Klaus-Dieter

2011 themes and sets?

For the airportrange I would like to see a landingstrip like in the 6392 set. Maybe a seperate tourbus or coach would be an idea concidering the fact TLG does a lot with public transport these days. Last but not least maybe an appartmentbuilding would be an idea, maybe in the modular building style :)

I doubt it will happen, but a Zelda theme would be nice, especially considering there will be a new game out either very late this year, or early next year. Ideas may be Link taking on a large monster, or a special set where link must penetrate Ganondorf's Gerudo desert hideout. Anyways, if not, I suppose the new pieces out can take care of it :tongue:

If i can say my idea...uhmmm...if we see the Minifigures series...1 and 2...maybe we can see a Circus theme? We have a Clown, a Magician and a Muscleman, a Mime and a Lion-tamer...so why don't have a Circus in the city? :sweet:

If i can say my idea...uhmmm...if we see the Minifigures series...1 and 2...maybe we can see a Circus theme? We have a Clown, a Magician and a Muscleman, a Mime and a Lion-tamer...so why don't have a Circus in the city? :sweet:

This is a great idea, muscleman!

But I don't see it happen in 2011 because of following reason:

Clown and magician are that epic characters that have to be included in a circus theme/set itself.

If TLG didn't include a clown and a magician in a circus theme/set, for those who didn't have a chance to get a clown and a magician of the minifig series 1, two of these epic characters would miss in the circus. (And for those who had the chance to get them, they would now have two ones of each.)

If we saw a new set with new animals next year, I bet it'll be a sheep grazing land for the Farm theme. A zoo theme might be there, too, but that depends on which other sets and subthemes of City we'll get.

Klaus-Dieter

Sheep seem an obvious addition to the Farm sets. There could be a smaller set with a shearer and maybe 2 sheep, as well as a grazing set. Maybe a truck for transporting sheep/cows to....let's say another farm :sceptic:

I'm thinking sheep shears could double as clippers for your local lego hairdresser-there's a set with potential to up the female mini figure numbers!

I can't see a hospital or school theme happening next year, but an old fashioned school in the modular buildings line might do well. And I could see a surgeon as a collectible mini complete with surgical mask and new scalpal happening.

I can't see Western coming back soon, but a cattle rustlers set could get some more cows out there.

And I could see a surgeon as a collectible mini complete with surgical mask and new scalpal happening.

I was actually going to suggest that very thing! That's *exactly* one of the roles I was thinking of for a good candidate for Series 3 or later.

This is a great idea, muscleman!

But I don't see it happen in 2011 because of following reason:

Clown and magician are that epic characters that have to be included in a circus theme/set itself.

If TLG didn't include a clown and a magician in a circus theme/set, for those who didn't have a chance to get a clown and a magician of the minifig series 1, two of these epic characters would miss in the circus. (And for those who had the chance to get them, they would now have two ones of each.)

If we saw a new set with new animals next year, I bet it'll be a sheep grazing land for the Farm theme. A zoo theme might be there, too, but that depends on which other sets and subthemes of City we'll get.

Klaus-Dieter

thanks...uhmm...ops don't think about double copy of minifig lol...but maybe we can have the similar situation like the Wizard into Castle theme, we have a lot of wizards inside the castle no?....but a Zoo theme be cool too! I like the lego animals...and we have really few animals into lego world I think :wink: i really like it too

Edited by muscleman

thanks...uhmm...ops don't think about double copy of minifig lol...but maybe we can have the similar situation like the Wizard into Castle theme, we have a lot of wizards inside the castle no?....but a Zoo theme be cool too! I like the lego animals...and we have really few animals into lego world I think :wink: i really like it too

The more I think of it, I'd have to agree with Klaus (I rarely don't, I suppose). So many of those figures in these sets are geared towards a circus theme, with a few more we practically have an small set of circus folk. It would certainly rain on the parade of the Collectible line by rolling out a big ol' circus set with the same clown, ringmaster and even magician.

Now, they COULD give us something with a new clown, a lion tamer, perhaps a female gymnast or elephant rider or something... but it just feels like if that were to happen, we wouldn't have gotten any of those figs.

BTW, for those of you that are lucky enough to have gotten an extra caveman-- switch out the head with a normal one, perhaps with some dark hair, throw a few skateboard wheel axles in his hands, and BAM! You've got yourself a great little circus strongman in an animal print get-up. Looks great standing next to the clown and magician, I must say!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

I think a circus is unlikely, there just isn't enough too it. A modern circus doesn't have animals, so they're out. You've got a big top set and then that's about it, except for figs. It's probably much more MOC-able than something you could produce sets from. Which may be why several of the standalone minifigs are circus performers.

As unrealistic as this seems, I want to see a Doctor Who theme! You could have thousands of set possibilities (TARDIS interior, TARDIS exterior, Dalek saucer, Weeping angel ruins, Dalek and Cyberman battlepack, etc...)

I think it is very realistic that they will continue with PoP as I believe that they are going to be making a sequel.

I think it is very realistic that they will continue with PoP as I believe that they are going to be making a sequel.

As cool as PoP is I don't think they will be continuing the line.

unfortunately the sets don't seem to be selling well so I'd doubt their will be more :cry_sad:

There is no sequel planned at this point, and I doubt there will be one. The movie bombed in the USA. It was supposed to be a big summer time movie and it fell like nothing.

The movie costs alone was 200 million USD, it only made 88 million in the USA. It did make a world total of 320 million, but with the price of marketing and the fact that studios care more about the USA than the rest of the world a sequel isn't going to happen. The only way I can see one happening is if they cut the budget by at least 75 million and then get some international deal. However a sequel, even if it was a hit, is years and years away and LEGO wouldn't make more sets for 2011 because there would be no movie then.

On a lighter note, does anyone think it's possible to see another adventure theme will come around? Maybe a group of heroes and villains travelling all over the place, even the moon. And will World Racers introduce a new team?

Johnny Thunder 2? I would totally buy that. I really would. srsly

Edited by Raphy

I'm still crossing my fingers for a girl-oriented theme for the System-bricks. Belleville's biggest fault was that it wasn't really compatible with the other themes because of the doll-like figures and the big scale.

And TLG must realize that over 50% of world's population are female, and we like to create and build too. So why abandon us as a demographic, clinging to age-old stereotypes that girls only play with dolls?

Hooray we got another follower :grin:

Yes probably not pink think causal touristy

Also there could be harbor/marina sets :oh: And pleasure yachts and helicopter tours *oh2*

and another follower!

I used to really want the Paradisa sets but my mum wouldn't get them because the pink bricks showed they were supposed to be aimed at girls. It was so annoying as the sets could have been easily been made with different colours to replace the pink, except for the spiral staircase (I wish they had made that brick in white).

A holiday island theme would be fantastic, especially if there was a harbour/marina aspect to it as well as sets like the old pizza shop, which would fit nicely to the theme. I also wanted the new airport to be an island airport like one of the old ones with the palm tree. This would fit in very well. The more recent island/beach sets of the early-mid 2000s were horrible I think that they should try and give them a more classic Paradisa-era look like the farm sets, but using some newer colours like lime green, light blue and purple.

It would be fantastic to have sets with baseplates which could be fitted together to form the beach front, together with hotels, restaurants, fishing jetty, marina with civilian boats, lifeguard post, jet skiing, surf shack, scuba dive shop and boat, juice bar and ice cream seller and swimming pool. Of course with a new range of previously unseen summer-style minifigures (male/female, from kids to grandparents) and lots of accessories like suitcases, fishing rods, surf boards, ice creams/lollipops.

Can't wait to see what 2011 has to offer City - i just hope we don't get the same old dull emergency and construction sets - I didn't like them much as a kid and still don't!

