dieselboy m

Review: Fairy Minifig Key Chain

Wow, I hadn't heard about that one before! That's a great torso on the fairy, I hope it will be available as a regular torso too somewhere.

The torso color with that print may be unique to the fairy so far, but that exact same torso print is on the Admiral's Daughter minifig from the Brickbeard's Bounty set. Although on the fairy, it's on backward.

Awww she is beautiful! I want I want!!!!

Nice and very funny review too Mach! :laugh:

The torso color with that print may be unique to the fairy so far, but that exact same torso print is on the Admiral's Daughter minifig from the Brickbeard's Bounty set. Although on the fairy, it's on backward.

No, not exactly the same. The back of the fairy torso is indeed the front of the Admiral's Daughter torso but the front of the fairy is similar (but not the same) as the front of the Admiral's Daugther (and the back of the fairy).

Awww she is beautiful! I want I want!!!!

Nice and very funny review too Mach! :laugh:

She is beautiful, was quite surprised when I first saw her.

And thanks, my reviews are so dry, I have to add some humor at the end. ;)

Wow :oh3: that is one amazingly detailed minifig! Want!

Totally. And I kinda feel like with all the extras, you're getting a minifig and then some. But, I know some of the other minifig key chains have extras, but I guess it just seems different since the wings and dress are so uncommon.

No, not exactly the same. The back of the fairy torso is indeed the front of the Admiral's Daughter torso but the front of the fairy is similar (but not the same) as the front of the Admiral's Daugther (and the back of the fairy).

You're right. When I saw the rear print of the fairy I knew it was the same as the front print of the Admiral's Daughter and assumed that the front print of the fairy was the same as the rear print of the Admiral's Daughter. But, I checked it just now, and the fairy's front print is indeed unique. :)

Nicely done!

I'm not sure I understand the LEGO Classic branding on this one, it's not a minifig we've seen before is it? Perhaps Classic is just meant as 'not part of any current or past theme'... in other words 'LEGO Misc'!

I bought 2 in ebay for my daughter.

Is this the end of Belville and the beginning of a new era for girls?????????????????? :oh:

I bought 2 in ebay for my daughter.

Is this the end of Belville and the beginning of a new era for girls??????????????????

I doubt this keychain means anything, although it would be nice! A minifig-based Paradisa II would have many fans here! Girl-oriented themes always bring lots of great parts and accessories!

Is this the end of Belville and the beginning of a new era for girls?????????????????? :oh:

Sorry, I wouldn't say so. :sceptic:

Thanks for the review dieselboy!

As I said in my PM, where did you find it? :look:

It looks very cool and I would love to have one for myself. :classic:

Thanks for the review dieselboy!

As I said in my PM, where did you find it? :look:

It looks very cool and I would love to have one for myself. :classic:

It's on S@H :wink:

A very nice video review of this very lovely fairy keychain. :thumbup:

Will love to see this torso appearing somewhere along the lines, perhaps the new Castle series as the next Princess? :blush:

A very pretty minifig indeed, it's a shame they only made it a keychain. I'd love to see a fairy like that in the collectable minifigs line, for example.

Will love to see this torso appearing somewhere along the lines, perhaps the new Castle series as the next Princess? :blush:

But we've already seen the new princess, and she's wearing a white-and-red dress, which suits her faction perfectly. Pink wasn't exactly in fashion during the middle ages, anyway. :laugh:

That would be a best seller, especially with little girls and crazy young blonde women ! :grin:

It is quite cute and I wonder what's next to come out as a key ring ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

This is quite adorable, and I'm wondering how it came about? I know it won't be any new line, but I like to think about it...

Speculation: Maybe the fairies are actually 1:1 scale, instead of regular minifigs which are much smaller representations of people. And the fairies live in things like old wooden clocks and small wooden boxes, so these all get built at 1:1 scale, and there's a little motor in the clock that makes it keep actual time.

Yeah, that would be a cool line... too bad it's about as likely to happen as the other themes I completely made up, like the Jane Austen theme and the Princess Bride theme.

Cool! Can you take it fully apart or is it like the older keychains?

After removing the pin, just the head and hair piece is removable. The legs, I believe, are glued on. I didn't want to risk ruining it, so I didn't try to pry them off.

Nicely done!

I'm not sure I understand the LEGO Classic branding on this one, it's not a minifig we've seen before is it? Perhaps Classic is just meant as 'not part of any current or past theme'... in other words 'LEGO Misc'!

Yeah, I think it's TLG's miscellaneous title for the key chains. I've seen some others in the past with the Classic title that also weren't previously seen (or even later released).

I doubt this keychain means anything, although it would be nice! A minifig-based Paradisa II would have many fans here! Girl-oriented themes always bring lots of great parts and accessories!
Sorry, I wouldn't say so. :sceptic:

Yeah, I'd want a new Paradisa as much as anyone else, but I also doubt this key chain would be indicative of any forthcoming girl-oriented themes. This isn't the first of its kind, and it won't be the last. There have been other key chain minifigs that were unique and not from a previous theme (or released in a theme later on). So, take 'em for what they are, I say... And at least we've got the Collectible Minifig Collection to look forward to. :classic:

I'll definitely pick one up the next time I go to the LEGO Store. :sweet:

You definitely should. :wink:

Edited by dieselboy m

But we've already seen the new princess, and she's wearing a white-and-red dress, which suits her faction perfectly. Pink wasn't exactly in fashion during the middle ages, anyway. :laugh:

It doesn't harm anyone, by giving a little bit more variety to the Princess outfit. :wink:

Then again, that torso is so sweet. :wub:

This minifigure is beautiful I agree! I never heard of it until now and I'm surprised that it's only in key chain form. I'm definitely getting it for my niece! I guarantee it will be one of her favorite minifigs if not her most favorite. It looks like Lego is starting to listen to more requests for girl Lego. I couldn't believe they made the all girl minifigure collection set. I also noticed that more of the small box sets have at least 1 nice female minifig. My niece's birthday is coming up, I think I will get this minifigure and put it on her birthday cake! :grin:

I own one now, and the legs came right off! The torso is lovely, the plastic looks cheap though. This torso looks great combined with a white 2x2x2 slope or the brown 2x2x2 slope with the aprin printed on it.