Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

@SLBX2: This is your last warning. I appreciate greatly that you comply and typed your posts in proper sentence structure with right capitialisation. Your actions right now is annoying many users including myself. So stop it.

I DID NOT REALIZE TYPING IN ALL CAPS WOULD MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL/IMPACT ON PEOPLE. AFTER ALL IT IS JUST LETTERS RIGHT (A,B,C VS a,b,c)? LIKE I SAID I USE ALL CAPS IN EVERY ASPECT OF MY LIFE (WORK, EMAILS, ETC ETC) DO NOT MEAN ANY HARM & WAS ONLY TRYING TO BE NICE & PASS INFO TO OTHERS ABOUT THIS SERIES 1 SET, SO NO WORRIES I WILL NOT POST AGAIN. I READ THIS SITE REGULARLY WITH MY SONS FOR NEW INFO & WILL JUST GO BACK TO READING ONLY. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DELETE MY MESSAGES AS I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO.

When you write in all caps, it means you are shouting your message. This is what disturbs other people.

Bruce

My guess is that Lego probably has shipped out all of the remaining figs, but keep in mind most of the retail stores in the US (walmart, target, kmart, etc) haven't put out their stock yet, so I would say to just keep an eye out, and not buy into the hysteria just yet.

Wasn't the original release date supposed to be June 21? Could it be that some outlets have them (or are awaiting some in the distribution chain) and are waiting for the original "official" release date to put them out?

What's the deal with toy vendors outside the major retailers (Walmart, Kmart, Target, Toys 'R' Us, etc.) who've ordered these - will those orders be cancelled?

Edited by Blondie-Wan

sorry for my bad english,

but here, in switzerland, this minifigs are very easy to find everywhere, supermarket included.

It don't seem to have a rush here for this minifigs as the minifig's box are always full (week after week).

I'm sorry that it's not like here for you :sceptic:

Same as New Zealand.

The mini-figs are easy access but highly priced so I can actually afford to wait a bit until a sale which who knows how long it will be.

Not many cherry-pickers around here as well (except for the guy who robbed me of wrestlers)

I do hope that the figs are successful enough for series 2 and 3 to come into the country too.

We already don't get the magnet sets and I wouldn't want to miss out on another opportunity to get easy figs.

It's probably better to write in all lower case than in all higher case, if there's a problem. Writing in all caps is the internet equivilent of shouting and it is very difficult to read. People are naturally more used to seeing lower case; I'm using both in this post but one far outnumbers the other.

Funnily enough, I write in all capitals in real life. I write the letters that should be capitalised normally and the others slightly smaller. SO DUNJOHN'S HANDWRITING LOOKS LIKE THIS. But that's so far off topic it takes five minutes to load.

Reading this thread is threatening to damage me. Like I said earlier, the minifigs are quite easy to get here, so logically I should stock up, but I literally have no money right now. Well, okay, not literally, I did find a one-cent coin on the seat of my car yesterday, but aside from that, I'm broke. I also don't want to see Lego as an investment, I started this hobby for fun, not profit. Nnggh! If I start to speculate there's no telling where it'll end. Maybe it's good that I'm broke right when I should be amassing little yellow packets. Water, water everywhere....

I am only buying such minifigs as I want for my own collection. I dont believe in buying these things to resell and I think its the speculators (who for the most part dont seem to be genuine AFOLs) who buy whole boxes or clean out entire TRUs the moment the figs appear who are causing the shortages.

Already got all the figs I am likely to want:

Magician

Cowboy

Diver

Clown

Skater x 3

Astronaut x 2

Nurse x 2

Cheerleader x 2

Bring on series 2 (I need at least 3 of the surfer dude :)

It's probably better to write in all lower case than in all higher case, if there's a problem. Writing in all caps is the internet equivilent of shouting and it is very difficult to read. People are naturally more used to seeing lower case; I'm using both in this post but one far outnumbers the other.

