Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Should we be expecting the new Star Wars sets for August, or does anyone know if we could see them a bit earlier?

So I see people talking about Toys R Us jacking prices in the States, and it never really phased me because, besides everyone jacking prices here, TRU was always in line with everyone else. I thought it was a US phenomenon.

But yeah, they've got the LOTR stuff now and, perhaps not inexplicably, it's all more expensive than LEGO store pricing [just the LOTR stuff, by the way]. Which sorta stinks. I liked not having to think about pricing because LEGO was like books [if you shop at a major store, it's always the same or cheaper than anywhere else]. So much for that!

For the most part, Canadian TRU stores jack up the prices of significantly less sets than their US counterparts. Some themes seem to be relatively untouched by the phenomenon, while with other themes seemingly every set has been increased in price by a bit. Canadian TRUs have been raising prices on certain sets for nearly as long as I can remember, so it's not new to this year. The price jacking is pretty annoying, but up until the opening of the Lego stores (of which there are only a few in the entire country), TRU was the best source for finding Lego - so we had to bite the bullet and deal with the costs. Luckily they have sales pretty frequently. It'd be nice if we could ever get more than 20% off as a sale, but alas unlike the US such a deal is a rarity here.

I was over in Buffalo the last 2 days, and I couldn't find any Lego deals.

For example, 4434 Dump Truck is usally $24.99 here in Canada. At TRU in the US, it's also $24.99. WM over there did have them on for $19.99, however, but I can wait for a 25% off City sale to get it for that price here.

TRU even had some clearance Lego, but it was so unimpressive I can't even remember which sets they were...... :sceptic:

Yeah, that's how it usually works out. It's not worth going to USA to get those relatively small sets. It only makes a difference if you buy a large set. Also, there are lower taxes. :wink:

Obviously both series are available at the Toronto Stores now as this is a couple weeks later. I just picked up the last The Werewolf set.

The PaB wall had some alright pieces...but they had a few grab bags which had some interesting mixes...and in the back, they had:

• #30239 Green Plant Leaves 6 x 5 Swordleaf with Clip
  • #6079 - Fence 1 x 8 x 2 2/3
  • Tan and DBG Palisade 1x2 bricks
  • Trans-clear cheese slopes
  • Regular picket fences
  • Dark tan 2 x 2 tiles

I missed the 1x3x4 trans-clear panes, and the 2x6x6 windows, as well as the DBG 6x16 plates! *oh2*

The guy at the store said they have coming in some pink and purple parts...mostly trans...that will be interesting!

I'm assuming you're talking about the Fairview store? There's also 2x2 red tiles, larger wheels and 'narrow' tires (need two tires per wheel with those...hopefully will have the proper size tires, soon), light grey click hinges (male and female sides) and a few other bits and bobs.

Hey guys! Has anyone seen the new Batman Jet-ski polybagin stores yet? I could really use that new Batman Cowl!

Hey guys! Has anyone seen the new Batman Jet-ski polybagin stores yet? I could really use that new Batman Cowl!

Bought mine end of April at TRU. Awesome set for only $4.99.

Bought mine end of April at TRU. Awesome set for only $4.99.

\ouch, that came out a while ago... Okay, I'll have to go and check it out. :classic:

I'm assuming you're talking about the Fairview store? There's also 2x2 red tiles, larger wheels and 'narrow' tires (need two tires per wheel with those...hopefully will have the proper size tires, soon), light grey click hinges (male and female sides) and a few other bits and bobs.

What kind of wheels and tires are we talking about here? Unfortunately Sherway has gotten none of the things mentioned here so far... :cry_sad:

What kind of wheels and tires are we talking about here? Unfortunately Sherway has gotten none of the things mentioned here so far... :cry_sad:

I was at Sherway their opening day. The line was a good 150 ft long! Sherway's pick-a-brick seems to have just plates and normal bricks mostly.

So...

Anyone going to Brickfete this weekend? Either as an attendee or on public day?

I'll be there :grin:

I'll be there!

Cool! We should hang out!

Cool! We should hang out!

I'm going on the 15th with a friend :classic: I'll be sure to say hi! :sweet:

I'll be there. Do we identify ourselves with Torolug badges? :classic:

I was at Sherway their opening day. The line was a good 150 ft long! Sherway's pick-a-brick seems to have just plates and normal bricks mostly.

Fairview is actually the better store. The PAB wall there only has the small slicks for wheels, but if you ask for the bigger wheels, they do have them. I can't remember if they were the 55981 - Wheel 30.4 x 14 with Pin Hole, Fake Bolts and Shallow Spokes, or the 30285 - Wheel 30.4 x 14 (Tread Small Hub). They also have the narrow tires that fit the wheels (you need 2 tires per wheel).

Are you working the Sci-fi section again? If so...I will hunt you down or somebody there...as I have a technical technique question to ask you. :classic:

Are you working the Sci-fi section again? If so...I will hunt you down or somebody there...as I have a technical technique question to ask you. :classic:

Yup. Though scifi is wayyyyyy bigger this year. But I will be most happy to work out your question with you - or find some one that can :classic:

Yup. Though scifi is wayyyyyy bigger this year. But I will be most happy to work out your question with you - or find some one that can :classic:

Awesome...look forward to it. I'll see you Sunday. Last year's Scifi was awesome...look forward to this year's!

It's a really stupid question I have I think...but I'm stumped. I'm a Noob. :wacko:

It's a really stupid question I have I think...but I'm stumped. I'm a Noob. :wacko:

There are no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid answers. And if I know Simon, he's full of them :tongue: . Kidding.

There are no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Funny this...but in the words of the great Dogbert which I just read again last night for a funny coincidence:

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?

:laugh: :laugh:

There are no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid answers. And if I know Simon, he's full of them :tongue: . Kidding.

:grin:

I see my reputation precedes me :devil:

And for the record it actually is really hard and requires a lot of thought to come up with stupid answers...

My wife always says "let's move to Canada." Mostly because of the hot weather, but also because of the other great things we hear about the north. My question, is Canada really as great as we think it is? :tongue:

I've always been a fan, but never been able to visit yet. I don't know how well my job will translate to that country, but it might be easier than I think.

Edited by TheLegoDr

My wife always says "let's move to Canada." Mostly because of the hot weather, but also because of the other great things we here about the north. My question, is Canada really as great as we think it is? :tongue:

I've always been a fan, but never been able to visit yet. I don't know how well my job will translate to that country, but it might be easier than I think.

Hot Weather? :tongue: You must mean back where you are, I just witnessed a thunderstorm last night. :tongue:

Hot Weather? :tongue: You must mean back where you are, I just witnessed a thunderstorm last night. :tongue:

I agree. Usually it's definitely not hot here! Although today was a rare exception. 32° (Celsius) here in Manitoba!

My wife always says "let's move to Canada." Mostly because of the hot weather, but also because of the other great things we here about the north. My question, is Canada really as great as we think it is? :tongue:

Southern Ontario is basically the same as USA in terms of weather, but the people of Canada are generally nicer than Americans. And we have free healthcare!

The only downside I can see is taxes and costlier Lego! :laugh: