Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

You're such an optimist :classic:

Well, they have ostriches and camels to ride, it's not like you had to expect a car. :grin:

I swear I replied to this. LEGO knows vehicles sell really well, it's why all the City sets need to have one. I figured there would at least be something like in the new Castle line, something with wheels. The flick missile carts don't count. :laugh:

Looks like theres lots of nice new elements in these - and so many in lovely dark tan too! However I'll probably only buy some of these for the new minifigs, animals and accessories (that new head-warp is truly awesome :wub:) , which means mainly picking up the smaller sets and saving big-set purchases for other themes.

I've gotta admit I know nothing about the Prince of Persia video game and I had zero interest in this LEGO theme, but after seeing these images I've got a hankering to pick up the largest set, and maybe the ostrich race. I'll have to check my budget and see if I can afford them.

Fantastic sets for a partsmonkey like me! I can't wait to tear those apart to integrate them into some other creation! Having seen the smallest set I'm definitely getting that one, the tan bush looks great.

The ostrich races is a must-get as well, especially since I'll get another fleshie shirtless, allowing me to do a Batman vs Ra's swordfight finally! :classic: All the figs will be useful for Ra's army as well.

The next set is also a must-get for me, four figs and a camel is very good. The girl will be very useful, as will be the camel for Ra's, and there is a good amount of tan thatm akes me very happy.

The cave set looks good, but nothing convincing me to purchase it.

The fortress also looks amazing and perfect for Ra's, but as I'd like to build my own (Ra's is a Batman villain btw) then unless it doesn't have many large pieces and is also full of really useful ones I'll most likely not shell out the dollars for this one.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I be getting 7573 for sure ! :grin:

Also I knew I was right about big brown doors on the pictures I saw a few weeks back (I wasn't seeing things). :laugh:

I'll add it to the new Kingdoms castle set up for my own war games !

But then I will need more camels and horses though ! :sweet:

Gotta say, not a fan of the packaging style. It'll look extremely out of place alongside Lego's usual bouncy, colourful style. However, that's more to do with the movie's motif and Lego seem to have done their best with it.

The lack of vehicles is a bit disappointing for me, too, since I rarely go for "scene" sets. However, again, there's probably not a lot of room for those in the licence.

Fortunately, all of that is amply mitigated by the volume of interesting pieces inside the boxes. Never played the video games, probably won't see the movie, but the Lego line looks interesting. If I have anything left over after Power Miners and Toy Story, I might funnel some funds this way.

Edited by Dunjohn

The Ostrich Races looks like it uses the same principles for a two person race as all others sine the original Castle line in the 1980's. Vehicle or animal, two minifigs, some little stands or barriers, and a weapons/armor rack.

Alamut looks fantastic! :wub: I love all of these lovely Eastern colours. I wonder how the market set will attach to this set. I was hoping it would be able to fit inside the fortress, but it seems a little too small.

Thanks for the pic! :sweet:

goes anyone know if 7573 has any features, becuase right now it doesn't look like it can really do anything, but will just have to wait for some more info.

according to amazon 7571 and 7573 combine. p.s. sok117 read the first page.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

I thought it was this, but it may be new (yay for new weapons!):

48495.jpg

My favorite is the set that is not pictured, the battle pack esqu set with the Horse. I've been waiting for a cheap way to get more horses!!!!!

Besides the brown/orange turrets in 7573, there are no bulky parts. I'm glad they don't use the castle wall pieces. Brick-built!

Edited by dragonboy79

The lack of vehicles is a bit disappointing for me, too, since I rarely go for "scene" sets. However, again, there's probably not a lot of room for those in the licence.

I have to say I am delighted by the lack of vehicles! Most themes drown under vehicle overload - heck, there's even a new 2010 theme just for World Racers - so to have a theme that doesn't have wheels, hubcap pieces, catapults and flick-fire missiles attached to everything is a dream come true! :thumbup:

Well 3 out of four ain't bad! :laugh:

EDIT - Opps there are canapults too, 50% ain't bad! :laugh:

I don't mind a few play features at all. I'm thinking of the SW craft, Agents vehicles or even Castle, where they can't help but stick 'em everywhere there's a bare stud :laugh:

7573 seems to be a definite buy for me, it's definitely the pick of the bunch. I hope it's reasonably priced.

This really great, a desert fort, something that I've been waiting for for ever. I probably get the whole line.

The lack of vehicles is pretty obvious. It is Prince of Persia. The time period is the 6th century. Vehicles don't exist. Only thing that can consider to be a vehicle is a cart.

-Omi

I don't know if this has been posted already, but I found a pic of the box of the Hassasins Hide Out set, or better, I think I have found it. The Dutch name for it is "Woestijnaanval", which would translate into "Desert Attack"

If this is the Hide Out set, then it seems the first post needs an update. This set only contains two Hassansins, Dastan and a skeleton.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that prelim thingy at first. I have deleted the link to the image.

Edited by Eterneo

If this is the Hide Out set, then it seems the first post needs an update. This set only contains two Hassansins, Dastan and a skeleton.

As stated many, many times before, we don't post deeplinks of images marked prelim/ confidential.

:wink:

This will be a great line and I hope to get all of these cool sets, due to their egypt like sets.

p.s: Am I the only one getting race against time? I really want that one!

Love the new sets, though I'll probably only be able to afford to buy the cheapest two (as long as I get an ostrich :wub: ).

Is it just me or does printing the cloth on the horse make it less adaptable to other uses? Sure it might work in a Castle MOC, but I can't see it being useful for a horse ranch or Western MOC or something similar.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but here's a trailer. I saw it in a theater and it looked really good. What's interesting is that it's PG-13. Lego has tried to avoid basing themes off of PG-13 movies, which is just another reason why maybe Harry Potter will return. Anyways, I think the trailer looks sweet, so I might not just collect a few of these sets.