... Wait and see, I guess

This looks brilliant can not wait to buy it. To good to believe that we are actually getting a new astromech droid and new clone helmets.

Is it just me or does it look like one clone face is orange and the other is normal flesh. Great that Kit Fisto is in it even though he is the same old one.The design looks better than the old one. Can't wait to buy this!!!! Hopefully it won't be overpriced like this years line of Clone Wars stuff. :thumbup:

Are you sure that's a new Astromech droid?

I'm almost sure that it is R2 with a new dome...

However, it looks a little like dark-blue, or even dark-green...

I can't really tell what Astro it is, but time can! :classic:

I personally hope that it's not R2-D2, the old R2-D2 was the best of all R2-D2 versions and I already have five... by the way, didn't they do a new dome and then another new dome last few times? :sceptic:

@Burman: So that means no real visor? :cry_sad:

~General Magma

Edited by General Magma

click here if the pic doesn't show up!

I was looking at the new pictures of Flicker and this popped up. I hate to get this excited and happy but this is amazing! A new bly style clone head piece. Check it out for yourselves. It appears in a new Power Miners set!

3935551872_3808dac049.jpg

See for yoursleves!!! I think it really is a new piece. Anyway I think it is, maybe it isn't but it doesn't have the antennae of the original version of it.

I believe that is an old piece from a line many years ago. :wink: Something to do with an Ice Planet.... Anyhoo, it does work as a visor. That new P.M set looks fantastic, but this is the wrong forum so I better shut up. :tongue:

That is a new torso for the Imp officer. Look closely and you can see the same pattern as the Snowies, except in dark grey. It reminds me of how LEGO did the same thing with Dengar in the last Slave I set in 2006. :thumbup:

Oh! The new ARC-170! :wub: Those helmets look great! I'll sure as hell be getting that! :grin:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

How the heck is that PM set in stores already? Whatever, I'm loving those new pilot helmets! But, I hate the new ARC. It should be longer and more slope-ish in the front. I wasn't going to buy it anyway. :sceptic: At least the rest of the set is great!

How the heck is that PM set in stores already?

Who said it was? :tongue:

Whatever, I'm loving those new pilot helmets! But, I hate the new ARC. It should be longer and more slope-ish in the front. I wasn't going to buy it anyway. :sceptic: At least the rest of the set is great!

*cough* MOD *cough*

:tongue:

Hmm. That R2 unit looks green and black! :look:

Thanks for the link, paanjang!

The new ARC is probably worth getting for the new style helmets alone, although the fighter looks very similar to the old one, apart from the new nose, oh and the engines look wider at the back.

Not quite sure what I'll do with another Kit Fisto; I didn't know what to do with the last one! Looks like he might have a shiny lightsaber hilt this time though.

Thanks for the link, paanjang!

The new ARC is probably worth getting for the new style helmets alone, although the fighter looks very similar to the old one, apart from the new nose, oh and the engines look wider at the back.

Not quite sure what I'll do with another Kit Fisto; I didn't know what to do with the last one! Looks like he might have a shiny lightsaber hilt this time though.

Wait, there are new helmets? Are you sure? Have you seen a pic I haven't that clearly shows the helmets?

Wait, there are new helmets? Are you sure? Have you seen a pic I haven't that clearly shows the helmets?

I was just looking at the link from paanjang. They look new to me, tho' I could be mistaken - pretty difficult to see at that scale.

[goes back and has another long look at the pic]

Or, they could be standard pilot helmets (like the rebel ones) with some neck attachment. Sorry for jumping to conclusions :grin:

I have looked at the ARC picture, and it seems to me that there is different helmets, and if you look on the text under, you can see that the one to the left has two words in the name, maybe a Captain Jag? :cry_happy::classic:

I have looked at the ARC picture, and it seems to me that there is different helmets, and if you look on the text under, you can see that the one to the left has two words in the name, maybe a Captain Jag? :cry_happy::classic:

How about Clone Pilot? :tongue:

There's a possibility that it may be different as the helmets look slightly different...if only we could zoom in alot more...

~General Magma :classic:

Edit:I just zoomed in a bit (resulted in a very blurry picture...) and found out that the R2 unit may possibly be green,

and one of the pilots has 2 words under them, with the left pilot looking like he's named, just like filip skywalker said, Captain Jag. The first word definately looks like "captain", the second may be Jag but I am not sure as it could be "Bob" too... :grin:

By the way, is the ARC-170 actually Clone Wars? Because they have the ep3 pilots being alot different from the CW pilots...

