Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

What do you want to know?

You do know Actors have homes, right?

Yes. But why would one go to a award show dress like that. They would more likely dress in a suit. Also on the box he looks like he is doing karate.

LegoGalactus

Yes. But why would one go to a award show dress like that. They would more likely dress in a suit. Also on the box he looks like he is doing karate.

LegoGalactus

I meant that he actually had a home that he keeps his award in, nobody would throw away something like that. I can imagine him going into a room and attempting to get alot of attention...

You are getting really annoying now, indianajones. Nobody except you thinks he's an actor, and nobody thinks he's a ninja either. He is clearly a karate champion which TLG already has made clear in the text for the preliminary picture: LINK

It's OK for you to think of him as an actor if you want to, and I'm sure a lot of people will use the statuette as an Acadamy Award but please, don't go over and over about how it can't be a karate kid when that's what LEGO intend him to be. (if it's a joke you've driven it too far I say :wink: )

Oh, sorry. :blush:

Can anyone tell if the weights are two parts with studs attatched or two new peices?(or one new peice?) And from the wide image with the witch, she appears to be bending forward, is this just the picture or does she have printing on the tile? :oh: I wish the Vampire had a new bat, maybe with it's wings folded because we don't get any new peices.

I think the Police Officer is the S2 version of the diver, we can get alot of them in current sets but a little different. :tongue: I'm glad to see side printing is becoming alot more popular. :thumbup:

I wish these figures were available in LDD =B

I can understand why they're not, though I could understand how they should be. Especially if there's a link between LDD and LU. If LU only has options available in the LU portion of LDD, then a lot of people would complain. (I'd be one of them.) I know you beta testers can't comment, but it would be nice to know if these custom minifigs are directly or indirectly related to the massive minifig customization that would be needed to make LU successful.

(For casual browsers, LDD = Lego Digital Designer and LU = Lego Universe MMORPG)

I think the Police Officer is the S2 version of the diver

Or maybe he's just an actor. :laugh:

But really, I don't like the bland figures in these sets. The diver, ninja and dummy in Series 1 and the explorer and officer in Series 2.

Thanks for the barcodes, petero! I wasn't expecting someone to make them until June! :sweet:

That question was asked at the Bricks by the Bay LEGO convention in Norcal when Mads Nipper had a discussion about them (He actually brought a box of 60 that was supposed to destroyed because of the legs was shorter than the other).

Anyway. Mads made it clear that there would be no figure more rare than the other and the whole concept behind this is to go 'hunt' for them at stores and then randomly pick a pack. He also noted thatt there is a limited production run on each series and once they are gone, they're gone. LEGO is planning 2 series per year.

Thanks for the info! Looks like at least $64 of my annual budget is going to go to getting the minifigs. :grin:
Can anyone tell if the weights are two parts with studs attatched or two new peices?(or one new peice?) And from the wide image with the witch, she appears to be bending forward, is this just the picture or does she have printing on the tile? :oh:
The weights seem to be just one piece (and a heavy one at that; the minifig's sweating from carrying it!) and it looks like the witch is bent like that because it's a computer graphic instead of real plastic. :wink:

I'm really glad that there's tons of printing on these minifigs! I see the start of inner side leg printing on the Spartan, arm printing on the mime (hopefully it'll appear on regular minifigs someday!), and a whole bunch of printed accessories, like the sombrero, surfboard, and Hoplite helmet! :wub:

It does look like some prints need fixing, though, most notably the singer's torso. There's a whole bunch of blank space to the left and right of the printing!

I wonder how many series total there will be?

LegoGalactus

If I remember correctly, Mads mentioned they have series 3 and 4 on paper already.

If I remember correctly, Mads mentioned they have series 3 and 4 on paper already.

Well, I call that fantastic news! When we get two series a year it isn't impossible to actually collect them all as well! Joyful times!

Mads made it clear that there would be no figure more rare than the other and the whole concept behind this is to go 'hunt' for them at stores and then randomly pick a pack. He also noted thatt there is a limited production run on each series and once they are gone, they're gone. LEGO is planning 2 series per year.

Thanks for the info - interesting information.

