Christian

City 2010

Has anyone spotted the Pig Farm (7684) in TRU or anywhere aside from S@H? It came out on S@H a month ago but I've had no luck in finding it anywhere; I hear that Farm is a TRU exclusive, so I thought it'd turn up there by now. On top of this, it's not listed on either the CA or US TRU website. :/

Don't know if you've seen this, but here:

Wow, that set looks awesome! I dunno if it's been posted before, but if not, then thanks a lot for bringing attention to it! :thumbup:

Things I can make out in the photo are a grill, mailbox and green garbage can, a street lamp, a treehouse(!), and what looks like a full interior and perhaps even a couple exclusive minifigs! Man, this one is a winner for sure. :classic:

Wow, that set looks awesome! I dunno if it's been posted before, but if not, then thanks a lot for bringing attention to it! :thumbup:

It was posted some time ago, but it does look awesome.

Don't know if you've seen this, but here:

What I'm curious to see is the interior, esp. the furnishings. Lego is so good at making great, cool little details and props with very few pieces, such as the coffee maker in the Police HQ or the organ keys on the Flagship. Really want to see how they do the furniture here, and how much they'll include...

SNIPPED

Just noticed this while looking at the pictures...[/img]

Good spot! Shame there aren't any more detailed pictures...

I have some pictures, but I dont beleive it's 8403. If it is, then it's very dull.

EDIT: it is, but its lacking sun roof in front and I still think it's dull.

8403-1.jpg

8403-2.jpg

8403-3.jpg

Edited by Cwetqo

I can't find the original thread for the Minifigur Collection series

but I just found this neat picture of all the figures on a japanese web site which also shows

a dispenser, also the second series will come in beige bags

topimg.png

Edited by grogall

which also showsa dispenser

Ohh nooooo! I wanted to feel it, so I know for what I spend my money. :sceptic:

topimg.png

Cool picture. I'm already planning on getting several figures from this line, and even doubles of some. Most of which will go towards the several HP themed minifigs I'm going to customize. For example, two Cowboys will make great starting points for Fred and George. Still, there's at least two I'm planning on getting and keeping as-is. The zombie and the mime.

Ohh nooooo! I wanted to feel it, so I know for what I spend my money. :sceptic:

The vending machine could, in theory at least, be just for the Japanese market. Brickipedia has a picture from the German 2010 consumer guide showing a box stand/display.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:CollectableminisDE.jpg

Definitely looks like you'll be able to feel the bags to check who you'll be getting. I'll be surprised if US stores don't have the same display. Which'll be great as there are some very specific one's I plan on getting.

Edited by Ravenxl7

The vending machine could, in theory at least, be just for the Japanese market. Brickipedia has a picture from the German 2010 consumer guide showing a box stand/display.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:CollectableminisDE.jpg

Definitely looks like you'll be able to feel the bags to check who you'll be getting. I'll be surprised if US stores don't have the same display. Which'll be great as there are some very specific one's I plan on getting.

Ohh puhh. I'm glad to hear.

I have some pictures, but I dont beleive it's 8403. If it is, then it's very dull.

EDIT: it is, but its lacking sun roof in front and I still think it's dull.

8403-1.jpg

8403-2.jpg

8403-3.jpg

Thank you very much for these pictures, Cwetqo! :classic:

This seems indeed to be 8403 City House - but without minifigs, garden and terrace.

There seem to be two solar panels on the roof - very nice addition! :thumbup:

Unluckily you can't view clearly inside the house. But might there be a cooking stove behind the left big window downstairs?

Klaus-Dieter

Oh goodie, a whole new door for the front door and solar panels - COOL :grin: , and yes it does look a lot like the fuzzy picture of 8403 minus the exterior trimmings of a front and side yards.

I agree with you 'Klaus-Dieter' that might be a kitchen down stairs, but still we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks 'Cwetqo' for the great find.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks for the pics and for good eyes :oh3:

it is missing a terrace though?