That puts me into the doubts...

Edited by General Magma

I was just looking at the link from paanjang. They look new to me, tho' I could be mistaken - pretty difficult to see at that scale.

[goes back and has another long look at the pic]

Or, they could be standard pilot helmets (like the rebel ones) with some neck attachment. Sorry for jumping to conclusions :grin:

Ah I take it back. I opened up the websites in a new browser and they loaded. (dum chrome :hmpf:). The helmets do look new and also a new astromech head too.

A clearer photo of the upcoming ARC-170 fighter here: http://www.legoland.cz/starwars_2010.html
I have been waiting ever since RotS to get a Phase II pilot with the plastic trans-neon orange visor!

Ha Ha! I shall not cry! The visor looks plastic to me, though I am disappointed that we are only getting one...

The left clone's name looks like it only has three of four letters... possibly 'jag', although my guess is that Jag (if there is one), would be the clone to have the visor...

I agree with most of you, I am sure that the astromech is dark green.

EDIT: Now looking closer at the ARC-170, it does look like the letters spell 'Captain Jag'.

Edited by Clone Commander Assassin

Ha Ha! I shall not cry! The visor looks plastic to me, though I am disappointed that we are only getting one...

The left clone's name looks like it only has three of four letters... possibly 'jag', although my guess is that Jag (if there is one), would be the clone to have the visor...

I agree with most of you, I am sure that the astromech is dark green.

EDIT: Now looking closer at the ARC-170, it does look like the letters spell 'Captain Jag'.

Yes, it really looks like it says 'Captain Jag', who only appeared in Ep.III - that makes me think that this is ment to be an episode three set, it's also not the sort of clone pilots that appeared in the Clone Wars...

Even though the box has the Clone Wars design, the midiscale MF had that too and was 100% OT...

I hope this set will not be too overpriced at all, I may even buy two to make a small fleet then...

And the R2 unit is definately dark green! (if only it was the old R2 design...)

EDIT: And once again, I got something to say 'gain!

If you look at the planet the ARC-170 is flying above, it looks alot like CORUSCANT!!! ARC-170s appeared in the Battle of Coruscant in Ep.3 and to me that planet looks like Coruscant...

Edited by General Magma

Yes, it really looks like it says 'Captain Jag', who only appeared in Ep.III - that makes me think that this is ment to be an episode three set, it's also not the sort of clone pilots that appeared in the Clone Wars...

Even though the box has the Clone Wars design, the midiscale MF had that too and was 100% OT...

The reason that all of the sets this year (and also last year's MF) are in CW packaging is because the OT box art was only for the Lego SW 10th anniversary.

Also, we don't know if Jag will be in season II or not. I don't know how you would since the first 2 episodes air October 2.

But I do agree, unless season 2 has an episode tying into the beginning RotS (I heard someone say that season II would have episodes in different time periods), I think it is safe to say that we are witnessing the return of RotS!

EDIT: As I look at the ARC a second time, I am not sure if that is Coruscant...

Edited by Clone Commander Assassin

The reason that all of the sets this year (and also last year's MF) are in CW packaging is because the OT box art was only for the Lego SW 10th anniversary.

Also, we don't know if Jag will be in season II or not. I don't know how you would since the first 2 episodes air October 2.

But I do agree, unless season 2 has an episode tying into the beginning RotS (I heard someone say that season II would have episodes in different time periods), I think it is safe to say that we are witnessing the return of RotS!

EDIT: As I look at the ARC a second time, I am not sure if that is Coruscant...

I am not sure aswell but it does look a lot like it, and I remember seeing strange yellow/light-orange circles on the planet from above, and if you look above the R2 unit you can see a bit of that...that could be anything but it is possible that it might be Coruscant.

Edited by General Magma

I am not sure aswell but it does look a lot like it, and I remember seeing strange yellow/light-orange circles on the planet from above, and if you look above the R2 unit you can see a bit of that...that could be anything but it is possible that it might be Coruscant.

I agree. The lower part of the planet looks like Coruscant at night.

This new ARC looks good and both the pilots and the R2 unit will make me buy this set. For one time, I think I am a little bit disapointed by Kit Fisto being in this set : I have already a minifig of him and I do not want to have an army of him if I buy multiple of this set.

