Sign in to follow this  
Algernon

Summer Agents 2009!

I missed this thread. Anyways, I'll post it here. :)

I saw on TRU website: LEGO Agents: Aerial Defense (8971) I was all set to use my gift cards to get it. Then I noticed they charge extra for Hawaii and they charged the tax. :( $100+. Yuck. I'll wait and see if the local TRU gets it. I have a feeling they will and it'll be on sale for $100+ anyways. :hmpf_bad:

Anybody else USA state side seen the sets elsewhere?

:wink: Thank you. :sweet: And to stick to the topic, all the new sets are available at the TRU website, but I haven't seen them in the stores yet.

Did anyone else notice that one of the villains in River Heist has GREEN Dooku hair :cry_happy: ?That would be perfect for a Joker custom!

(_)DDS(_)

Over the past few days I picked up 4-Wheeling Pursuit, River Heist and Aerial Defense unit. Of the three, I like the 4- wheeling pursuit the best. The jeep is great. I wish I has picked up the Robo attack instead of the Aerial Defense unit. The side doors are very awkward, and there isn't much room inside for minifigures. Infact, the interior is almost non-existent. The jet ski takes up half of it. I was hoping it was going to be more like the command center from last year.

:cry_sad: Want some now!

But then I still have Speedboat Rescue and Swamp Raid to build... Ok, so I am still impatient for the new sets because I need two of the new ones so I can make a start on my Volcano...

Oh, I can't wait. I think I'd just *squee* if I find it in TRU when I go to use my money off coupons (but in the UK we get new sets weeks after the US...)

Ho humm.

Toys R Us has them up here in Canada too, or so the site says. It has the Agents 2.0 sets, but in the weirdest category! Its not under the usual "Building Sets > Lego" its under "Other Toys". The only reason I saw it, was because it was in the "New Toys" section or something. Not sure if this is old news or not.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3574970

Edited by Fishy

They look good, more characters in Agents is always good.

Wow, those figs are awesome, and are at risk of selling me some of the sets I didn't think I was going to buy!

I don't see why Doctor D.Zaster couldn't have been slime-face - it would've still made sense, and they could've used the D.Zaster name-pun for a different villain. I really want Dollar Bill for his hair, classy evening jacket and the diamond head!

Is Magma Commander's head trans-orange? If so, I want that minifig... :cry_happy:

Aww.. Looks like TRU locally won't get in the sets till next week and they aren't sure on what day. But most of the sets, they are getting in is like 1 or2 of each. :( No holds or repurchases.aww. :cry_sad:

I am so impatient. I mean, really, really, reallly impatient. I want them now. Even though I should probably be saving a bit more money and still have one Agents set to get. :tongue: I can't wait for the new characters and parts to add to my collection.

While I wish D.Zaster had a different face, I love his name and am glad he is a different character to Squid Face. I'd like to use him as a rival to Inferno.

Magma Commander is sweet, love the face print, I'll definitely be getting that chopper set.

Dyna Mite is fantastic, though she's certainly one of the more busty figs made isn't she?

BUT! Dollar Bill has taken me completely by surprise, he is AWESOME! Seriously, I love his diamond eye and slicked back green hair, and his torso print is sweet!

Thanks for the pics Sir Dano.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

D.Zaster is an odd fig, but I'm sure it will be useful somehow. I love magna commander's face, it could go well with some UFO mocs. And Dollar bill is awesome, all he needs is a diamond topped cane :wub:

Niew figs looks cool! :thumbup:

I have an Idea!

Dollar Bill body and hair + Orc face= Orc Pimp :tongue:

Orc Pimps in two themes, Agents and Castle? Madness! But it's just crazy enough to work. :grin:

American prices, but looking great, thanks posades!

Well, looks like the pricing of Agents this year will be less than thought for me if those US prices are right.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't do the math.

Woah, according to bricklink, 4 wheeling pursuit comes with two fezes! That's great, makes me want it even more.

Crud. My TRU still says the Aerial Defense is still on teh shipping container outside the store. Still only 2 coming in.

Woah, according to bricklink, 4 wheeling pursuit comes with two fezes! That's great, makes me want it even more.

I can see them now you've pointed this out!

Great news, it should keep the price of fezes reasonable from the get-go.

I went to my local TRU in New York and they had the agents sets! I bought 4 wheelin pursuit, river heist :wub: , and robo attack Guess what! 2 Fez caps are in 4 wheelin pursuit Wooohoo!

Edit: Oh oops thats already been said

Edited by MarcusV3

I think these sets are all amazing, especially all of the new characters and armor pieces. Nice Job TLC! I will definately pick some up.

Edited by darthperson

I agree, and 2009 is definitely a good year for lego in general. Agents is a really good unique theme i think, i like it much more than the older agent themed stuff. I can't wait for all these new sets to show up here :cry_happy: