Sisco

2010 FIFA World Cup

That's what they said... pun-intended, I personaly was rooting for the Netherlands even though many other people from my country were rooting for Brazil(Portugal, duh), mainly because they're nice people(yes, that's how much I know about football... teehee).

Cheers.

By- A bananular phone.

The reason I always cheer for Sweden is because, back in 1994, they were the only team in my sticker book that were smiling in their stickers.

*huh* Okay, I admit the Brazilians play was extremely sloppy, but the Dutch squad's play was so un-sportsmanlike. Van Bommel was responsible for a ton of fouls, but never once got a card. The 'foul' that led to the game-tying goal was Robben touching the defender with his toe and leaping into the air clutching his knee in mock pain. :angry: Is it just that team think this is the only way to have a chance of beating Brazil?

On the upside, the Uruguay-Ghana game had the most exciting finish I have ever seen. :sweet: Ghana takes the lead. Uruguay ties with a spectacular free kick. Uruguay concedes a penalty kick in the last seconds of extra time. The Ghanian misses the wide-open goal. The Uruguayan 'keeper blocks the Ghanian shot. The Uruguayan shooter misses the kick. The Uruguayan keeper blocks another shot. Then the Uruguayan shooter chips a well-thought out shot straight into the middle of the net to win it. *oh2*

Netherlands beat Brazil! I had a feeling they would, Netherlands are probably the best team in Europe right now.

Somebody's forgetting the Germans, although I think Argentina will beat Germany. Argentina-Germany is worthy of being a championship match in itself.

Somebody's forgetting the Germans, although I think Argentina will beat Germany. Argentina-Germany is worthy of being a championship match in itself.

No, I really think the Dutch are better than Germany right now, but it's close. Heck we could even find out for sure in a few days time, if they meet.

Disappointed that Ghana didn't keep the lead, though the equaliser was beautiful. It'd be nice if an African side had gotten to the final four. Collectively, they were impressive this year. It's Europe vs South America all the way now.

*huh* Okay, I admit the Brazilians play was extremely sloppy, but the Dutch squad's play was so un-sportsmanlike. Van Bommel was responsible for a ton of fouls, but never once got a card. The 'foul' that led to the game-tying goal was Robben touching the defender with his toe and leaping into the air clutching his knee in mock pain. :angry: Is it just that team think this is the only way to have a chance of beating Brazil?

No. Arjen Robben was being smart in getting fouled a lot to get tehm frustrated. That's what he did in the UEFA Champions League Final against Inter. The only difference is that Jose Mourinho was able to calm his team down, whereas Dunga had no control over his superstar team.

No. Arjen Robben was being smart in getting fouled a lot to get tehm frustrated. That's what he did in the UEFA Champions League Final against Inter. The only difference is that Jose Mourinho was able to calm his team down, whereas Dunga had no control over his superstar team.

No, he made it look like he got fouled. Either way, it's bad sportsmanship.

After all the fouls committed against Robben in the first half, the Brazilians were lucky they didn't get more yellow cards already. Making every foul look worse than it actually was, was what the Brazilians did during the entire first half. And although I don't like it either, I guess they had it coming. I'm just glad the Dutch didn't let themselves get provoked too much this time (I still remember a game against Portugal...).

Having said that, they were nowhere in the first half and the Brazilians just failed to finish the job then. After they got back in the game after 1-1, the match completely turned around. I think Van Bommel played fantastic, exactly the way a defensive mid-fielder should play. Bit lucky he didn't catch a yellow card. De Jong was lucky to not get send off for that hard tackle in the penalty area. Although he was going for the ball, it could easily have been seen differently by the referee.

It was a bit disappointing to see them miss two or three huge chances in the final minutes. Clear fatigue showing there.

Yesterday all my theories about the 2010 World Cup came down. Hard. But I guess that's the beauty of football.

I'll risk a guess, though (no more logic, only guesses from now on): Uruguay beats the Netherlands and moves ahead to the finals. Deutschland beats Argentina. Paraguay beats Spain (I ALWAYS support Paraguay!) and then beats Deutschland and wins the 2010 World Cup over Uruguay. :sweet:

I completely agree with you Prateek,the two left backs kept on fouling Robben, and they deserved more than just yellow cards. All of those were fouls correctly called, but I do think that Van Bommel should of got a yellow too. The Netherlands deserved that win, good job!

Lol, you didn't watch the game I presume? Brazil made a ton of fauls, many of them on Robben, even trying to disable him, how's that for "sportsmanlike"? Several of them deserved at least a yellow card, but didn't get one, why should van Bommel receive a card for his actions when worse actions aren't greeted with a card? (also Kaka hitting Ooijer, deserved at least yellow, and yet, Ooijer was the one receiving a card). Like it or not, the Dutch deserved to win.

Edited by Fluyt

DUCTH ALL the way, I agree with fluyt, either there are some bad ref's or....yea because of bad ref's. FIFA Cup better not have bad ref's BECAUSE MY EYE'S WILL BE GLUED TO THE TV!!!! i shall sue FIFA if they mess this up, i am dieing for Germany to win, and the game is in...4 HOURS!? :wacko: i need to put on my Germany Jersey!

Come on Deutschland!

Deutschland vs The Netherlands, Gotta be epic. It'll teach that stupid Maridona that the Hand of God can't be everyone! Hahahaha! :laugh:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :cry_happy::cry_happy::cry_happy:

Sorry. :blush: Well, I'm happy now. As long as Argentina didn't win it all, I would be OK so this is a great day. Not sure if we can win it all, but I'm going to enjoy today!

That's a TEAM. (Formed by great players of course.)

Well done Germany! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup: (Why four thumbs you ask? :devil: )

Germany was impressive. Argentina was pretty disappointing. This really is turning out to be the tournament of the great teams instead of (merely) the great players. Germany was excellently organized. Spain will get some real competition in the semi-finals.

k015.gif 4:0 k015.gif

(in words: Germany four - Argentina zero, nada, nothing, niente!)

Sorry, but this has to be:

_15a103aaf347570b56f491b8fd9ba1ad_200h.jpg(click on the pic) :devil:

What a game! The first half I was very worried about the lead, but the second half blew Argentina out of the way.

I love the german fans with the sign: "Tschüss Maradona" (good bye Maradona).

At least he may keep his arm now.:wink:

Somebody's forgetting the Germans, although I think Argentina will beat Germany.

:tongue:

No, I really think the Dutch are better than Germany right now, but it's close. Heck we could even find out for sure in a few days time, if they meet.

First sentence: Think again.

Second sentence: That certainly would be very, very cool! The border is just 10 km away - I would love to watch the match in Venlo!

Disappointed that Ghana didn't keep the lead, though the equaliser was beautiful. It'd be nice if an African side had gotten to the final four. Collectively, they were impressive this year. It's Europe vs South America all the way now.

Yes, I was sorry for the Ghanaian team. So close to the win, just 1 Uruguaian hand in the way.:hmpf_bad: That should have taken Ghana to the semi finals!

Germany was impressive. Argentina was pretty disappointing. This really is turning out to be the tournament of the great teams instead of (merely) the great players. Germany was excellently organized. Spain will get some real competition in the semi-finals.

Thanks - you're absolutely right! It's team play over one-man-shows. This is football, not tennis.

Shame on Uruguay.

Never have I seen worse sportsmanship.

That poor player from Ghana got kicked down hard while "Mr Wanker" used his arm to keep them in the game.

What a poor excuse for a football team :thumbdown:

I hope they get crushed hard - which I have no doubt will happen.

Not much fair play in them - nor any good football.

Unlike Germany :thumbup:

The new Weltmeistern! :wub:

Yeah, that game was basically stolen from Ghana. Half a minute from time, so foul all you need to keep the ball out, nice.

Spain beat Paraguay 1-0 with quite possibly the stupidest goal a World Cup has ever seen. And some pretty erratic refereeing, too, especially around the two penalties. Spanish players invade the box in droves before Paraguay even takes the shot, and nothing happens. Then, they invade the box again during Spain's kick by a few centimetres, and the kick gets restarted. Then the Paraguayan goalie commits an obvious penalty while keeping the ball out, tripping up a Spaniard with his arms, and nothing happens. The ref wasn't biased but he was all over the place. Thrilling match overall, though, and kudos to Spain for not going turtle in their own half once they'd scored, they kept attacking.

Shame on Uruguay.

Never have I seen worse sportsmanship.

That poor player from Ghana got kicked down hard while "Mr Wanker" used his arm to keep them in the game.

What a poor excuse for a football team :thumbdown:

I hope they get crushed hard - which I have no doubt will happen.

Not much fair play in them - nor any good football.

Unlike Germany :thumbup:

The new Weltmeistern! :wub:

What's the big problem? He committed a foul, got justly penalized for it with a red card and Ghana was given a chance to score a goal - but they failed to. I'm not seeing why he is being cast in such a poor light, if this happened in the 50th minute instead of when it did no one would have though anything about it; or if he had slide tackled someone in the box instead of what he did again no one would have thought twice about it.:sadnew:

I agree. I think it's terrible luck for Ghana, but it's not like Suarez got away without penalty. I'm sure a lot of other players would have done the exact same thing.

Who are your guys' picks for the semifinal? I'm pretty sure the Netherlands will win, but I'm not sure about Germany/Spain.