Solar panels? Hybrid Cars? Wind Turbines?

TLG is sure doing a good job of incorporating "green" and renewable technology into sets

I am fan of this :thumbup:

I can't find the original thread for the Minifigur Collection series

but I just found this neat picture of all the figures on a japanese web site which also shows

a dispenser, also the second series will come in beige bags

topimg.png

Said vending machine will dispense these minifig packs, my brother-in-law went to Japan last year and he said that there were vending machines everyone - even ones to sell you either hot noodles or fresh clean underwear ! :grin:

I'll check with my sources this week on a few things including these minifig packs.

G'day folks, look what this tiger found while looking through Brickshelf, the pictures are way too big so here's a link.......

Minifig Pack - Diver

I wonder how many others might be hiding in Brickshelf.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

Happy Monday everybody.... Quick question, and forgive me if it's been addressed before because I just couldn't seem to find it elsewhere, but--

Does anyone have concrete dates when the rest of the 2010 city sets will drop in the U.S.?? Tanker truck, Copter & Limo, Airport, Passenger plane, etc? Or even the trains??

I'm not the expert several of you are, but I do understand that by now the remaining big periods of release in any year are June and then pre-Christmas, correct? Does Lego have a standardized 'windows' each year when sets are launched, or is it more random and less able to anticipate?

I guess I'm just starting to get anxious... I've only been into City for a few months and want to plan accordingly. Any info would be appreciated... thanks! :classic:

G'day folks, look what this tiger found while looking through Brickshelf, the pictures are way too big so here's a link.......

Minifig Pack - Diver

I wonder how many others might be hiding in Brickshelf.

Yea, Forestman and cowboy (yet another fedora. :grin: ).... :wub: I wish it would be June already.

Edited by Skalldyr

Happy Monday everybody.... Quick question, and forgive me if it's been addressed before because I just couldn't seem to find it elsewhere, but--

Does anyone have concrete dates when the rest of the 2010 city sets will drop in the U.S.?? Tanker truck, Copter & Limo, Airport, Passenger plane, etc? Or even the trains??

I'm not the expert several of you are, but I do understand that by now the remaining big periods of release in any year are June and then pre-Christmas, correct? Does Lego have a standardized 'windows' each year when sets are launched, or is it more random and less able to anticipate?

I guess I'm just starting to get anxious... I've only been into City for a few months and want to plan accordingly. Any info would be appreciated... thanks! :classic:

Hmm, interesting, because all are widely availbe in europe for a few weeks now (except trains of course). I think that LEGo is not so focused on "release windows" anymore, but is releasing sets month per month.

Normally there are 2 big release periods for S@H when most of the product is available - Jan and June - but LEGO has individual deals with retailers and countries about exactly when the sets are released - they are normally spread out month by month.

Oh goodie, a whole new door for the front door and solar panels - COOL :grin: , and yes it does look a lot like the fuzzy picture of 8403 minus the exterior trimmings of a front and side yards.

I agree with you 'Klaus-Dieter' that might be a kitchen down stairs, but still we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks 'Cwetqo' for the great find.

Where is this fuzzy picture of 8403? can't recall seeing it.

Where is this fuzzy picture of 8403? can't recall seeing it.

It has been posted twice in this thread, read back through older posts to see it.

I just realised that there's an other option for te public transport set. Maybe, we'll get a tram without any use of tracks.

In that case TLG could choose to use the regular carwheels. Those wheels are not visible (like the image below)

tram1j.jpg

Stickers of tram- tracks could be easaly added to the regular roadplates. I know, not the nicest thought, but I just wanted to share this option.

The set could be contain a platform, a tram, a bus and track stickers in that case...

Nice idea, but what if you dont want to use road plates, ah well this Public Transport set refuses to die. Lets think about one thing - America - yes the old U.S.A. - ask yourself what public transport is in the U.S.A., not Australia, New Zealand, U.K. or Europe even ?

It would be funny if it's just a different colour 7938 Passenger Train eh ? :laugh: