Clone OPatra

Single Pane Star Wars Funnies

:laugh:

Took a little bit to get it, but that was hilarious. The way Vader and Tarkin are looking at each other is priceless.

Very good! This made me laugh a lot :laugh:

And it also took me a while to get it but so funny when I did :classic:

Great work :thumbup:

Batman1±

It's obvious you're not exactly a huge Star Wars fan

You're so right. I have seen one Star Wars movie, about 15 years ago, and found it utterly boring. And I have seen some Clone Wars episodes at work, because I work as a translator.

So now I just browsed through some Star Wars movies in order to build something because Lowlug has a Star Wars themed contest, and I'm a Lowlug member. It is obvious that I will do everything wrong because, well, I know nothing about those movies. Okay, I know that the Jedi, including Yoda, are supposed to be good, and they fight the dark side, which is supposed to be evil. But I had no clue that the color of the light saber mattered, let alone whether Yoda had a padawan or not or if it is called padawan or apprentice (I picked up the word 'padawan' checking the Clone Wars translations). Oh, I didn't even know that Squidward plays the clarinet, because I don't watch Spongebob either (I do watch South Park, though. Which has nothingto do with anything).

Anyway, I did manage to build something that at least some people thought was funny and the fits the theme of the contest I'm entering, so I'm not going to be bothered taking new pictures and re-uploading for the color of a light saber... I think I'll go on building my Valentines Day contest MOC!

I think most people would know about the symbolism of red lightsabers, as a similar concept can be found in the writing of Tolkien.

Actually this is a really big stereotype in the SW universe, though it's easy to differentiate a character by the colour of his lightsaber, such assumptions can deceive you, a few Jedi or "good guys" have red lightsabers most notably Sharad Hettand the recent Maris Broodand likewise with the sith or "bad guys" such as the sith lord Exar Kunand the corrupted Ulic Qel-Droma, so don't judge a jedi by his blade, but we all know Yoda has a green lightsaber though :tongue:

A lot of people like Spongebob and a lot of people don't. I just happen to be one of the latter. Everyone has their own sense of humor - having body parts popped off and used as boomerangs is funny to some people, I suppose. (I guess I can't really disapprove of Spongebob as an unhealthy cartoon - being a Sailor Moon fan and all - but w/e) And I honestly didn't know it was supposed to be Squidward's clarinet. Sorry, but it looked like a lightsaber to me.

Yeah, I have to agree, I have grown tiresome of spongebob, so I know how you feel, but I have to agree with you here, I had no idea it was suppose to be a clarinet, :wacko:

You're so right. I have seen one Star Wars movie, about 15 years ago, and found it utterly boring. And I have seen some Clone Wars episodes at work, because I work as a translator.

Anyway, I did manage to build something that at least some people thought was funny and the fits the theme of the contest I'm entering, so I'm not going to be bothered taking new pictures and re-uploading for the color of a light saber... I think I'll go on building my Valentines Day contest MOC!

Saying that star wars is utterly boring in a star wars forum is not a very good idea, and I have to say I take offense to that, but we can't all like the same thing so I respect that you dislike star wars, but I do not like it. As for the comic itself, I don't think it's that funny when people hurt themselves, just not my sense of humor, I like the subtle meanings in these comics, and the clever way of thinking around both the SW universe, and the lego itself, But I can say that I really like your building skills so A+ to that :thumbup: Good luck on your valentines day MOC, I hope to see it gracing these forums! :thumbup:

Actually this is a really big stereotype in the SW universe, though it's easy to differentiate a character by the colour of his lightsaber, such assumptions can deceive you, a few Jedi or "good guys" have red lightsabers most notably Sharad Hettand the recent Maris Broodand likewise with the sith or "bad guys" such as the sith lord Exar Kunand the corrupted Ulic Qel-Droma, so don't judge a jedi by his blade, but we all know Yoda has a green lightsaber though :tongue:

You got me there :tongue: Maybe I should have said the symbolism of red lightsabers in the Original Trilogy.

Hey KimT... do you plan on changing my member title anytime in the future?

