xwingyoda

Airport Pic Review !!

Thanks for the help, but I was asking about the c-o-r-r-i-d-o-r.

The large, transparent light blue chunks in this image.

img_1328.jpg

-Stefan-

The New planes look alright but I will agree that the landing gear lets them down.I think the new nose pieces are great as you could use them for high speed trains.

The Airport building..not too bad but really needs a flight departure landing board.

A runway would be just common sense as the planes don't look like jump jets.

Also I don't think it would be that profitable having an airport with 2 seats.Come on be optimistic the airlines are making a comeback.

I would like this set and the larger plane ..wonder when they will be on S&H in non american countries.

(least it aint as bad as the hospital.I would hate to roll wheel chairs up that steep ramp or the stairs.)

*viki* <--cool

(least it aint as bad as the hospital.I would hate to roll wheel chairs up that steep ramp or the stairs.)

That's what the helicopter is for ;)

What are the pieces making up the windows in the corridor to the airplane?

-Stefan-

Do you need to know just what parts compose the whole corridor, or just those two blue translucid parts ?

I'll post pics tonight ;)

EDIT: I bought the Big Plane and I have to say scaling is way aout of proportion !! Those planes are great scaling but they are HUGE, really easy to use :| How long would a runway would need to be for those birds to fly I wonder !!

On the other hand, The airport is soooo small, even for a small town !!! Also I don't think a small town would need an International departure hehe !!

I wish TLC to produce some wealthy millionaire jet and Limo to go with it :oD

*yoda*

The New planes look alright but I will agree that the landing gear lets them down.I think the new nose pieces are great as you could use them for high speed trains.

Now that's a great idea :oD

KimT

Building the Passenger Plane this week-end, an idea struck me ;) (yay that happens sometimes :P !!!).

It could serve with minor mods as a new Shuttle Transport :oD Ohhhh I wish TLC is thinking of realeasing a new space shuttle city sub-theme :oD Bring it on TLC !!!!!!!!

*yoda*

post-9-1136802248.jpg

Building the Passenger Plane this week-end, an idea struck me ;) (yay that happens sometimes :P !!!).

It could serve with minor mods as a new Shuttle Transport :oD Ohhhh I wish TLC is thinking of realeasing a new space shuttle city sub-theme :oD Bring it on TLC !!!!!!!!

*yoda*

that's a great idea! in any case it would be just a little bit more realistic than the old set...

btw, yoda, i'm stll waiting for the pics of the box you promised me *sing*

:$ Ooops forgot , sorry about that !!

Pics tonight as well Sne ;)

*yoda*

Thanks for the great review, Yoda!

I guess I can understand why some people don't care for this set.... it does look a little more modern and "chilly" than classic Town stuff. But personally, I love it. It evokes many airports I've been in (I especially love the walkway to the plane).

Maybe it's just 'cause I do a lot of flying, but the Lego airports have always been among my most-loved sets. This one is no exception!

Yoda Lego did make a space shuttle not that long ago... Remember the Discorvery set? I Moc'ed it so it could have minifigs evry where inside... but it still looked the same out side...

Building the Passenger Plane this week-end, an idea struck me  ;)  (yay that happens sometimes  :P !!!).

It could serve with minor mods as a new Shuttle Transport  :oD  Ohhhh I wish TLC is thinking of realeasing a new space shuttle city sub-theme  :oD  Bring it on TLC !!!!!!!!

*yoda*

that's a great idea! in any case it would be just a little bit more realistic than the old set...

I kinda liked those old Space Shuttle sets.

Yes Yoda, I just want to know what the trans pieces are, the rest seems like basic or preexisting bricks, for the most part?

Thanks!

-Stefan-

Yes Yoda, I just want to know what the trans pieces are, the rest seems like basic or preexisting bricks, for the most part?

Thanks!

-Stefan-

Here are crappy pics (sorry for that) of the instruction showing all the trans blue parts ;)

img_1356.jpg

and here is a closer pic of the bridge part

img_1357.jpg

Hope this helped ;)

*yoda*

The buildings looks good!

