Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Noir Mafia Confirmation/General Discussion Thread

It's been like that for many mafia games before this one. Can't wait until Day 4!

Yeah, they almost always do tie-ins like that. I don't know why mine had to be a woman's name, but whatever. :hmpf_bad::laugh:

I don't know why mine had to be a woman's name, but whatever. :hmpf_bad::laugh:

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that your character is a woman... .... ...?

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that your character is a woman... .... ...?

I worded that wrong: Why am I a woman? :tongue:

EDIT 2: I also found it funny that almost all the people near the top of yesterday's "top 20 posters" list got on there from posting so much in the day 3 game thread. :tongue::thumbup:

16+ posts from me in the day 3 thread alone... :blush:

It doesn't matter what gender your character is, just as long as you can play the part. Zepher has almost always played a woman until now, for example. :wink:

It doesn't matter what gender your character is, just as long as you can play the part. Zepher has almost always played a woman until now, for example. :wink:

It happened so much people thought he was a woman! :laugh:

You got something against women, huh?! :angry:

You will wear that dress, mister, and you will enjoy it!

... :tongue:

You go, girl! :laugh:

Hey, Millacol, don't feel bad, Zepher's mostly played female characters, and he's not complaining. :grin:

Well, not a lot, anyway...

I just noticed all our in game names have to do with our screen names. Pretty elusive, if I do say so myself :classic:

Mine had nothing to do with my screen name. But I guess it's pretty hard to cleverly copy YG-49. :laugh:

Mine had nothing to do with my screen name. But I guess it's pretty hard to cleverly copy YG-49. :laugh:

I included the 'four' in your name. And the letter Y looks a little like a V. :grin:

Day 4 should be up soon. :classic:

Ha, knew it! :tongue: It was great, great fun, though, and I'm sure to participate in for future games, too.

Someone here once suggested that I should host a Hogwarts Mafia someday, so maybe I'll check myself to the wait list... :wink:

Ha, knew it! :tongue: It was great, great fun, though, and I'm sure to participate in for future games, too.

Someone here once suggested that I should host a Hogwarts Mafia someday, so maybe I'll check myself to the wait list... :wink:

That would be awesome. :sweet:

It was great to have you in this game, and adding so much fun. I am going to miss you though. :sadnew:

Be sure to watch the progress of this game, even though you can't participate anymore.

Well that is disappointing. :cry_sad:

Thanks TinyPies and the players for the fun I had while I was around.

Haha, some of the players are completely oblivious to the purpose of this game.

The purpose for the Townies is not to kill off the good guys until only the Scum are left to unveil them, because once the amount Scum exceeds the amount of Townies, the Town automatically loses! :tongue:

This is a reminder of the rules, not strategizing, by the way.

... Okay, I'm biased towards the Town, but it's going to lose at this rate anyway, with so many ignoramuses involved. :hmpf:

Haha, some of the players are completely oblivious to the purpose of this game.

And some just don't know how it's played because they haven't done it before. It's always painfully obvious, they tend to rant and get themselves killed for it, then whine about it later.

The best way to avoid that is to read a lot, learn, then practice.

For helpful reading, I'd visit these sites: mafiascum.net & MafiaWiki. I'm especially fond of the roles index, where you learn that there are an incredible number of variations in the parts that characters can play in this game. Once you open your mind to the possibilities, you stop making the kinds of mistakes that get you killed, or damage your side.

And some just don't know how it's played because they haven't done it before. It's always painfully obvious, they tend to rant and get themselves killed for it, then whine about it later.

The best way to avoid that is to read a lot, learn, then practice.

That's the nice way to put it, yes. This was my first Mafia-game online, as well, even though I've played it numerous times in real life. This version requires much more strategizing, but also enables much larger variation in the game style.

I'm sure that I'll play my next game here much more carefully, no matter which side I'll be on.

After discovering that Michelle was a member of the Town the people of Guilder City gasped around her.

Bravo.

Yeah, they almost always do tie-ins like that.

I always do it to remember who is playing what character.

Sign in to follow this