Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

W.I.P church

Im working on a church for my coastline, the idea is that i wanted a lonely church standing on a cliff top where the gravestones are falling into the sea due to the errosion of the waves on the cliff. I have not added an interior because i have put lights inside it so it can be lit up on the cliff top in the dark. I wanted to try the same 1x1 flat round technique i used on the cottage in my rum runner moc, but i wanted to see wether it would look good on a bigger model. Ive had mixed opinions so far tho. What do you think? I know it doesnt look very piratey at the moment, but i need to put it on the cliff by the sea, so the finished model will fit in with the rest of my coastline. I will post more pics of the finished scene soon :pir-classic:

1255777776m_SPLASH.jpg

12557781132_DISPLAY.jpg

12557781121_DISPLAY.jpg

Oh. My. God.

This is fantastic. The masonry technique is brilliant, as is the stained glass. This is just beautiful, As always, a great MOC.

Excellent job, 5 stars

Your clearly one of the best builders here at Classic Pirates. Com. This is also one of the best churchs Iv seen. The color scheme is great.

Edited by Ratshot

Most impressive. It gives a good impression of a medieval flint church, and I like the light-up idea. :pir-wub:

I'm not a big fan of the 1x2 grills in the walls, as they don't look much like stone to me...

Are you going to display your coastline publically anytime?

Holy **** This is amazing. The stain glassed windows, the cobble/brick like walls!! Seriously, I think this looks outstanding! A church doesn't necessarily have tp be piraty, since it's still a church. I think if you could put this up somwhere where it looks down over your already ridiculously impressive shoeline, you would have no regrets.

I can't even think where you wouls put it though.

I just can't say enough about the outer walls, it looks soo good!

Thanks for the great feedback.

Most impressive. It gives a good impression of a medieval flint church, and I like the light-up idea. :pir-wub:

I'm not a big fan of the 1x2 grills in the walls, as they don't look much like stone to me...

Are you going to display your coastline publically anytime?

Yes i agree about the 1x2 grills, i originally just just put a few in around the base of the church as air grills in the masonary, but i ended up overdoing it. I will change them over to the normal grey ones when i finish the moc. Im not sure when it will be ready to display, i'd like to take it to an event but we dont get to many of them here in england as far as i know. Im hopefully going to take a few pics of the coastline together soon, even though its far from finished.

WOW! That technique looks amazing on a larger structure. In Florida, there are a lot of very old buildings that are made of a rock called "coquina", wihch is a sort of sedimentary rock made out of seashells and pebbles. This looks exactly like a lego version of the old churches and forts that are around St. Augustine and the like. Amazing job.

That's a very creative technique: it looks really realistic. I've never seen something like this before. You must have millions of 1 x 1 round plates by now. :pir_laugh2:

Wooow, this is great work. It looks just right for a medieval church (or pirate church ;-)). I'm very impressed and can't stop watching these pictures. I'm looking very much forward to seeing the full scene you are planning to build. As I'm planning to make some coastal structures in the future your work is being a great source of inspiration.

I do agree with the remark on SlyOwl on the usage of the 1x2 grills in the walls. But that's something you can easily still fix.

Holy cow was the first thing that enterd my mind when I saw this :pir-oh: . I must say I love the whole thing and the cross that the guy in the front is holding was a great idea.

Wow, that's a church and a half! Great technique for the walls, very authentic looking!

As far as events go in England, the biggest one is at the STEAM museum on the 3rd and 4th of October, so if you were gonna display it the best place would be there probably.

This is great, it looks very accurate. The stone technique is great with all those 1x1 round plates.

I'm really looking forward to the light effect and the coastline. I'm impressed by your building speed as well. :thumbup: