EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

The Lorax

I had a collection of the Dr Seuss books as a child (a long time ago!) and this was one of the best stories. The film is well worth watching; it's funny and beautifully made.

Went and saw The Dark Knight Rises with a bunch of friends last night. Was able to pick up on a lot of stuff I missed the first time around.

Saw Expendables 2 last night.

Yes, still lots of action but there was somewhat of a plot this time and, as Sharpy desires, character development. I liked how they added in Billy's backstory and his want to leave the team, but eventually deciding to stick with them, and Gunnar's chemistry engineering degree! The references to all the stars' past movies, namely Stallone, Schwarzenegger, and Willis had some good laughs along with them. Definitely better than the first, though I wish Jet Li was in more than just the first 5 minutes.

X-Men First Class. Not being a big comic fan, and just an average X-Men movie fan, I thought it was the best one so far. I guess I like back-story.

I watched the new Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows yesterday. It was interesting for sure. I love the complete works of the stories in print and it was translated pretty well to the big screen. I do wonder how accurate some of the period pieces are though. I do wish TLG would incorporate more torsos/hats to go along with that time period though. Overall, a decent movie. 3.5/5 or 4/5. I doubt I would buy it to watch it again, but worth a watch at least once.

I just watched ParaNorman. I enjoyed the animation style, but I wouldn't want to see that in every movie. It gets...creepy, almost.

The story was good, albeit with a few clichés. And some of the clichés were making fun of clichés! :thumbup: I could've done without some of the jokes in there, but it was funny. I guess I can't balance drama/action/comedy the way I like it, because it's a kid's movie.

Overall pretty good. 8/10

Edited by purpleparadox

I wnet to see the Dictator at the cinema but was surprised to see this version was censured in some parts :wacko: (Last time I watched it was on the internet)

Had a movie marathon consisting of Angels & Demons, Wall Street 2, and Cinderella Man. Last was my favourite out of the 3.

Taxi Driver, really good movie. Especially the look Robert DeNiro gives the policeman at the end, kind of like Malcom McDowell in a Clockwork Orange. I love it! :sweet:

(1000th post!!!!!!)

Edited by Nightshroud99

Saw Premium Rush with my family last night. :classic:

Very fun way to end the Summer.

8.25/10

That's really all I think about it. :laugh:

Eh...Starcraft 2 has been pulling me away from EB. :sadnew: I've seen a bunch of movies lately. Expendables 2- two words:Chuck Norris :laugh:, ParaNorman- funny movie, little weird, Premium Rush- thought it was a cool movie, interesting concept/story.

Believe it or not, I saw Batman for the 3rd time with some friends last night. Might see it a 4th, depending on how long it stays out or who goes next time.

I finally was able to watch the latest Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I thought it was much better than I heard from everyone else. I thought it was a good companion movie to the series and actually better than the 3rd overall. Granted I would have liked some more sets from AWE in Lego form, but maybe in the future.

As far as the 4th installment goes, it wasn't as funny as the first movie. I liked seeing the Queen Anne's Revenge on the screen since my only image was the official Lego model. Too bad they didn't release some Spanish figures.

Also, with anyone that has seen it, did you notice King George's men wore red while on land, but they all wore blue coats while on the sea. Is that historically accurate? I know there is a huge debate about what country the official Lego figures belong to from the early 90s. I wish they would have released some blue coats along with the red coats.

Anyway, I recommend seeing the movie if you like the Pirates series. 4/5 probably.

Also, with anyone that has seen it, did you notice King George's men wore red while on land, but they all wore blue coats while on the sea. Is that historically accurate? I know there is a huge debate about what country the official Lego figures belong to from the early 90s. I wish they would have released some blue coats along with the red coats.

British Army of that era were distinct in their scarlet uniforms, whereas the Royal Navy wore a dark blue coat, the colour of which is now called 'Navy blue' after the uniform. So yeah, that would seem pretty accuarate to me. The official Imperial Guards and Soldiers represent no real nation in my view, but if you want to tie them to a Country, then you can quite easily. The Redcoat troops are very similar in uniform to British Colonial troops, however the Bluecoats uniform is far too light to represent a realistic Royal Navy. Rather it resembles more the uniform of the early US army, more than the French army as many seem to think. :classic:

Over the course of a week or two, I rewatched all three Back to The Future films with my family.

I am hoping that Cuuso project get's approved so bad. :thumbup:

Went on holiday with some friends and grabbed a handful of random DVDs to take. One night they picked out The Mist to watch, I described it as a monster movie and said it was good but not very Hollywood, then I tried to persuade them to watch something else. At the end of the film I received quite a bit of verbal abuse for 'bringing down the holiday spirit', I was told I was 'sick' for liking such a film and that the movie was 'shit'. :laugh:

If anyone doesn't know this film, The Mist is based on a novella by Stephen King and is directed by Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption). It focuses on the paranoia and breakdown of a group of people trapped in a supermarket by a strange otherworldly mist that shrouds a multitude of scary beasties. It's very atmospheric and quite harrowing in places. I'd recommend it, but don't blame me if it brings down your holiday spirit. :devil:

Edited by Praiter Yed

Batman Begins just now; revisiting the earlier movies to try and find correlation between the League of Shadows then and now.

I just saw The Avengers (since it came back into theaters) for the third time. :classic: And wow it was just as amazing as the first time! That movie is still incredible. :cry_happy: If you haven't seen it yet........what's wrong with you?!?! :wink: (For the record I'm a DC fan, not marvel) :laugh: