johnsocal

Ideas for new Disney licensed sets?

Just was watching tv today and had a thought they could disney .... drumroll please

Phineas and Ferb legos :classic:

That sounds like a good idea right ?

G A :knight:

I don't think there will be as many sets as we hope, if you look at nickilodian you would have noticed only to shows were made in to lego. As we already know Toy Story will be made I wonder what else will be created.

Isn't Pirates of the Carribean made by Disney?

I don't think there will be as many sets as we hope, if you look at nickilodian you would have noticed only to shows were made in to lego. As we already know Toy Story will be made I wonder what else will be created.

Isn't Pirates of the Carribean made by Disney?

Yes, but for the longest time Megabloks had the license to it.

Sculptures please. It's something you could use for almost every licensed theme. And you don't need high play value, just characters. The Lion King for example is a movie I don't think you can make many play sets of, but I would love to see a sculpture of Shenzi, Banzai and Ed (or for everyone a single one, even better).

I think I fould pics of Cars sets on brickshelf(hope thy aren't fake).

Looks like M*** B***** but title says Lego.

look here

Really? :hmpf: Are you freakin serious? Just look at the title!

3802611997_089d8c0511_o.jpg

Well, if they should ever make Hercules sets, we might still get a centaur. :wink:

You could be right, but I have a feeling Lego will only make sets from newer Disney movies. :sceptic: (except the Pixar movies)

Although I doubt it would happen, (see above statement) I wish that Lego would make Treasure Planet Lego, as I've always wanted Steampunk.

id like to see park sets (from all parks), like the trams and trains, rides as well, pirates of the carribean(its a ride check disneyland paris),charator minifigures,that sort of stuff.

With the Toy Story sets coming out, I thought they could make sets based on the cartoon Buzz Lightyear of Star Command too. If you haven't seen it, it's a great show with lots of references to SW and other great sci-fi works. :thumbup: Some ideas I would have are the Star Command Training Deck (skip to 3:11; I posted a link in the comments), Star Command Science Bay (skip to 1:25; again, link in comments), Construct-a-XR (using the Robo Attack trans dome),

(0:44), Zurg's Dreadnought and Team Lightyear's Star Command cruiser 42. :sweet:

It's not likely since the show was never very popular, but it's an idea anyway. Just imagine a whole spaceship made out of purple parts! :cry_happy:

Oh well, I guess there's always MOCing. :wink:

To infinity and beyond! :grin:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Yeah, I love that cartoon, especially everything Zurg, since we would get a lot of purple from him.

Still, I admittedly would far prefer to get sets from other Disney movies, especially The Incredibles, which in my opinion has the best potential for sets, given all the vehicles; Syndrome's jet, Omnidroid, Mr Incredible's Car, Syndrome's henchmen's flyers etc. Monster's Inc would also be pretty neat.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

Still, I admittedly would far prefer to get sets from other Disney movies, especially The Incredibles, which in my opinion has the best potential for sets, given all the vehicles; Syndrome's jet, Omnidroid, Mr Incredible's Car, Syndrome's henchmen's flyers etc.

I couldn't agree more (hence my list of possible Incredibles sets). BLOSC was just another idea to add to the list.

Not sure about Monsters Inc., but basically any PIXAR movie would be a good source for sets. :wink:

Sorry to bump this, but seeing the new 2010 pics got me thinking. A Disney Classics line of sets is becoming more and more possible. The new PoP turbans would be great for Aladdin, and Princess Tamina's hair piece would be perfect for Jasmine. The new tentacles piece of the Squid King in the Atlantis theme would be great for an Ursula fig, and we already have a mermaid, so Little Mermaid sets would be possible too. I could also imagine Beauty and the Beast figs, with Beast having a head piece similar to that of the old Chewbacca head piece, one that fit's on top of a minifig head, and it could have a prince head underneath it. And Belle could have the old Padme hair or something new.

