Sign in to follow this  
Broken Bricks

The Imperial Flagship - How long 'til it's gone?

I really wanna buy the glorious IF, but its high price tag is forcing me to save up some money first.

I'm sure I am not the only one here who is doing that, so here's my question:

How much longer before LEGO stops selling the IF?

I really should buy this thing before it gets discontinued as the price from ebay/BL/etc will surely go through the roof, even for used ones, as soon as that happens.

So, what are your estimates?

I think it's safe to say we won't be waving farewell to the Flagship anytime soon... Sometime in the beginning 2011 would be my guess as to when it's going to be cancelled, but it's always good to have information on such things in advance so that one could plan for these last-minute purchases!

I think it's safe to say we won't be waving farewell to the Flagship anytime soon... Sometime in the beginning 2011 would be my guess as to when it's going to be cancelled, but it's always good to have information on such things in advance so that one could plan for these last-minute purchases!

Good to know. I'm still not entirely sure if I want to sell my bsb though. Would it be worth it?

I noticed this week that the price in Canada went from 229$CAN to 199$CAN which is more correct compared to the 180$US in the states.... :pir-cry_happy:

I had bought it at 229$ but I called to get the 29$ reduction because it had been less than 1 week that the price had changed.

I noticed this week that the price in Canada went from 229$CAN to 199$CAN which is more correct compared to the 180$US in the states.... :pir-cry_happy:

I had bought it at 229$ but I called to get the 29$ reduction because it had been less than 1 week that the price had changed.

Did they refund your money? I hope so.

Since this is an exclusive set, and is still in production, I expect this set to be available for about two years (2010-2011), this may sound long, but it is quite usual for most Exclusives.

I count on at least a year though.

That is really good news.

I was under the impression that the IF was TLG's way of saying "goodbye" to the Pirates line (now that it's temporarily discontinued) and was only gonna last a few months.

But it seems like most of you agree on at least a year.

That will give me enough time to save up for that beauty. :pir-blush:

Yeah, I think that we will see it for at least another year. It has only been out for a month and I think that we will continue to see it in stores for a long time. Another thing to consider is that there is that this set has great army building potential which gives another reason why Lego should keep it out for a little longer. Good luck saving up for it. :pir-classic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

Good to know. I'm still not entirely sure if I want to sell my bsb though. Would it be worth it?

I'm sure that I wouldn't do that, simply because the BSB is a classic that is getting more rare.

As Zorro already said, this set is an Exclusive so it should be around for about 2 years.

As Zorro already said, this set is an Exclusive so it should be around for about 2 years.

Wasn't 10199 Winter Toy Shop an Exclusive as well? That only lasted a few months.

Wasn't 10199 Winter Toy Shop an Exclusive as well? That only lasted a few months.

According to brickset, it's still available in Europe. The difference is, that was a seasonal set, and it still exists in some places. There are levels of exclusiveness. There are retail-specific stores like "R"us exclusives, then Lego-only, then regional store only, then, select few only.There are also country exclusives, such as Dino 2010 as apposed to Dino Attack, as well as those lucky guys and gals who got their Mirror Exclusives.

The IF is a Lego store and S@H only exclusive, and those last a pretty long while as long as they are not seasonal. As far as I know, the Grand Carousel, and most modular buildings are Lego exclusives, and they have all lasted over a year, if not over 2.

According to brickset, it's still available in Europe. The difference is, that was a seasonal set, and it still exists in some places. There are levels of exclusiveness. There are retail-specific stores like "R"us exclusives, then Lego-only, then regional store only, then, select few only.There are also country exclusives, such as Dino 2010 as apposed to Dino Attack, as well as those lucky guys and gals who got their Mirror Exclusives.

The IF is a Lego store and S@H only exclusive, and those last a pretty long while as long as they are not seasonal. As far as I know, the Grand Carousel, and most modular buildings are Lego exclusives, and they have all lasted over a year, if not over 2.

Excellent, good to know. Thanks!

Café Corner has at least been for sale in Lego Stores for 2 years and Green Grocer is still available although I think that set will be gone soon with Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium as worthy replacements.

I agree with the statement this exclusive will be around for at least 2nd half of 2011. The ship is immensely popular given the fact that it is on backorder now for the 3rd time since release (at least in Holland). I think every production run of Lego was sold out within 2 weeks.

Of course the decision to stop Pirates while the selling rates weren't that bad (I think TLC even claimed it was better as expected) baffled me, but I still find it "convenient" that the cancellation of the theme was close to the announcement of the Disney Licencing. Given the fact that Disney is planning for a Pirates of the Carribean 4 movie in 2011... 1+1 is still 2 for me (at least I hope so :P)

From a Marketing point of view it makes sence to "bridge" the gap with an exclusive like the IFS...

All arguments for quite some run time of this set...

This is just my guess but being as it just barely came out, I'd say at a minimum it should be for sale until the end of 2010.

I would consider that a rare exception to the rule. The Winter Toy Shop was more of a special occasion seasonal thing, and so had a short run. It really wouldn't make sense to sell a set like that in the Summer, and you wouldn't expect to sell many, would you? :pir-wink:

On-topic, I would dearly love to have that excellent ship be a part of my collection, but I just can't justify a cost that high, both for the set and the usual extortionate shipping prices from S@H, of which this is an exclusive. :pir-angry:

I would consider that a rare exception to the rule. The Winter Toy Shop was more of a special occasion seasonal thing, and so had a short run. It really wouldn't make sense to sell a set like that in the Summer, and you wouldn't expect to sell many, would you? :pir-wink:

On-topic, I would dearly love to have that excellent ship be a part of my collection, but I just can't justify a cost that high, both for the set and the usual extortionate shipping prices from S@H, of which this is an exclusive. :pir-angry:

I'll usually agree with anyone that says that LEGO sets are overpriced these days...but in this case it might be worth it! I mean, it is THE BIGGEST ship LEGO has ever made, and will probably stay that way for a long time. Plus it is a beautiful design, with some excellent minifigs.

I think it's worth the money. I just need to save up because I recently came out of the dark ages and went on a ebay/BL rampage. Now I have 9 amazing pirate sets :pir-wub: but I really need to take a break from buying LEGO.

Well the imperial flagship (or as my friends who don't like Lego say fagship)is a goodbye gift for pirates it was suppose to be taken off shelves in spring with the rest of the pirate sets,but It sold so well it gonna be around till the next brand of pirates. Unfortunately I only have my hands on canon battle, I'm low on money, and my birthday is in April I'm probably not gonna get any 2009 sets :pir_bawling:

Edited by hawkrider

Well the imperial flagship (or as my friends who don't like Lego say fagship)is a goodbye gift for pirates it was suppose to be taken off shelves in spring with the rest of the pirate sets,but It sold so well it gonna be around till the next brand of pirates.

Don't mean to sound suspicious, but where did you get this information?

In my memory the big castle chess set was available for a few months. At least not for 2 years.

So I realy don't know how long this ship will be for sale.

Don't mean to sound suspicious, but where did you get this information?

I have a series of websites i can coun't on when i need information.So please don't ask questions like that to me your just gonna get stupid answers

And i listen on to the sales by leaks.So far the imperial flagship is selling well.

Edited by hawkrider