But that's no runways

i feel so disappointed about it......

Yeah, you know, that's really the only big disappointment to me about this set.... the lack of runways. More minifigs would've been nice, too. But an airport without runways is just sad.

great review! the plane is awsome looking :oD

hi guys! :biggrin:

I just got the passenger plane and it is awesome!!!!I ts got alot more room than the plane that comes with the airport though. plus, its area with the bags and the sink is in the back of the plane. apart from that, it also a first class area with spinning seats!!

:ph34r: :$

Thanks for the review! I would have preferred lego to leave out the plane and sell the terminal by itself(much cheaper and with multiples could be a real building...). Personally I prefer the old lego planes, sure they were less realistic, but the same goes for the old 4 wide cars as oppossed to the new 6 wide ones. To me Lego will always be a caricature art and not a model.

God Bless,

Nathan

I know what you mean Norro ;-)

I would love several terminals to make a really nice airport and separate tower (like the old airport) !!

But that big plane makes the set way too expensive for that unfortunatly (and I certainly don't need 2 or 3 of those *wacko* ) !!

Concerning the old design I love the new promo set, the small plane is sooo cute and closer to my childhood planes !!

*yoda*

if you had all the lego too buld a hanger it wold be great you cold bye the old airport and put the ruway down

and put anoter new air port with the oter one and sell the left over planes

Tks for reviving this thread and for your insightfull comments on that matter. If I had enough bricks my apprtment would be a Legoland Miniland, d'oh *wacko*

Final Warning: do not spam anymore >:-(

*yoda*

I wasn't going to bother with this set, as I picked up the Legends Airport before Christmas. But I've changed my mind now because of your review - great stuff! I'd still have preferred it to be cheaper (it's the same price as the Legends set!), but it has enough nice features to warrant a new building on my existing airfield.

I hope you will forgive me for posting on this thread so long after it ended, but I just got the set yesterday. I figured saying something here was better than starting a whole new thread. I should note up front that, while I had airplanes when I was younger, this is my first actual airport set, so my thoughts are not based on comparisons with previous airports, but only on the contents of this particular set.

Overall, I really like this set. I think it could have been improved significantly for a small cost, but I still like what they do have. The only complaints that I have are minor ones. A larger base for the building would have been nice, as it is very cramped in certain areas (e.g., when you walk through the revolving door you almost run into the counter). I also don't like the holes around the revolving door, or the open waiting areas on top of the roof. Had they built a slightly more solidified entrance, and used the clear pieces to expand the airport width (moving the seats down to the ground floor), I think it would have been a bit better. I also found the stairs to be very unstable, and more than once the entire area collapsed on me under very minimal stress. And as a lot of others have said, a couple baseplates to land on, not to mention some extra minifigs, would have been nice.

On the other hand, there is a lot that I liked about this set. I like the overall look of the airport, and the way that they tried to incorporate a lot of stuff that you'd actually have at an airport (gate, luggage check, luggage revolving thing, vehicle for transporting items, lots of seating, etc). I also liked the plane, despite some probably justifiable critiques of it. I really don't consider the "&lt;insert that tiresome argument&gt;" pieces to be a problem here, though I can understand the want for more foundational pieces. As far as the large pieces go, though, I remember having much larger window pieces for the late 80's and early 90's space sets (like 6988 and 6953), and I didn't mind them back then. And despite my complaints above, the basic foundation that this airport provides is a really good one to build upon, so that with some minor alterations and expansion this could be a really large, nice-looking set.

As to whether it is worth $85, I don't know. My not having had an airport set might play into my thoughts, but in the end I do think it is worth the price, especially considering the potential it has for nice MOC's. Yes, it doesn't have a lot of basic bricks, but IMO many sets today have too many basic bricks (e.g., the larger Star Wars sets), so in the end I think it balances out. I'd give this set a 7.5 out of 10.