Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

Some official box arts of the Toy Story sets, thanks to Unknown User 2596 on Flickr!

7590 Woody and Buzz to the Rescue

51KXBUl-hwL._SS500_.jpg

7592 Construct-a-Buzz

61uu9j76O0L._SS500_.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, Pi! I must admit, the rescue looks better than I expected, especially with a pull-back motor. :wub: Build a Buzz still looks a little odd.

Thanks for the pics.

Can't wait to get all Toy Story Sets. :wub:

This year all new sets showed up two to three weeks earlier than expected. Maybe we'll find a few of the Toy Story Sets right before christmas?

That would be great. :sweet:

Can't wait, can't wait any longer.

Oh wow, the long legs on Woody are brand new, those will be interesting to see in MOC's

Thank you for the pictures :classic: I like the pull back motor on 7590 but it would have been fun to see it as an actual radio command car too. Otherwise I really like the them and I can't wait til the sets come out.

build a buzz is one of my fav's with those great colours but an awful name sadly :sadnew:.

still get him name or no name :tongue:.

Maybe it's not perfect, but it's hands-down better than "Constraction Figure...."

These are the two sets I'm prioritizing so it's great to get such a good look at them. I really like the construction of the lime parts on Buzz's breastplate, though the limbs are still a letdown. I already knew he had no elbows, but his legs look pretty rigid too. Also, that head will forever freak me out.

I suppose I could replace the mermaid on the pirate ship with it, see how that works out....

Edited by Dunjohn

It looks like Buzz's helmet is this piece with something around it, but I can't tell for sure.

I don't think so; that piece seems way too small.

I don't really like the Construct-A-Buzz but the helmet there is a must-have :wub:

not bad, not bad. Lots of new pieces and incredible detail by LEGO. I do like this, although I don't believe I'm going to buy these, because I'm not sure how they'd fit in MOC's(altough the Army Guys would make a good battlepack)

Well, I've liked the RV car since I first saw it, but is that price on Amazon correct? I know they've sometimes jacked up prices in the past, but the prices for the construction fig and Wood's Round Up (no picture) seem about right. But $20 for 92 pieces? Yes, it's a got cool minifigures and a pullback motor, but $20?

The new Toy Story sets are actually better then I imagined :thumbup:

Thanks for finding Pi :thumbup:

I like the 7590 set the best! :wub:

Might have to get it. :sweet:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Final box arts! Woohoo! :sweet: Not much different from what we have seen before, but it's good to know these are final. The only let-down for me is the helmet of the Buzz minifig. Why bother to make a helmet piece if it's only half a helmet? :hmpf_bad: Oh well, still better than no helmet I suppose...

Also, $20 seems a bit much for Rescue, but oh well.

Absolutely can't wait for these to come out! :cry_happy:

It's odd, these final pics have waned me interest and yet I can't figure out why...

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Well, I've liked the RV car since I first saw it, but is that price on Amazon correct? I know they've sometimes jacked up prices in the past, but the prices for the construction fig and Wood's Round Up (no picture) seem about right. But $20 for 92 pieces? Yes, it's a got cool minifigures and a pullback motor, but $20?

That's what I worried about when I saw it has a motor. How much space it takes up in the set, and how much it adds to the price. Looks like bad news in both cases, but still a nice little set.

It's odd, these final pics have waned me interest and yet I can't figure out why...

It's Toy Story. Do you really need any other reason? :tongue:

New logo

head_toystory.jpg

This one doesn't look as fake as the PoP one, but still pretty fake. It looks like somebody just photoshopped this pic onto a banner, and didn't even do a good job at it. Parts of the pic are cut off, and you can see the white background through the technic hole in Zurg's blaster. Seems to me like the website you got these from is trying to make some premature advertising.

That's what I worried about when I saw it has a motor. How much space it takes up in the set, and how much it adds to the price. Looks like bad news in both cases, but still a nice little set.

I see it this way: The car is very similar to other pull-back lego racers such as 8165 Monster Jumper which has the same amount of pieces, but only costs $12.99. So the question is: Do the two new figs and the fact that it's a licensed set justify the extra $7? :sceptic: Or is this just Amazon going overboard with the price again?

It's Toy Story. Do you really need any other reason? :tongue:

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant?

Oh, you said "waned". :blush: Yes, I guess I did misunderstand you. I have no idea why the pics turn you off. I absolutely love 'em. :thumbup:

Oh, you said "waned". :blush: Yes, I guess I did misunderstand you. I have no idea why the pics turn you off. I absolutely love 'em. :thumbup:

That's my point, I want to like them, but for some reason I'm just not that enthused. Except for the Army men of course.

That's my point, I want to like them, but for some reason I'm just not that enthused. Except for the Army men of course.

Same here, I loved TS as a kid and the sets are really nice but the army set is the only one that excites me :sceptic: