KimT

The non-LEGO Review Index

I've been thinking, a list of clone/bootleg brands would be really useful. Specially classifying them and a link to a good review for a product of each brand.

I too would like to see something like this, especially as I'm sure I could contribute; I recently posted something similar in the Lego thread on SomethingAwful. I have picked up several odd brands but I don't have a camera so I haven't really felt qualified to post any full reviews.

So you mean a list, with the website link a representativ review and a classification to each one? But keep the reviews section (By brand) and the other random links?

I could do something like that, but could you wait a few days as I am on holiday at the moment. My net access is sparodic.

These are not reviews, but are however clone-related:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42911&st=0&p=753969&fromsearch=1entry753969 (about MB Probuilder)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46642&st=0&p=815048&fromsearch=1entry815048 (about K'NEX fans' hate for K'NEX bricks)

Edited by Plastic Nurak

I've been thinking, a list of clone/bootleg brands would be really useful. Specially classifying them and a link to a good review for a product of each brand. Possibly replacing the links section Like:

I have a small set database (which include clone brands) here, if i find a review i add a link to corresponding set. (unfortunately there are just ~290 reviews for clone brands, not so much).

If someone could say which format is interested i could just export the corresponding data, and you can filter or look at it.

I have a small set database (which include clone brands) here, if i find a review i add a link to corresponding set. (unfortunately there are just ~290 reviews for clone brands, not so much).

If someone could say which format is interested i could just export the corresponding data, and you can filter or look at it.

Quick note

http://en.bricker.ru/osets.html?brand=Oxford&family=Castle&theme=The+Great+King+Gwang-ge-to

the first set here, is not from the same line, its name translates to "Great Go-gu-ryeo"

which is an old name for Korea.

I know there are some building toys that many of you have not heard of. And I know not all of them are good quality. But here is the place to put the non Lego brands.

Here is one very good one. It is called callgrim. Check em` out at www.callgrim.com.

We have an index for bootlegs and clone brands here. :classic:

Indeed we do. :classic:

I'll merge them shortly.

just a general note on my reviews..the pics on them all died, imageshacks fault. After using them since they opened, they decided to limit people to a certain number of images. I downloaded and wiped my account, I wasn't going to start paying them out of the blue for that, especially with their terrible customer service.

Check out new Cobi line "Wild Story"

http://cobi.pl/en/toys/wild-story/

Positive surprise and good direction, I think.

Hmm, seems to be repackaged Deadly 60. In the UK D60 is a kids programme and there are sets and blindbags with those animals and Character miniatures.

Hmm, seems to be repackaged Deadly 60. In the UK D60 is a kids programme and there are sets and blindbags with those animals and Character miniatures.

You're right, I had a look on ebay and they are really the same bricks, just different sets.

But I suppose it may be the other way round - maybe they buy them from Cobi and rebrand for UK as D60 or Cobi got licence for D60. I think so because Cobi manufacture their own bricks, but who knows.

Is there anything written on D60's studs?

By the way - Cobi doesn't seem to care too much for what single customers think. A few years ago I wrote them a message with my comments and questions and recently again with comments about that new line and some suggestion for a new licence and they didn't even bother to reply.

You're right, I had a look on ebay and they are really the same bricks, just different sets.

But I suppose it may be the other way round - maybe they buy them from Cobi and rebrand for UK as D60 or Cobi got licence for D60. I think so because Cobi manufacture their own bricks, but who knows.

Is there anything written on D60's studs?

By the way - Cobi doesn't seem to care too much for what single customers think. A few years ago I wrote them a message with my comments and questions and recently again with comments about that new line and some suggestion for a new licence and they didn't even bother to reply.

Cobi manufacture the bricks, Character box them with their figures under their Character Building line. I suppose D60 is a UK thing and Character have a longstanding lisense with British TV productions (Doctor Who, Primeval, Torchwood etc) and Cobi make the animals and bricks with their figures for other markets.

I think D60 came first though as I have been seeing them around for some months, and then Cobi rebranded for the European market?