Funnily enough, I write in all capitals in real life. I write the letters that should be capitalised normally and the others slightly smaller. SO DUNJOHN'S HANDWRITING LOOKS LIKE THIS. But that's so far off topic it takes five minutes to load.

Reading this thread is threatening to damage me. Like I said earlier, the minifigs are quite easy to get here, so logically I should stock up, but I literally have no money right now. Well, okay, not literally, I did find a one-cent coin on the seat of my car yesterday, but aside from that, I'm broke. I also don't want to see Lego as an investment, I started this hobby for fun, not profit. Nnggh! If I start to speculate there's no telling where it'll end. Maybe it's good that I'm broke right when I should be amassing little yellow packets. Water, water everywhere....

I agree with you. I refuse to speculate. I'm buying myself a full set and maybe a couple of cheerleaders and zombies but that's it! I don't want to buy LEGO for profit. I'm a grown man and I believe people should buy what they like and enjoy the experience. If you want to speculate then do it at the stock market. Stop ruining LEGO by inflating the prices - remember this is originally a childrens toy. Yesterday I was at a supermarket checking the barcodes and this kid and his father comes around. the kid runs over to pick up a bag. I naturally departed to let them have some freedom and returned later. You should have seen the big smile on his face.

The minifigures reminds me of the Super Ninja Turtles collector cards in the late 80s - we used to trade them the ones we had duplicates of and it was so fun. So if I was a kid right now and did not get my hands on these minifigures, I would really be upset. It's fine if you want genuinely a whole box but if you are buying to resell for a higher price on BL or ebay then I am against it as your diminishing the opportunity for others especially children to get one or two

Edited by ironjaw

In Italy there are some places who sell they (like toy shops) for 2.00 € but , instead of the 60 minifigs box they have a Lava Dragon box (the lego game) with a spaceman minifig glued on the box with tape .

I have got two cavemen , one tribal hunter , one cheerleader , one crash test dummy and one skater .

When you write in all caps, it means you are shouting your message. This is what disturbs other people.

Bruce

Also makes it difficult to read :sick:

...they have a Lava Dragon box (the lego game) with a spaceman minifig glued on the box with tape .

1.What's the point of that? :wacko:

2.How can something be glued on with tape? :tongue:

WILLIAM STATED SERIES 1 IS DONE & THERE WILL BE NO OTHER'S MADE, THAT'S IT!! NO MORE SHIPMENTS GOING OUT TO TOYS-R-US, OR YOUR LOCAL LEGO STORES, NO WHERE AS THEY ARE SOLD OUT & WILL NOT BE MADE AGAIN. HE SAID THESE SERIES 1 WERE A LIMITED RUN AS WILL BE FUTURE SERIES. THEY ARE DONE & OVER. THEY ARE PREPARING TO GET SERIES 2 OUT, BUT WOULD NOT GIVE ME EXACT DATE.

SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS, THAT'S JUST HOW I TYPE......TAKES ME FOREVER AS NEVER TOOK TYPING CLASS, SO ALWAYS LEAVE THE CAPS LOCK ON.....HOPE I GAVE SOME NEW/GOOD INFO....I DID ASK HIM ABOUT THE WHITE BOBA FETT TOO, BUT WILL POST THAT IN RIGHT ARE WHEN I FIND IT.

Seems like wrong info since my local TRU just got a new shipment on Thursday.

Seems like wrong info since my local TRU just got a new shipment on Thursday.

Honestly, there's nothing to indicate when series 1 will be gone for good. It's possible that series 1 could continue into December for all we know. Conversely, it's just as possible that series 1 could already be winding down as we wait for series 2. Certainly it seems like availablity issues are exclusive to North America where distribution has been utterly atrocious. I count myself amongst the lucky North American consumers who were able to acquire series 1 without too much difficulty but as I understand things there are many regions that have never seen a single box, while other regions have only seen a few boxes; many which were immediately snatched up by collectors.

At this point though, I would suggest to anybody in North America who is still looking for these figures (I've already had my fill) to pick them up if they see them because you never know if another shipment will reach your region.

