crossmr

OM3304 Jet and jeep Oxford Review

Name: OM3304

Theme: Military

Pieces: Not sure

Price: 24500 won ($20.43 USD)

Minifigs: 4

With there only being 4 sets in the new military line so far, I had to jump on them to keep on top of them. So I ordered up the last two, built them a few days ago and I'll stagger out the reviews.

This is the new Jet with the new Jeep. I wasn't thrilled about the jet from the box shot, but actually after getting it, it's pretty nice.

Box

imgp2453.jpg

This is your standard Oxford box. Like the other ones this shows off some of the action in the set. The Jet appears to be based on the F-15K Korean Air force jet. The jeep may be generic, but their last one was actually based on a real jeep. Korean military jeep gets a lot of old war pictures, so I'll keep an eye for an actual model this is based on.

Instructions

Clear, complete, great as always, attached parts sheets. If someone wants to total that up, let me know.

scan0003rt.jpg

scan0004iq.jpg

Pieces

As always, good clutch, good plastic, no problems. One nice thing is that in this set the jet has many pieces and it's not green. It uses two shades of grey.

Minifigs

4 in this set. It has a new pilot's uniform and new helmet for him. Big improvement over the last pilot. The new weapons are included as well. No female face in this set. Good mix of faces otherwise.

Construction

The jet is done with a couple of floating sections that are laid out and attached later. It makes it a little tricky, but I find it's better to set the pieces aside and then after you've built the connectors, attach them to that.

Jeep

imgp2454.jpg

imgp2455i.jpg

Jet

imgp2459h.jpg

imgp2460n.jpg

imgp2461x.jpg

Finished Models

Oxford has really improved things with their latest line. Playability is increased on everything they're making. Before they were tanks and jeeps, now they're tanks and jeeps with interior troop transport and trunks. The Jet also has landing gear that retracts. The jeep in this set is great as well. Best of all its different. Oxford included the same jeep in many sets in the last line, but so far in this line the two jeeps are different. They're both great. Seating for 4, equipment storage, and this one also includes a tow hitch so you can pull around the gun from the helicopter set. The jet has missles, a new cockpit, feels very solid, and nice tail and wing pieces. The jeep also includes printed windows that have a kind of desert sand-storm look to them with wipers.

imgp2465l.jpg

imgp2466v.jpg

imgp2463.jpg

imgp2464.jpg

imgp2467.jpg

imgp2456t.jpg

imgp2457o.jpg

imgp2458.jpg

imgp2468q.jpg

Minifigs - 8/10 Great quality as always, but 4 minifigs for $20 is a little low for Oxford. You get 4 with their $11 tank. If they tossed in a female figure, it would probably be better. The unique pilot adds to it though.

Parts - 9/10 Great selection of many unique parts. Also a good amount for the dollar value, even if I don't know the exact count. Quality is top notch as usual.

Playability - 8/10 Good jet with retractable wheels, and a jeep. They don't fully go together, and each one doesn't have an excessive amount of action, but they are still both pretty useful from a play standpoint.

Design - 8/10 The jet seems to do a very good job of copying the real life model, the jeep allows for major troop movement with at least 5 people being able to fit in it. I'd be interested to see a 4 seater jeep with no trunk and a 2 pilot jet would be nice.

Price - 8/10 I'd like to see another minifig, but still for $20 it's right up there.

overall - 41/50 It's a good set, and the jet looks very nice even if it was just sitting on a shelf. The jeep rolls and plays very well.

Edited by crossmr

I tried to total pcs, it seems that there are 364 pcs in this set. Jet is pretty nice. Jeep imho slightly flattened.

I tried to total pcs, it seems that there are 364 pcs in this set. Jet is pretty nice. Jeep imho slightly flattened.

Thanks. Seating a lot of minifigs chews up a lot of space, so 4 seats with arm space, etc really extends the vehicle. The humvee gets around that by having a roof and sloped trunk.

If this jeep had no trunk, it'd probably look better I think.

Thanks. Seating a lot of minifigs chews up a lot of space, so 4 seats with arm space, etc really extends the vehicle. The humvee gets around that by having a roof and sloped trunk.

If this jeep had no trunk, it'd probably look better I think.

OOO, now i understand what this jeep looks alike, it is a roofless humvee :D

Don't you know, are there Oxford instruction scans available anywhere around the net?

Edited by tkf