You mean something like this:

tag_member_fellow_ffols.png

And what about this mix:

tag_member_fellow_ffols2.png

Just two tryouts to see how it would look like :wink:

LuxorV

What are the chances of FFOL Fellows getting a Pink Star alongside the Fellow rank? It would be cool to still be highly recognisable as a FFOL as well as being one of the Privileged few.

Once you become a Fellow it no longer matters if you are male of female, you move to a higher level of existence :tongue:

Or should I just shut up and get back in the kitchen?

What are you making?

You mean something like this:

tag_member_fellow_ffols.png

And what about this mix:

tag_member_fellow_ffols2.png

LuxorV

The first one looks great, the second is a little weird, but I see what you were doing.

Maybe just a female tag of sorts, like a really small pink star?

I love them both LuxorV, thanks for making that so quickly.

The second one is giving me gender issues though. :tongue: But I think I prefer it still.

What are you making?

Nothing right now it is nearly midnight, but I have some Mexican left from dinner if you want?

Um.... Big Cam. Why are you answering for us girls? Is there something you are not telling us all?

Um.... Big Cam. Why are you answering for us girls? Is there something you are not telling us all?

I'm not answering for anyone, I'm sharing my opinion.

If I was answering for you, I would have said. "The girls don't like it."

That is what I meant Sieggy, for the gals to retain their Pink Star when becoming fellows.

:sceptic: Seems rather unnecessary to me. To me the whole point of the Lady group was to let new joining females stand out if they choose to... but to me it no longer makes sense if someones a Fellow. It all seems like a slippery slope to Lady variants for every rank.

I think a tag would make more sense.

I'm tell'en Hinckley... :devil:

I'm tell'en Hinckley... :devil:

I kenw this would have come :cry_sad:

I learnt my lesson time ago! I just had 5 (litteraly) free minutes, Photoshop at hand, and a crazy little impulse to do some color replacements.

They don't even look good and are low quality, in the end :cry_sad:

Now I'll go to a secret desert locality untill I know I'm safe again :laugh:

LuxorV

:sceptic: You're not supposed to know that. Who told you?

Nobody told me anything :sadnew: I'm just an old pirate man :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot

I think a tag would make more sense.

I think so too. And if you make one you can give your Keeper one too, since she doesn't want to be a Lady and all....

You can set your gender in your profile. Problem with this is that it only 'shows' as either a blue or a pink icon next to your name in your posts when you're online. Couldn't you - root admin - use this variable to automatically set a tag (or something else) to indicate gender?

Not that I think it's necessary (by the time you reach knight and higher, almost everyone will know whether you're male or female, and picking an appropriate name and avatar can help as well), but there seems to be an interest for this from the lady's side.

I think so too. And if you make one you can give your Keeper one too, since she doesn't want to be a Lady and all....

:tongue: I suspect she'd not like that either.

Couldn't you - root admin - use this variable to automatically set a tag (or something else) to indicate gender?

Sure I could. It probably would involve a board mod though... but now I think about it may not. Does that mean boys should get a blue star? :grin:

I suppose you can't vary the rank pictures (knight, count, etc.) - keeping the rank groups themselves intact - based on the gender variable? I that way you could vary the color of the star slightly (or give the girls a pink edge :tongue: ).

I suppose you can't vary the rank pictures (knight, count, etc.) - keeping the rank groups themselves intact - based on the gender variable? I that way you could vary the color of the star slightly (or give the girls a pink edge :tongue: ).

No, each rank has only one picture. To achieve that we'd need to create two separate rank structures... which seems a lot of bother to me. :sceptic:

In the end, I think that with avatar, signature, profile information and direct knowledge, it is quite easy to recognise girls from boys.

Don't you agree? :wink:

LuxorV

I do...

Not that I think it's necessary (by the time you reach knight and higher, almost everyone will know whether you're male or female, and picking an appropriate name and avatar can help as well), but there seems to be an interest for this from the lady's side.

... but the ladies on here seem to think differently... ;)

Question- why aren't there anymore Senior Editiors for the Shipyard? You know, the really special ones who had the red bandanna-d skull? Now I only see the blue ones, and the reds aren't even on the Ranks thread...

Question- why aren't there anymore Senior Editiors for the Shipyard? You know, the really special ones who had the red bandanna-d skull? Now I only see the blue ones, and the reds aren't even on the Ranks thread...

The pirate groups have been simplified.

The pirate groups have been simplified.

To add a little more, now all of the shipyard crew have a "Shipyard Crew" tag regardless of their job, previously used for editor. That is now the only one used, with the exception of the staff ones (Admiral, Governor, Shipyard Master, Moderators, Regulators).

That is now the only one used, with the exception of the staff ones (Admiral, Governor, Shipyard Master, Moderators, Regulators).

Staff Ranks:

Admiral

Governor

Shipyard Master

Regulator

Corrected. :hmpf:

Since this is the ranks topic, we wouldn't want anyone being confused into imagining that you're actual Eurobricks staff. We've been very clear about how that is a CP only position and not a staff one, haven't we?

Since this is the ranks topic, we wouldn't want anyone being confused into imagining that you're actual Eurobricks staff. We've been very clear about how that is a CP only position and not a staff one, haven't we?

Yeouch! Don't bite too hard. I was reffering to Classic-Pirates.com staff. Did I mean EB staff, I would have mentioned more than the pirate ranks wouldn't I?

If something of a confusing nature like this happens again, please discuss it with me via PM, not in the public forums.

Yeouch! Don't bite too hard. I was reffering to Classic-Pirates.com staff. Did I mean EB staff, I would have mentioned more than the pirate ranks wouldn't I?

If something of a confusing nature like this happens again, please discuss it with me via PM, not in the public forums.

Nothing confusing happened, and it was just a playful nip. You'll know if I ever bite. :grin: