Christian

City 2010

Sounds better everytime you say it, doesn't it? :grin:

:thumbup:

Only when I stop drooling! :grin: Looking at the TRU drawing simultaneously, makes me wanna jump! :laugh:

As others have said i hope its a remake of the airport shuttle.

I totally agree with you, LegoGalactus!

It would be totally awesome if we will get a re-design of the Airport Shuttle!

But I hope that we won't get any "specific" train stops in there - meaning that you can use the train stops for every place you want to place them (and not one train stop with airport stickers and stuff or one with train station stickers and stuff etc.).

In my final layout there surely won't be any place for a decent airport and the airplanes of the airport I own are much too small that they would fit with the current City vechiles. So I want one train stop at the center (next to the park with the fountain of 10184) and one at another place.

Btw:

Since the main colors of the new Airport (buildings) are white and blue I could well imagine that the possible elevated train will be mainly blue with some white stripes.

And if there is hopefully really an elevated train included in this set I hope that there will be more than only five or six minifigs - let's say hopefully there will be eight (train driver, bus driver, cook (if hopefully a snackbar is included), man, woman, father, mother, son and daughter). What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

And if there is hopefully really an elevated train included in this set I hope that there will be more than only five or six minifigs - let's say hopefully there will be eight (train driver, bus driver, cook (if hopefully a snackbar is included), man, woman, father, mother, son and daughter). What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

I think 8 figures would be a good amount for the price. Also the blue and white thing would make sense if its like the airport shuttle. A snackbar also makes sense that if a minifigure is hungry before getting on the train it can get a bite to eat. I hope the public transport is not just vehicles like a taxi and a bus.

Well, here's something to think about in 1989 pirates is first released, then in 2009 makes a brief comeback. In 1990 a set is released called 'airport shuttle', this year is 2010 and ........... I could be jumping to conclusions here but some of you might just be right !

Twenty year gaps between sets, it does happen ! :wink:

We will still need to wait and see !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Public Transport yay!

I wouldn't mind getting another bus (and wouldn't mind if its identical to the 7641 bus, which the concept drawing was), perhaps with a different number. It would be interesting if this turns out to have a monorail. Oh yes...

:hmpf_bad: Would of preferred City Square. We already have too many transports.

The only way the set can redeem itself is if they bring back monorail. :cry_happy:

Edited by CallMePie

The only way the set can redeem itself is if they bring back monorail. :cry_happy:

Are you hating on the Monorail? :angry:

Oh never mind I see you quickly add that you support it :tongue::laugh:

Thank you Lightning Tiger for additional confirmation that it will be the City Transport :sweet:

The thing that comes up in my mind when you say "City Transport" it the all ready heavily mentioned Monorail idea.

Because you already have Trains coming out, we got a bus and those are the other 2 forms of public transport.

Logically one could conclude that it will indeed be a Monorail right? :wub: :wub:

I really like your speculations KD, I hope they are indeed true

But... most of it has been released already. :sceptic:

townplan.jpg

Toy Store: became Cinema in 10184

Town Hall with newlyweds: 10184

Café: Pizza restaurant in 7641

Taxi: will be in the new trainstation next August

Statue with benches: became fountain with benches in 10184

Red car: 8402

That being said, if LEGO ever released a traffic circle roadplate, I'd pick it up in a hardbeat.

G'day everyone again. :sweet:

I actually have TRU Australia going into bat for me and they have emailed their buyer with the questions to be answered on the 8404 - fingers crossed I get a call early next week with some fresh information !

townplan.jpg

That being said, if LEGO ever released a traffic circle roadplate, I'd pick it up in a hardbeat.

The voting was after the 10184 release. So they planned a new city square. I wouldn't pay much attention to the drawings since they only are rough sketch.

As a mather of fact I think the 7641 was done already too since it got released just after the voting.

:classic:

Edited by Ferdik

The voting was after the 10184 release.

Ah.

I did not know that.

Well, never mind then. :tongue:

Hi Everybody,

I don't want to be negative and I'm glad it's the public transport but the chance that we get a new monorail is very, very small (reasons mentioned above somewhere). Just don't get your hopes up to much...

Can't wait for pics! :sweet:

Dr. Brick

townplan.jpg

I'm still standing strong on City Square being the final set. At first some said that they got confirmation on the Truck stop and now people are getting confirmation on public transport. I agree with Callmepie though, We do have to many transport sets. We probably have twice as many sets with just vehicles than sets with buildings. :sceptic: The city square has so much potential I would love to see it as a set, not public transport. :thumbdown:

I think those expecting a monorail system with elevated track are caught in the speculative frenzy and probably need to take a calming breath.

I'm not sure why you'd want a flagship set like that to be released as some mid-point TRU exclusive anyway. I'm sure LEGO is aware of AFOLs hunger for a flagship City set with elevated track and so on - just like they wanted a huge Imperial ship or civilian-based Castle set - so if we ever see it, I would prefer it was a S@H Exclusive where they could really go to town (so to speak) on it design-wise. TheBrickster's recent Spiderman review reminded me of what an elevated train in a regular release could be - one compartment and 2 bits of track! :laugh:

I'm still standing strong on City Square being the final set. At first some said that they got confirmation on the Truck stop and now people are getting confirmation on public transport. I agree with Callmepie though, We do have to many transport sets. We probably have twice as many sets with just vehicles than sets with buildings. :sceptic: The city square has so much potential I would love to see it as a set, not public transport. :thumbdown:

To clear the air, truck stop was an assumption based on a theory on sets being released and on some rough details that described what might be a large servo, now public transport is confirmed by Toys R Us themselves and I'm waiting on hope some details of what it is - just like I said last night (my time).

I kind of agree with you 'Mission Commander' that a city square would be better, I voted for truck stop for my love of trucks and of country towns (you couldn't tell from all my latest MOCs could anyone ? :tongue: ).

P.S. interesting side note - in the comming years a truck stop and city square might pop up on shelves anyway - it may have been a close vote, so if Lego can see potential to make cash I would say they would .......right ? :wink:

I think those expecting a monorail system with elevated track are caught in the speculative frenzy and probably need to take a calming breath.

I'm not sure why you'd want a flagship set like that to be released as some mid-point TRU exclusive anyway. I'm sure LEGO is aware of AFOLs hunger for a flagship City set with elevated track and so on - just like they wanted a huge Imperial ship or civilian-based Castle set - so if we ever see it, I would prefer it was a S@H Exclusive where they could really go to town (so to speak) on it design-wise. TheBrickster's recent Spiderman review reminded me of what an elevated train in a regular release could be - one compartment and 2 bits of track! :laugh:

I hope that won't be the case. :laugh:

But surely LEGO will realise we want a monorail? They have to be at least be considering it, otherwise they would never have put it in the drawing.

I was just looking at the Brickset site and noticed the April calender for U.S. Lego stores. I clicked on the post to see what was up and noticed...

"...Oh, and a TRU insider in the US says that set 8404 'Fan Choice' has been given the name 'LEGO City Public Transport' on their computer system. So it could be interesting..."

So it has been confirmed in the U.S. also, (The other day I wend to a local TRU store in Southeastern Wisconsin and they could give me no information about 8404. They said if it is not supposed to come out till august they wont know anything till a few weeks before hand). Anyway Im glad to here its confirmed and cant wait to see some pics.

I avoided doing this but thought what the heck... a while back right as all the "truck stop" talk was starting and Lightningtiger said his source stated 8404 had octan signage I said it could be advertisement in a public transport set such as the signs on the bus in city corner.

...yeah I know I just felt like tooting my own horn...

Anyway Im real excited to see what we get in 8404 public transport even though I did vote for the truck stop. And hey here in Wisconsin were getting highspeed rail so some commuter rail type thing would be ok for my futrue layout.

Sal

WFB, WI

I was just looking at the Brickset site and noticed the April calender for U.S. Lego stores. I clicked on the post to see what was up and noticed...

"...Oh, and a TRU insider in the US says that set 8404 'Fan Choice' has been given the name 'LEGO City Public Transport' on their computer system. So it could be interesting..."

So it has been confirmed in the U.S. also, (The other day I wend to a local TRU store in Southeastern Wisconsin and they could give me no information about 8404. They said if it is not supposed to come out till august they wont know anything till a few weeks before hand). Anyway Im glad to here its confirmed and cant wait to see some pics.

I avoided doing this but thought what the heck... a while back right as all the "truck stop" talk was starting and Lightningtiger said his source stated 8404 had octan signage I said it could be advertisement in a public transport set such as the signs on the bus in city corner.

...yeah I know I just felt like tooting my own horn...

Anyway Im real excited to see what we get in 8404 public transport even though I did vote for the truck stop. And hey here in Wisconsin were getting highspeed rail so some commuter rail type thing would be ok for my futrue layout.

Sal

WFB, WI

Ha, my ears are burning ! :grin:

It's good to know that the home of TRU have confirmed 8404, but still no idea of what the hell this public transport is - will be based on a US style public transport system or not - since it was poll was based in the USA.

Anyway it might have billboards with Octan on it too.

ok you guys are getting me excited about this "LEGO City Public Transport" !!! What could it be?!?! 2010 year of rails?! (passenger train, freight train, and monorail)?!

Public Transport's going to be the fan's choice set, eh? Sounds great! Hopefully we'll get a detailed train and station with things like a departure and arrival time schedule, waiting area, that bumpy yellow stuff on the ground (to provide grip so you don't fall into the tracks :laugh:) and other realistic stuff. Taxis and a bus that's different than the City Corner one would be nice too :thumbup:

I'll post the image of the concept art for convenience:

Transport_concept_Art_2009.jpg

Does anyone think that we'll be getting some baseplates in the set?

Edited by ILikePi

I think you guys are all getting way too excited about the City Public Transport, which from that picture is obviously this:

publiccitytransport.jpg

:tongue:

Edited by efin

What about the blue tram cars, now that I would buy over an overhead rail system ! :grin:

Do we all find to odd that some things from Lego seem to appear so early and they don't care if we see it, but over things one tiny picture and they freak out - now this something Lego seems to be acting dumb about. :wink: Why haven't they come out with some statement, not these small pieces of info from TRU in two different countries.

We are all still playing that guessing game.

What about the blue tram cars, now that I would buy over an overhead rail system ! :grin:

Do we all find to odd that some things from Lego seem to appear so early and they don't care if we see it, but over things one tiny picture and they freak out - now this something Lego seems to be acting dumb about. :wink: Why haven't they come out with some statement, not these small pieces of info from TRU in two different countries.

We are all still playing that guessing game.

But there's no room for tram tracks in Lego streets. And if the use Doom tracks wouldn't it ending up be too similar trains, especially the new red one already looking like a big Tram? I hope for an elevated train! A monorail..But I'm only hoping and guessing as usuaul. :tongue:

Edited by Ferdik