My point is that the figs shouldn't be a problem. Whether we'll get a Disney Classics line depends on whether TLG can come up with appealing sets to put those figs into. But that shouldn't be a problem either IMO. :wink:

This would be great, the fezes, turbans, tigers... :wub:

The Little Mermaid would be interesting too. Just think of all the mermaid fins.

More mermaids would be awesome! I was sort of disappointed when I saw the Atlantis sets didn't have any merpeople. I was kind of hoping it would.

Classic Disney animated films would be really interesting and could appeal to girls too. I just hope they would be system minifigs and not entirely new figs. I highly doubt that LEGO would make them, though.

Can LEGO make Kingdom Hearts sets with the Disney license? Or does Square Enix only have license to use the Disney characters? Even though I haven't played those games, that might be pretty lucrative as those games are quite successful and the characters potentially span lots of different interests (classic Disney to Final Fantasy).

Square Enix has a Disney License, I'm sure, since they're making the game.

I doubt a "Disney Classics" thing really, with Lego targetted to younger boys, I doubt any Little Mermaid sets will come out. =/

And then again, to sell these as toys, a movie of some sorts would have to come out. I'm really not sure where this would be headed though, with the Frog Princess and such coming out soon.

[-TA-]

Wall-E.

Any sets from it.

I would buy them.

I would, in all likelihood, clear the shop.

I'd love a Disney Classics line, but Alchemyst said, the target audience mightn't match Lego's usual. I can just see it now, Ariel being a single fully-pinted piece instead of a proper segmented minifig. And as for Simba.... the special Toy Story minifigs would just be the beginning.

But assuming a best-case scenario, I'd love a Baghdad Marketplace set. You'd have Alladin, Jasmine in disguise, Apu and a couple of guards. The bigger set would be the Palace garden and balcony, with regular Jasmine and disguised Alladin with Genie. There's a good few things they can pull from that movie.

However, my preference has always been for vehicle-oriented sets rather than scenery ones. I'd love the city robot battle from The Incredibles, or the ship from Treasure Planet (one of my favourite Disneys, though since it's on the obscure side, it's not likely). Stitch's escape craft would also be nifty.

And, of course, the Black Pearl.

Why not Kingdom Hearts?

That'll give you Stich, POTC, NBC, Mickey M, Mulan, TLK and many others and the original characters are all owned by Disney so we get Hollow Bastion (Steampunkish, Sci-Fi, Medivel Town and Castle) and Sora, Riku, Kairi :blush: Now I'm sure many won't disagree with that.

Just was watching tv today and had a thought they could disney .... drumroll please

Phineas and Ferb legos :classic:

That sounds like a good idea right ?

G A :knight:

Yes, LEGO Phineas and Ferb would be amazing! I watched S'winter a couple days ago and that got me thinking about losts of ideas! Heres set name and info!

Set Name: Fun in the S'winter

Theme: Phineas and Ferb

Set Number: 90910

Piece Count: 376

Minifigures: Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Jeremy, Dee Dee, Isabella, 3 Fireside Girls, Buford, Baljeet, and Perry in snow gear

Includes: 2 Ski Lifts, Plastic hill (kind of like in Temple of the Crystal Skull except taller), 4 snow boards, 2 sleds, and Snow Cone Machine

Number of Minifigs: 12

Price: $ 29.99

Edited by BrickMonster MonsterBrick

I would, in all likelihood, clear the shop.

As would I and a good friend of mine. I think Wall-E would be a brilliant theme for Lego to take advantage of, it's amazingly popular.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I think Wall-E would be a brilliant theme for Lego to take advantage of, it's amazingly popular.
Would there really be any minifigs, though? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I never saw the movie. :blush:

Number of Minifigs: 12

Price: $ 29.99

That's a dream right there. Some of your ideas sound good. I honestly don't think TLG will do anymore then TS, PoP, and Cars. They'd be great. I'm hopeing for them but not keeping my hopes up. I can just image the beutiful figures! :wub:

Edited by JCC1004