It would be great to have a proper theme aimed at girls. The last new Belville wave was in 2008 and the occasional pink brick bucket and a fairy keychain doesn't cut it.

Even if you don't like the pink aesthetic, Belville sets (and before them Scala) were always amazing for cool minifig accessories you couldn't get anywhere else.

And I thought the topic had died.

I'm hoping for a minifig in series 3+ with a gas mask, if not made by TLC, then by brickforge maybe?

I'm still crossing my fingers for a girl-oriented theme for the System-bricks. Belleville's biggest fault was that it wasn't really compatible with the other themes because of the doll-like figures and the big scale.

And TLG must realize that over 50% of world's population are female, and we like to create and build too. So why abandon us as a demographic, clinging to age-old stereotypes that girls only play with dolls?

Paradisia sets were nice for that. In a way, Harry Potter too. The only sets that my sister got were from these two themes :D

But she also played a lot with me with my Lego, as she did not had many sets of her own.

I completely agree with you, Sandy!

Of course a Paradisa like theme with purple colors would not come back. But - like already said - this is nowadays not longer necessary. Civilian sets in general appeal to boys and (perhaps even more) to girls. So TLG does only need to release more civlian sets and so they get girls into Lego, too (that's btw what they did with the Farm theme and the Camper).

About next year's Kingdoms sets:

Since there are three civlian minifigures (prince, medieval woman and blacksmith) and a pig included in this year's Kingdoms advent calendar I had an idea: In 2008 there was one civilian minifig included in the Castle advent calendar and then in 2009 we got brilliant the 10193 MVV. So what about a medieval farm (=> medieval woman and pig in this year's advent calendar) in 2011?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I thought once more about which City sets we might get for 2011. Here the result:

January: police station, police boat, police helicopter

March: police ? (limited edition), sheep grazing land

April: zoo main set, zoo medium sized set, zoo small set, zoo mulitcar

June: zoo Impulse, yacht (limited edition)

July: city square (exclusive (102..)), supermarket (hard to find)

September: gas station, garbage truck, cargo harbor, cargo transport vehicle, City advent calendar

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

One theme that I think we might have a chance to see, late 2011 or early 2012, could be Edgar Rice Burroughs's John Carter of Mars series. Pixar is making their first live-action movie based on the first book A Princess of Mars. We know that Lego has the rights to create Disney themed sets and Pixar has yet to disappoint in the box office. It sounds like a match made in heaven. For those of you who have not read these great books they are pulp fiction from 1912 and on based on the adventures of a civil war hero who is transported to Mars. James Cameron loosely based Avatar on this series, so you know it has to be good. As for the sets, there are many great potential aliens, kingdoms, and flying battleships in the image of clipper ships and the like. It could be a great line if it happens!

I think it makes sense putting Pirates of the Carribean on the list. :wink:

I don't think Toy Story and PoP are going to be continued, no matter how awesome they are.

But I think there is a good chance we might see System Cars sets based on the sequel that's coming out in summer.

I think it's also very possible for World Racers to continue. There is still potential in that theme. For example, I'd love to see some Crimson Skies style airplanes!

And I really hope they decide to continue Harry Potter!

I think it makes sense putting Pirates of the Carribean on the list. :wink:

I don't think Toy Story and PoP are going to be continued, no matter how awesome they are.

But I think there is a good chance we might see System Cars sets based on the sequel that's coming out in summer.

I think it's also very possible for World Racers to continue. There is still potential in that theme. For example, I'd love to see some Crimson Skies style airplanes!

And I really hope they decide to continue Harry Potter!

I totally agree with you, Oky Wan Kenobi, which cocerns PoP, PotC and World Racers. There surely will be a second wave for World Racers, Pirates of the Carribean will be a new licensed theme and Prince of Persia will be discontinued.

But I think that Toy Story will get some new sets in 2011 again.

Anout Harry Potter I'm not that sure - I'd say the chance to get some more HP sets in 2011 is 50:50.

Klaus-Dieter