Oky

Star Wars

Darth Maul is getting a backstory comic series in Feburary. 

Definitely looking forward to seeing what admiral raddus and moroff will do.

I'm trying not to watch many more of these trailers or clips for Rogue One but this one has me so hyped. 

Breathe Teaser

Edited by Forresto

21 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I'm trying not to watch many more of these trailers or clips for Rogue One but this one has me so hyped. 

Breathe Teaser

That accompanying drum beat is amazing! As is the music at the end.

Discovered a rather interesting fan film explaining the history of the Rebel Alliance between Episode III and Rogue One today. The new Canon makes a lot more sense than that garbled mess we got with The Force Unleashed... 

I was just looking at my Visual Guide to the Force Awakens and my Essential Atlas and noticed something rather peculiar.

Ilum and Starkillerbase inhabit the exact same position in both glactic maps. They are both ice planets. The upsated canon map stays true to the original atlas map so clearly they must certainly be the same.

Just got back.

The most 'intense' SW movie to date. I'd almost say visually a masterpiece.

Still, one negative thing (although many would disagree with me on this)

Spoiler

everybody dies. Depressing, very depressing. I know why they did it....but still.

7 hours ago, Forresto said:

I was just looking at my Visual Guide to the Force Awakens and my Essential Atlas and noticed something rather peculiar.

Ilum and Starkillerbase inhabit the exact same position in both glactic maps. They are both ice planets. The upsated canon map stays true to the original atlas map so clearly they must certainly be the same.

That's weird because when we saw Ilum in TCW there were no trees. Although In the Ahsoka book the empire was practically half destroying it by mining. Which could leave space for someone to build in the area.

Rewatching from the start, one a day until Tuesday when I see it, I looked into more about Sifo Dyas. I've read some interesting finger pointing at who people think it is. From Darth Maul to Qui-Gon Jinn to a play on Sidious. The most convincing theory is that it was Dooku posing as Dyas. Afterall, it was Dooku(Tyrannus) who hired Jango for the cloning. 

I'm getting ready to watch Ep. 3. I  sort of remember the talk between Palpatine & Anakin...I'm pretty sure Dyas was the other Sith in the discussion, but I can't remember the dialogue. 

What are your guys' theories on who the impostor Dyas was? Since we know the real one died before the request for clones forth. 

Edited by Vindicare

I haven't thought much about it, my guess is the same as yours, that it was Dooku in secrecy.

On December 14, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Vindicare said:

Rewatching from the start, one a day until Tuesday when I see it, I looked into more about Sifo Dyas. I've read some interesting finger pointing at who people think it is. From Darth Maul to Qui-Gon Jinn to a play on Sidious. The most convincing theory is that it was Dooku posing as Dyas. Afterall, it was Dooku(Tyrannus) who hired Jango for the cloning. 

I'm getting ready to watch Ep. 3. I  sort of remember the talk between Palpatine & Anakin...I'm pretty sure Dyas was the other Sith in the discussion, but I can't remember the dialogue. 

What are your guys' theories on who the impostor Dyas was? Since we know the real one died before the request for clones forth. 

If you want to find out who Sifo dyas is I advise you to check out Star Wars the clone wars lost missions arc that deals with why the clones were created. 

Edited by ChiefPie

1 hour ago, ChiefPie said:

Apparently Carrie Fisher has had a heart attack on a plane today. I hope she gets better!

She's reportedly in critical condition. I don't know if she's gonna make it out of this :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, ChiefPie said:

Apparently Carrie Fisher has had a heart attack on a plane today. I hope she gets better!

My parents mentioned the event that the Cardiac Arrest that happened to her possibly could have caused a loss of oxygen and potential brain damage. Considering her issues smoking, drinking, and using cocaine back in the day it is no wonder her health is shot. If she doesn't make it or suffers brain damage, Disney will have to write her out off future episodes.

6 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

My parents mentioned the event that the Cardiac Arrest that happened to her possibly could have caused a loss of oxygen and potential brain damage. Considering her issues smoking, drinking, and using cocaine back in the day it is no wonder her health is shot. If she doesn't make it or suffers brain damage, Disney will have to write her out off future episodes.

It was on landing so they were able to rush her off to the hospital.  She's recovering.
Disney could still CGI her like at the end of Rogue One assuming her estate gives permission or it's permitted in her contract with Disney. 

The stable condition thing was, sadly, a misreport. She is in ICU and not even her brother who is there in person has heard anything solid about her condition for hours now. Things are... not looking too bright right now.

Hang in there, Your Highness. This is our most desperate hour.

5 hours ago, Cody Startale said:

The stable condition thing was, sadly, a misreport. She is in ICU and not even her brother who is there in person has heard anything solid about her condition for hours now. Things are... not looking too bright right now.

Hang in there, Your Highness. This is our most desperate hour.

Hope she makes it, because it would be so heartbreaking to see Kylo Ren kill another original trilogy character in Star Wars Episode 8

2016 has killed off another star. Not only am I shocked by this news, but terribly saddened too. She was such an iconic actress and a strong symbol for women in cinema. May the Force be with her. ?

13 minutes ago, Cody Startale said:

She didn't make it. Carrie Fisher has died.

Rest in peace, princess...

2016 takes another victim. RIP Carrie Fisher, you will never be forgotten.

Edited by Ordinareo

10 minutes ago, Cody Startale said:

She didn't make it. Carrie Fisher has died.

Rest in peace, princess...

Not surprised. When the news came out my parents (who are both registered nurses) said Carrie was going to suffer severe brain damage due to the Cardiac Arrest. They speculated that the family was going to keep her on a ventilator until sometime after Christmas day was finished, and then probably let her go.

I feel especially sorry for Debbie Renyolds. It is sad whenever a parent has to outlive their child.

Deeply saddened by this. No 2016 celebrity death has hit me quite like this one. Rest in peace, your worshipfulness, and enjoy your reunion with R2-D2 (Kenny Baker, whom we have lost earlier this year.)