OK, Have some information on series 1 (8683)

All production of series one was finished at the end of March, and there will not be another production run!

All european Lego brand stores as well as S@H have sold out and will not be restocked!

Some distributers might have some stock left but it's very little.

All American stock has been delivered to its distributers and will not get resupplied!

Some stores may get stock from there distributer, so check your stores.

All production of series 2 (8684) was finish end of May.

Distribution of series two will begin in the 29th calendar week and hit european stores on or about 32nd calendar week (mid August)

no word when series 2 will reach the US!?

Hope this helps!

PLEASE DON'T SCHOUT! :sing:

Good to know Grogall. Thank you for sharing this information. Seems it's a good idea to plan to buy any/all that you want now, in light of this information. I'm pretty much done with my duplicates having just picked up a few more at my local TRU yesterday afternoon. Good luck to all in search of your favorite figs.

grogall, would it be weird to say I love you? No, seriously, thanks a ton for this information. If the production run for Series II was completed in late May, that means (more than likely) availability of Series II (in the US anyway) will also be extremely limited (since no one had any idea supplies of Series I would be depleted in two weeks). The only places I ever saw these for retail price was in Lego stores and at S@H - even ToysrUs jacked up the price 25% ($1.99 to $2.49). And I never saw them in stock at TrU (online or in a store).

In any case, this should lay to rest the nonsense about the resupplies and big box stores receiving late inventory from Lego. Some people might get lucky Monday if indeed Walmart and Target, etc, are waiting until June 21rst to release their inventory, but I would hardly bet on it.

Edited by Edmond Dantes

i just picked up another 9 cheerleaders, 6 zombies, 2 wrestlers, 3 clowns. seriously, those who said they can't find them in any toystores, were you even looking? :D

the toy store i was just in had like 4 full boxes. no one besides myself was going through the boxes. i wanted to just buy like 2 or 3 boxes initially but then thought...nah... the kids might want them, so i just got myself 20. :D going to stop by this afternoon to pick up more. if they aren't gone by then, i might just buy 2-3 boxes and leave one there. i'm going to buy more clowns next since they seem to be going for as high as cheerleaders.

i just picked up another 9 cheerleaders, 6 zombies, 2 wrestlers, 3 clowns. seriously, those who said they can't find them in any toystores, were you even looking? :D

the toy store i was just in had like 4 full boxes. no one besides myself was going through the boxes. i wanted to just buy like 2 or 3 boxes initially but then thought...nah... the kids might want them, so i just got myself 20. :D going to stop by this afternoon to pick up more. if they aren't gone by then, i might just buy 2-3 boxes and leave one there. i'm going to buy more clowns next since they seem to be going for as high as cheerleaders.

Which toystores? We have no dedicated toystores in the town I live in. Only Target, Walmart, Kmart, Shopko, etc. Not even a TrU.

Thanks for the info grogall. I'm done with series 1, managed to pick up one of each and that is enough for me. Must say that the availability seems to be alot better here in the UK. Had three shops nearby that seemed to have at least 1 box everytime i went in. Maybe there arnt many afols around here, or at least no one buying complete boxes.

And good to know a release date for series 2. I will put that in my diary so i can go and get every surfer and spartan that i can find (plus one of all the others!).

What was the name of the toy store? Was it toys r us or a different store?

This may have more to do with distribution than availability. I Haven't had any trouble finding the figures I want since they started to trickle into Canada. More recently I've seen the figures at Toys R Us, whereas initially I could only find them at Walmart. It sounds like many people simply aren't seeing any boxes in their area. Perhaps this will change in the next few weeks. It's hard to say really.

For those of us who preordered with Entertainment Earth, it would appear our orders will be going on soon, likely Monday. I'm currently in "processing".

Series 2 is bound to be better than series 1, or at least I think so, so I'll stick with the 5 I already have and save some cash for series 2. I just gotta get in stores early.