Sign in to follow this  
Claus von Nassau

The Phoenix

Thats the same with just about every WIP in the forum :pir-classic:

Sorry for offending you before

plokoon no offence taken, i would rather have alot of coment to a build, wich makes me more modevated to make it right.

but back to topic before we get blokked :pir_laugh2:

tomorrow i may have sometime to inprove it again

Claus

after some slow progress i've completed an other setup for the stern, and i've been working on the other side, i've tried varius technique's for the bow but still there is not one that looks good on the ship. i will try to make some pictures this evening, but i can't find my camera :pir-sceptic:

claus

i've found my camera, but unfortunatly it was already dark, so the pictures are a bit overlighted.

this is prototype 5 or 6 i've stop counting :pir-laugh:

(for plokoon the side with cannon's normal lego cannon's would be too expensive at the moment)

sdc10992.jpg

sdc10993.jpg

sdc10994.jpg

sdc10995.jpg

as always comment adivce and al other reply's are welcome

Claus

Its coming nicely together, but i still think at the stern isnt looking good :pir-sceptic: On page 2 post 28 you stern was looking much better IMO.

But otherly its a very nice looking so far :pir-classic: Yours and Joeys ships are actually pretty equal relative to each other, at i wonder wich is more powerful :pir_laugh2: Anyway, keep us updated, im lookin curiosly for more pics in the future

Captain Becker

Its coming nicely together, but i still think at the stern isnt looking good :pir-sceptic: On page 2 post 28 you stern was looking much better IMO.

But otherly its a very nice looking so far :pir-classic: Yours and Joeys ships are actually pretty equal relative to each other, at i wonder wich is more powerful :pir_laugh2: Anyway, keep us updated, im lookin curiosly for more pics in the future

Captain Becker

my opinion about that stern is that it is way to modern, i am trying to create a older type of schip, and ofcourse the decoration's are in the new stern not in place, and that stern in post 28 i did had the time to ad some decoration's.

claus

Though it is perhaps still a bit crude, I really like the way you've put together this preliminary stern!

The balcony looks great and it all flows nicely with the rest of the ship.

If I may be so free to comment on the side of the ship: I'd make the middle 3 or 4 steps straight to improve the curve.

Keep it up! :thumbup:

On the side galleries, I can still see a lot of studs. I think it will look better with tiles on it.

But perhaps you're already planning to do that.

You could also try to make more of a pattern of yellow plates on the side galleries because it looks a little bit chaotic now.

For the rest I totally agree with CGH, the shape is very good, and I like how the stern is protruding a little.

Finally, you could also try to make the balcony only on the stern (so not on the side galleries) just to see how it looks.

Good job so far, keep it up :thumbup:

@ crossiant, at first i wanted to get te shape right so all the studs will be tiled, and i really like the way the balcony looks on the sides, it give it some more perspective.

@ plokoon, it has 9 midsections, first i've tried with 13 but it was way to long, the ship was then way to small, it lookt more like a viking longboat

thanks for all your reactions,

Claus

Wow this is bright, better put my shades on lol, Its good that your experimental with colours...Well done its very good!

thanks for the compilment, the shades would bee a good idea, but next time i will make the photo's with natural light, because with fake light the colors do not come out at there best.

claus

Dood every one at sea will see you cumming and know to get the heck out of the way. I cant whate to see it when your done.

i,ve compelted the sides and now i'am sill working in the stern and the bow. i need to order some more yellow window;s cause i rab out of them, i've already took apart my caribbean clipper for some extra wondow's, an now i'am doubting to do the same to my bsb, and then i will restore them later.

claus von nassau

This sounds very promissing :thumbup: I wish to see some photos soon at the ship herself. Keep us updated.

Captain Becker

with pain in my heart, i've got me 4 extra yellow window's, now working on the second floor of the stern. i wanted to place the gun ports today, but than i ran out of yellow 2x2 flags, because i've made it tree decks in staed of the original 2 decks, so an other bl-order must be made, the ship has not changed much from the last update. i will make new picture's when the main deck is ready.

claus

its still a slow building progress but i have made some update's in the last few weeks

sdc11119.jpg

sdc11120.jpg

sdc11121.jpg

sdc11122.jpg

the fence on the balcony are still in multicolor i did not yet have the time to order it all in the same color.

ofcourse al the studs you can still see on the stern will be tiled

coment and advice are always welcome,

claus

Good work :thumbup: The balcony looks very nice.

But somehow it looks a bit chaotic. There are some yellow bricks and decorations between all the blue but they don't look very harmonious.

Decorations are very nice, but it may look better if you place them in a certain order. Perhaps something like this:

sternphoenix.png

You could compare it the unedited picture and decide what you like best. Good luck :pir-classic:

Good work :thumbup: The balcony looks very nice.

But somehow it looks a bit chaotic. There are some yellow bricks and decorations between all the blue but they don't look very harmonious.

Decorations are very nice, but it may look better if you place them in a certain order. Perhaps something like this:

sternphoenix.png

You could compare it the unedited picture and decide what you like best. Good luck :pir-classic:

Wow your good with paint :pir-tongue: that looks alot more in order, i will certainly wil take some of your idea's and try to blend it in,

thanks for your advice,

claus

Very nice looking stern youve got there! I agree whit Croissant at the detail is a bit chaotich. Anyways, i wish you best of luck fo this ship.... But dont you think at the rudder is a it small for such a ship? :pir-tongue:

Captain Becker

Very nice looking stern youve got there! I agree whit Croissant at the detail is a bit chaotich. Anyways, i wish you best of luck fo this ship.... But dont you think at the rudder is a it small for such a ship? :pir-tongue:

Captain Becker

:pir-blush: i think i have placed the wrong rudder on her, cause i've just looked to my caribbean clipper and that rudder is way to big :pir-sceptic: next update will have the right rudder on it :pir-wink:

claus

As for the rudder...

the area where the rudder is located, and those two blue flag/chasers would be underwater on your vessel. The rudder definately needs to be taller on this ship. You may need some holes a little higher up so the rudder chain (if that is what this ship would be using) can enter the chip to be attached to the steering!