Edited by fallenangel327

Took a little bit to get it, but that was hilarious. The way Vader and Tarkin are looking at each other is priceless.

:laugh: I was just looking at it for a good 10 minutes figuring it out too, but once I got it, I couldn't help but smile. Great job :thumbup:

BTW, fallenangel, you can't just ask for a new title :wink:

:laugh: I was just looking at it for a good 10 minutes figuring it out too, but once I got it, I couldn't help but smile. Great job :thumbup:

Yeah, it took me a while too, but once I got it I had a huge grin across my face, very clever!

Just live with it. Have fun buddy, that's what EB's about, don't let something as small as a title that you don't like get you down :sweet:

Just live with it. Have fun buddy, that's what EB's about, don't let something as small as a title that you don't like get you down :sweet:

Well I was also ostracized for liking the X-wing for a while...

Well I was also ostracized for liking the X-wing for a while...

I don't think so. I think we just kidded you for being so fanatical about it. Not that I'm not the same way about some of my vehicles. :laugh:

I don't think so. I think we just kidded you for being so fanatical about it. Not that I'm not the same way about some of my vehicles. :laugh:

Yeah, I can see how fallen may have interpreted that stuff as him being made fun. I wouldn't call it close to cyber bullying in any way, though. :laugh:

Yeah, I can see how fallen may have interpreted that stuff as him being made fun. I wouldn't call it close to cyber bullying in any way, though. :laugh:

Maybe 'ostracize' is a bit too harsh of a word. What I mean is, it got pretty ridiculous. For example, the other day:

"This one's inaccurate and this one's inaccurate and this one's inaccurate and this one's inaccurate and this one's off by four millimeters and this one's angle is off by 2 degrees and this one's shaping is warped - ARGH! It's too much! I can't handle it!"

Maybe we should ask def if he can add you to Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum as the 'X-wing Freak'.

"Well you see, doctor, I've been having nightmares for around three weeks now. I look at the row of my failed X-wing models and how inaccurate they are, and then my brain is wracked with pain and I collapse. And then I see myself being chased down a trench by a trio of X-wings. And all of a sudden one pulls out. And I despair as I see it being lost. And then one is blown up, and tears come to my eyes. And then the last one fires a torpedo, but it hits my back and the baddies beat up on the X-wing, and then everything blows up and I wake up covered in sweat and tears."

Maybe 'ostracize' is a bit too harsh of a word. What I mean is, it got pretty ridiculous. For example, the other day:

That was a joke.

Besides, you brought it up by mentioning that you'd go crazy if you kept all your X-wings together. Heck, my T-47 went through its own fair share of redos before I posted it, and if I had to look at the first one and the last one side by side I'd go crazy too.

Sorry if it came off the wrong way. :blush:

Anyways, we should probably drop this and get back on topic.

Nice PY- That's the best I've seen in a while! Absolutly hilarious! I need to get back in the game and post some...

:laugh: Good one, Plissken! So the sandtrooper is hot, the Snowie is cold, what's the Scout? Windy?

:laugh: Good one, Plissken! So the sandtrooper is hot, the Snowie is cold, what's the Scout? Windy?

Warm with 90% humidity, like in a primeval forest :laugh:

Aren't you a little short for a gorilla?

Steve

Very funny Athos, that's a great caption! :D

Great shot and very funny caption Praiter Yed...... How are they going to explain that one??

Here's my first attempt - there's 5 more to come :grin:

Sorry about the photo quality, it messed up when I added the text...

post-15072-129640836447.jpg

Next one :laugh:

post-15072-129640878684.jpg

First of all, I want to say I enjoyed all the funnies in this pages, and I thank all the builders for sharing them :thumbup:

Here is my first attempt:

monkeyluke_002.jpg

I do not think it really needs a caption, but here it is nonetheless: 'Luke, I am your father'

Hope you'll like it :classic:

Great ones, George and Luxor. :laugh:

I love the viking one, although I must admit, it took some seconds to get it :grin:

The one with the ape and the monkey is hiliarous, but you're right, it doesn't need captation.