just2good

9v Planes

How does it fly then? :tongue:

It's 9V enuogh. Hehehehe, poor quality video I know, but I did it in only half an hour. And it was fun, so meh.

But I still say it's a 9V plane.

Actually it's pretty darn good for 30 minutes, but I think you've missed the point; Shadows wanted to see destruction!

Actually it's pretty darn good for 30 minutes, but I think you've missed the point; Shadows wanted to see destruction!

Thanks. And what do you call that heap of LEGO at the end? And if Shadows wants to see a real tree plane crash, let's see him make one! :tongue:

Thanks. And what do you call that heap of LEGO at the end? And if Shadows wants to see a real tree plane crash, let's see him make one! :tongue:

If I want a new title, I can just go make it. Sort of defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it? I want to see someone else's LEGO smashed into a tree.

That said, it was a valiant effort you made. :thumbup:

Thanks for your kind words Shadows. And I don't think you'll find anyone stupid enough to drive their LEGO into a tree. :sad: Would be funny though... :devil:

Sinner is my resident technical expert, he's a real wanker about it, which just means he's damn good at the job. He says it's not, it's not.

You say the nicest things! :tongue:

Its kind of ironic that im the one who suggested the tree thing and that I once got clobbered by an electric plane. Mind you it wasnt lego so my head nor the plane explode :wacko:

Its a good idea but how is it going to fly? Anyway even if it was on land I would not get it, it would be a waste of my money! :tongue: But good idea! :classic:

The problem with making an aircraft out of Lego isn't getting an aerodynamic shape, a flat plate will generate lift after all. Just stick your hand out a moving car's window and angle it and you'll feel the air pushing your hand upwards,that's lift baby. The problem is getting the structure to be light enough and generating enough power using a 9v motor. Both are impossible as far as I'm concerned. I did make a lovely little Cessna 152 out of lego yesterday but I haven't taken any pictures so it's not going into a tree just yet, or ever.

I'm intrigued by the idea of making a lego glider and then launching it by running it down a long straight train track at full speed. I wonder.... * Gets out his old aerodynamics textbooks*

Laurie

This in an interesting topic though... I am not sure whether it is possible to create a 9V plane. How much speed can a 9V engine generate? And furthermore you'll need enough surface to create lift. But you can always create a beautiful non flying 9V plane :tongue:

I'm sure if someone put enough time into this, a real flying lego plane could be done. Itwould have to be somhitng much more powerfull thana 9v motor though. You'd have to look into RC car motors (real RC cars like Tamyia, HPI,Trintiy etc.., not the TRU brands.)

Excuse me, but who the megablocks invited you and your logic into this discussion? Now talk about smashing battery powered LEGO planes against trees or get out! :tongue:

Doofus. :laugh:

LOGIC ON TEH INTERWEBS???? :oh3:

i bet if u put a LOT of motors on teh plaine it would fly relly far!!!!

Edited by Algernon

New super deluxe and ultra cool title for the first person who builds a 9v LEGO plane and crashes it into a tree, while recording video that they share online.

i SO regret not having any railroad tracks or a 9v right now. But there's always Bricklink... ;)

Maybe you could hang up parallel rows of strings above your Lego town and make the plane move on them like a cable car, although it might be hard to hide the cable contact mechanism. :tongue:

Maybe you could hang up parallel rows of strings above your Lego town and make the plane move on them like a cable car, although it might be hard to hide the cable contact mechanism. :tongue:

Then the airplane would end up spilt all over the buildings & people of my town... messy! Nah, thanks. I need to think of a clean solution which would still be destructive enough to impress... (am I beginning to sound like a terrorist yet?!)

I just had the adea of a lego spacewood derby. For those who dont know a spacewood derby is when you take balsa wood and carve it up to be aerodynamic and then you but it on a string and realese it and then it goes far. It has rubber band in it so it goes. So that might work for lego?

How about building a launch track out of v9 track with a v9 engine running on it

When the engine gets to the end of the track the glider thats right a glider will have generated enough lift and will be able to sustain flight depending on how high it is launched from.

To add to the tom foolery in this topic how about someone filming themselves flying a red baron with a v9 motor in the seat.

My red baron is allready in peices (the damn thing won't go back together) :tongue:

Righto Imperial Shadows, I want my title!

Hehehe :tongue:

It's supposed to be "ultra cool." Try again. Just kidding. Nice work! I'd like to give animation a shot, but spend too much time with LEGO as it is

The problem with making an aircraft out of Lego isn't getting an aerodynamic shape, a flat plate will generate lift after all. Just stick your hand out a moving car's window and angle it and you'll feel [snip]

Laurie

This in an interesting topic t[snip]l non flying 9V plane :tongue:
I'm sure if som[snip]I,Trintiy etc.., not the TRU brands.)

OK, you three. What did I say you could do with your logic???! :hmpf_bad:

:tongue:

How about building a launch track out of v9 track with a v9 engine running on it

When the engine gets to the end of the track the glider thats right a glider will have generated enough lift and will be able to sustain flight depending on how high it is launched from.

To add to the tom foolery in this topic how about someone filming themselves flying a red baron with a v9 motor in the seat.

My red baron is allready in peices (the damn thing won't go back together) :tongue:

Do you have a brother name Orville, Mr. Wright? :wacko:

I will create a working lego glider with my logic Hinckley, just you watch.... I'm gonna use calculus and physics and everything! Muahahahaha!!!

Laurie

I will create a working lego glider with my logic Hinckley, just you watch.... I'm gonna use calculus and physics and everything! Muahahahaha!!!

Laurie

*huh* Oooh...logic monkey :hmpf_bad:

:tongue:

A logic monkey who comes with an anchor on his hat but drives a bus! Illogical you'd think, but perfectly logical in Fabuland!

Laurie :tongue:

C'mon, surley there is still room for logic amongst all this ...erm ... :laugh:

And by the way Hinckley, Yes, how ever did you guess? :grin:

Isn't anyone else going to smash a plane? Do I have to do everything?? :hmpf:

Isn't anyone else going to smash a plane? Do I have to do everything?? :hmpf:

I would but I value my pieces. But I would throw a lego plane you even if it has my pieces in it. :wink:

Edited by Natman4000