ForceMaster

Space Police 2010

I'd say the VPR is $15 and the Smash & Grab $30. $US19.99 non-licensed sets are almost always $AUD29.99

I was close enough :sceptic:

Although I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong this time. :grin:

I assume prices in Australia are high?

Yes, Although we do get the occasional bargain.

Awesome, much appreciated, those prices actually seem very reasonable to me.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Indeed

Hi all, I was looking into the new alien torso with the Blacktron II logo on it and found that it's an updated version of the original Blacktron torso with a Blacktron II logo stuck on.

I was wondering if anyone noticed this, if not I have a comparison:

New Torso

Old torso

I was thinking that this could be either a good start for a Neo-Blacktron theme or a new Blacktron line. :alien:

LegoLink

A little bit late there mate I think people noticed that when pic's first came out. :wink:

But I really love the new torso :wub: and I'd be all for a new Blacktron theme! :sweet::wub: (If done properly, For example: Less jr pieces, Keep same/similar colour scheme and Updating some older classic B-Tron ship designs just to name a few :wink: ).

Edited by Darth_Legois

I'm pretty sure that we can trust legomilk, as he has proven himself to be a reliable source...

I thought someone already said that this was fake and apologised for confusion, this is abit anoying, is it fake or not? if not I certainly am not buying it, it stinks and there are no new things, or aliens either.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Well, if you look up 5996 on brickset, it gives you this: Rascus Soldier; and Brickshelf gives you this:

5996-1.jpg

However, nothing on bricklink or peeron. :sceptic: My point: One of these must be fake.

Plus it still looks like a strange set to me.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

The minifigure in the set does not look anything like the current space policeman so either another gigantic change in their uniform, it's a fake, or a prelimanary.

It is questionable if this is fake or not !

For the fake side - no alien with it.

For the not fake side - it looks like a print from a catalogue with an exclusive star next to it.

If this is fake then the person responsible has too much time on their hands.

Personally I think it's real for second half release 2010 - remember early 2009 about a particular steam train and people said it was a fake. Well I brought my from Myers two months ago.

Another way to look at it also it was to be released but has got or is going to be canned, there was a few 2008 small city sets never released. Lego does have a habit of doing that over the last 30 years.

Well, if you look up 5996 on brickset, it gives you this: Rascus Soldier; and Brickshelf gives you this:

5996-1.jpg

However, nothing on bricklink or peeron. :sceptic: My point: One of these must be fake.

Plus it still looks like a strange set to me.

I know that the green soldier is real, I've seen the rare green helmet before, and it only comes in this set. I think the SPIII set 5996 is a big mix-up, it looks too makeshift and not up to par with the current SPIII sets. My bet that this either is a incomplete photo, very preliminary, or fake and got mixed into things that are confirmed.

Nabii, a designer for SPIII, has said it was fake. What better verdict is there than from someone on the design team of the line?

Nabii, a designer for SPIII, has said it was fake. What better verdict is there than from someone on the design team of the line?

Well that answers that question ?

Another pops up - what else has appear on this or any of the other forums here Eurobricks that could fake too ?

Because that did look like to came from a catalogue - like I said someone with too much time to spare !

So it really is fake, huh? :sceptic:

But then why would Legomilk say it's true? I'm starting to loose faith in you, legomilk. :cry_sad:

But he works for Lego, so shouldn't he KNOW better? :sceptic:

Anyway, he and AllanSmith better be right about Harry Potter returning! :classic:

Sweet! :sweet: I'm loving the base and that blackhole speeder thing! I really hope we get more blacktron related bad guys though like rench.

I know that the green soldier is real, I've seen the rare green helmet before, and it only comes in this set. I think the SPIII set 5996 is a big mix-up, it looks too makeshift and not up to par with the current SPIII sets. My bet that this either is a incomplete photo, very preliminary, or fake and got mixed into things that are confirmed.

The pieces are real, the figure is made-up. Rascus wore a full-face helmet and torso armour.

So the set is fake then? Shame. Legomilk was right about previous things. :sceptic:

Ben Kenobi :pir-vader:

The pieces are real, the figure is made-up. Rascus wore a full-face helmet and torso armour.

So the set is fake then? Shame. Legomilk was right about previous things. :sceptic:

Ben Kenobi :pir-vader:

It looked like it could have been a preliminary version of the smaller of the 2010 wave 2 sets, which Legomilk might have been thinking of.

The sets look good 'n all, I'm just disappointed that the base looks nothing like the one from the SP3 animation logs, which looked very nice.

Also about the minifigs; one of them is a purple alien, kind of cowboy-like, another is a recolored Skull Twin (I think), and I can also spot an alien with a cyan skin color and red/orange eyes, looks a bit like Squidman, although I don't know if it's a new variation of him or not.

Cyan alien is in all 3 new sets, the purple guy only in one. The orange thing in set 5985 may be the new Skull Twin, but I heard there's a fourth and unrevealed set, so he might be in that too. I doubt that orange thing is a minifig but you never know...

Maybe the Black Hole Gang is still out there, just with new members. (would've liked a new gang, though)

Set 5984 has the 4 wings on the vehicle just like ALL the other earlier Black Hole Gang vehicles. On the front it appears to have a technic cannon. 5985 has a car vehicle and a strange, white flying thing that appears to be flying out of the base.

Can't wait to read the bios for the new aliens to find out who they are, and where they came from or what their gang is. :classic:

~General Magma

Space Police Station is finally made and looks awesome. Can't make nay great details though, don't know how Magma can see anything.

Love the look of the other two sets but I'll still reserve my judgement.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

These new Space Police sets look kick-megabloxs!

I see what magma does, and the purple one is a recolor of the atlantish shark, I can't realy makeout the other 2, but I can concur on the colors.

The orange eyed one looks distinctly different from Squid man, but definately shares the color! the cyan one is a blur, possibly just a ship peice :sceptic:

These sets look fantastic, I love the SP one with the four front engines, and the gangster blackhole ship is just :oh:

I'm glad we have a SP base, but I realy can't judge it untill the better pictures emerge.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I look forward to seeing better pictures, my eyes aren't good enough to make out much, though i saw names on Brickset which havn't been mentioned here yet.

5985-1: Space Police Central

5983-1: Undercover Cruiser

5984-1: Lunar Limo

Two Limos in one year from Lego!?