EDIT: And once again, I got something to say 'gain!

If you look at the planet the ARC-170 is flying above, it looks alot like CORUSCANT!!! ARC-170s appeared in the Battle of Coruscant in Ep.3 and to me that planet looks like Coruscant...

i am sorry to tell it is not an epIII set because of Kit Fisto that has never been in an ARC fighter in this episode. I thik we will see these clone pilots with the ARC in the next season. In my opinion, these clones would have been awesome if they had came with the clone wars Y-wing too.

It seems that we will get quite a lot of reeditions next year, but always coming with a few new things making fans buying, Well done LEGO :tongue:

Edit:I just zoomed in a bit (resulted in a very blurry picture...) and found out that the R2 unit may possibly be green,

It looks just like the one seen in the 'Quest for R2' video. It looks like the new R2 with the light bluish grey head, only the blue is green. I knew that I was right about the ARC-170 in the video would be a real set. Take that, non-believers! :laugh: (I sound like Darth Legolas :tongue: ) Plus, there are green flickies underneath as someone else and I pointed out on the video.

But Kit Fisto didn't fly and ARC-170 during the Battle of Coruscant. :grin: Although, The Clone Wars series my take a different twist on it.

This doesn't look like a bad set. I have the old one, and this looks quite similar. If it came with a new Jedi, or enough pilots to fill the ship without Kit, I would consider it. I don't think, like the Droid Tri-fighter and landspeeder, that these will be worth spending more money on. :sad:

Edited by ADHO15

-

i am sorry to tell it is not an epIII set because of Kit Fisto that has never been in an ARC fighter in this episode. I thik we will see these clone pilots with the ARC in the next season. In my opinion, these clones would have been awesome if they had came with the clone wars Y-wing too.

-

Did Kit Fisto ever fly together with Obi-Wan in a starfighter?

(pointing at the Hyperdrive Booster Ring with Jedi Starfighter set)

Kit Fisto being there means nothing, really, it is possible that it is an epIII set, the pilots are from epIII - otherwise they would have thrown in some CW pilots...

They sometimes just throw in random minifigs to get the fans excited about it or for increasing the price.

Who said it was? :tongue:

Target. :tongue: But it says "out of stock" when you double check.

Ah I take it back. I opened up the websites in a new browser and they loaded. (dum chrome :hmpf:). The helmets do look new and also a new astromech head too.

Hahaha...Google chrome. :laugh: Sorry, I have used every web browser known to man...

It looks just like the one seen in the 'Quest for R2' video. It looks like the new R2 with the light bluish grey head, only the blue is green. I knew that I was right about the ARC-170 in the video would be a real set. Take that, non-believers! :laugh: (I sound like Darth Legolas :tongue: )

But Kit Fisto didn't fly and ARC-170 during the Battle of Coruscant. :grin: Although, The Clone Wars series my take a different twist on it.

This doesn't look like a bad set. I have the old one, and this looks quite similar. If it came with a new Jedi, or enough pilots to fill the ship without Kit, I would consider it. I don't think, like the Droid Tri-fighter and landspeeder, that these will be worth spending more money on. :sad:

Of course you sound like me! You know why? I agreed with you! We were right! Silence those non-believers! We were even right about the Green astromech! We were even right about there being a some sort of 2X2 stud shape in front of the first cockpit, and what do you know, a 2X2 printed tile!

Silence nonbelievers! :vader:

Though I was wrong about the orange visor... but oh well. I have no idea what that is. It almost looks like the new Hoth reb goggles with an orange insert.

One of them's got to be Captain Jag though.

Thanks a lot for the pics :thumbup: . Wow, the minifigs in the ARC-170 are looking really, really good. I always wanted that kind of pilots but when Episode III came out I discovered the altered TLC version :thumbdown: . The astromech looks definitely dark green which is great in my opinion. The ship itself looks better now becuase the TLC seemed to get the proportions somewhat right this time :tongue: .

Okay so I enhanced part of the speeder set where the supposed Garindan A.K.A imperial spy, and I have to say it deffinantly looks like the minfigure is actually ther or it's a bunch of junk that happens to be in the shape of the spy. i personally would love the spy :cry_happy: .

post-6841-1253578720.jpg

I deffinently think there's somthing there so what do you think?