Anyway. Mads made it clear that there would be no figure more rare than the other and the whole concept behind this is to go 'hunt' for them at stores and then randomly pick a pack.

Then Lego should have made boxes of 64 bags with 4 of each.

I got my box of 60 from Shop@Home, and I had the 3x, 4x and 5x I expected.

He also noted that there is a limited production run on each series and once they are gone, they're gone. LEGO is planning 2 series per year.

We heard that before, so now we know for sure. I already thought about grabbing some more!

I didn't see any mention of this in the thread, but the black "stands" that the figures are often shown to stand on in promotional images, are they included in the baggies?

Also, is there a bricklink part no. for that?

I didn't see any mention of this in the thread, but the black "stands" that the figures are often shown to stand on in promotional images, are they included in the baggies?

Also, is there a bricklink part no. for that?

Yes it does.

Here is the BL part: 88646 Tile, Modified 4 x 3 with 4 Studs in Center

We heard that before, so now we know for sure. I already thought about grabbing some more!

Quick question. I'm on my cell but what does Shop@Home mean? Is it a specific store or website?

Even with the help of the barcode list (Funny enough, no one even cared as I went through the box with my list), it's still pretty fun when you come across a figure you like. I do think their quality is just a tad below the ones in an official set but not by much. I did miss two minifigs that I wanted but I'll just go back another day and grab them. Since I'm not much of MOC'er, one minifig each is good enough for me!

...now let's just bring out that second set.

Quick question. I'm on my cell but what does Shop@Home mean? Is it a specific store or website?

Shop at home is the official online LEGO store. :classic:

LINK

Ahh, I was wondering if they would send me a box if I entered "60" in the quantity area (if that's possible when they are released in the states). That's what you did, right?

Yes it does.

Here is the BL part: 88646 Tile, Modified 4 x 3 with 4 Studs in Center

Thanks for the info! Now, I'm just waiting for them to show up in Canada ...

Edit: I stopped into Walmart after work and guess what? there were 3 cases there and someone must have rummaged through the cases cuz it looked like a mess! Anyways, I happened to have the cheat sheet with me and I stood there for an hour trying to find all 16 of the figures and left there with a giant smile across my face 1 hr later.

Opened up everything when I got home and was kinda disappointed that they looked ... kinda funny ... it was noticeably not very good quality; i checked the packaging and ......... made in China :(

I love the Diver, but it's too bad once you put the flippers onto the minifig, you can't stand him on the .......... stand, if that made any sense at all :P

Thanks again for all the info provided on these forums :)

Edited by j3tang

Ahh, I was wondering if they would send me a box if I entered "60" in the quantity area (if that's possible when they are released in the states). That's what you did, right?

That explains it. I was searching the LEGO website looking for them.

I'm in the states as well.

Yep. That's what I hoped for and it happened. It was a close box with a bit of sellotape on bottom sides to seal it.

And, while I keep calling it Shop@Home, it's actually LEGO shop.

dscf1554.jpg

Well, I call that fantastic news! When we get two series a year it isn't impossible to actually collect them all as well! Joyful times!

Speak for yourself! :tongue:

Unless these come out at a store other than Toyworld, of which there aren't any near my area, it will be impossible for me to get any. I wonder what the next series, if any, will contain. Of course, if I find that they won't come out near me, I probably won't have any more interest in them.

On another topic, I thought a while ago it was stated that the minifigs were good despite being made in China. However, for some reason, people increasingly say that they are in fact not as good as previously stated.

I've owned only a few Chinese minifigs (all of them Toy Story minifigs) and I have noticed looser joints (appearances aside).

Edited by Delta 38

It's definitely odd. Some people swear it's great quality, and others say it isn't. :wacko:

Managed to get another skater & another cheerleader from a toy shop in Thurso during the week! I now have 6 of each!

One row of figs had completely gone & there was only one clown, one skater & one cheerleader left!

Having split a case with a few friends, here's our assortment:

3 Hunter

3 Cheerleader

3 Clown

3 Luchador

3 Nurse

3 Zombie

3 Skater

4 Robot

4 Magician

4 Spaceman

4 Forestman