hey Jacob Nion, I like your armies, they are big, imo, but I was wondering where did you get that small, white beard, in the last photo. I like that beard.

hey Jacob Nion, I like your armies, they are big, imo, but I was wondering where did you get that small, white beard, in the last photo. I like that beard.

I think it's from the Garden Gnome in the CMF-series.

A handful of customized Orcs...

9021049845_560bcbeea9_z.jpg

And footsoldiers of Middle-Earth...

9021047517_fa48a152af_z.jpg

Edited by Karlson

Here's sir Kejtar and the troops that gave him their allegiance.

9146061176_a26b5ff3a0.jpg

My other troops include:

- two bands of elves (lets call them tree elves and high plains elves) including 4 elf warriors and one female warrior for the tree elves and 2 male warriors and 4 female warriors for the high plains elves

- lion knights - 3 mounted knights and their lord, 1 swordsman, 6 pikeman and 2 crossbowman

- crownies - 2 mounted and 4 swordsman, 5 pikeman, 6 halberd guards and 3 crossbowman

- band of rogues - 2 mounted knighs, 4 swordsman, 3 pikeman and 5 crossbowman

plus a mix of others who don't make a troop big enough by themselves to qualify for a mention

Edited by Ludzik

Kind of interesting how things can grow in a short time.... by now I have 2 bands of elves

• Tree elves grew considerably - I am now up to 12 of them. There are 4 females in the bunch.
  • Lowland elves, haven't grown any (they're yellow faced - few available in sets nowadays and I'm more partial to fleshies at the moment).

• Dwarves - well, there are 10 fleshie dwarves and still only 3 yellow dwarve

• Dragon knights (various eras heraldry used) 4 swordsman, 2 crossbowman, 6 pikeman

• Black falcons (augmented with heraldry from the kingdom joust) 3 mounted, 5 pikeman and 2 bowman

Lion knights and crownies are kinda combined for me as the heraldry mixes through the years. I look at them as royal knights and have them augmented with the CMF knights (the grey shield ones).

• Crownies :
    • 2 mounted
    • 6 foot swordsman
    • 1 standard bearer

[*]Lion knights

• 5 mounted (one is the king)
    • 3 foot swordsman
    • 11 pikeman
    • 1 axe bearer
    • 7 crossbowman

• Rogues number is the same but they're reorganized. They use the bad guy heraldry from the new castle sets as well as the evil knight shields. Thre I have
    • 2 mounted
    • 4 pikeman
    • 4 swordsman
    • 4 cross bowman

Now on to my "pride and joy" - troop of 44, which is still a work in progress: sir Kejtar's loyal troops. Here I use the heraldry from the new Hobbit sets (those brown shields are really really nice), the elf CMF shields (green tree), mirkwood elf poly shield, Rohan shield (they all kind of fit together and are grouped by "troops"). Lastly I use orc grey shields for one of the soldier troops.

• 4 mounted with the new hobbit shields
  • 2 mounted with mirkwood elf shields
  • 4 mounted with CMF elf shields
  • 5 mounted with the Rohan shields
  • 9 pikeman with Rohan shields
  • 6 long bowman
  • 14 pikeman with the orc shields led by an axe bearer (total 15 troops here)

This makes the grand total of various troops come up to 149 (that's not counting 7 recruits who have not been assigned yet). I have to say that in the beginning of the year I didn't expect to grow that big! Now if I can only get better in taking pictures I'd post them all up!

Edited by Ludzik

Wow, all these armies are so big! Trying to compensate for something?

But seriously, I am very jealous of not only how large your armies are, but the fact that your LEGO fund is large enough to get them.

But seriously, I am very jealous of not only how large your armies are, but the fact that your LEGO fund is large enough to get them.

well.. fund is not super big but loads of trading and some great deals resulted in growth for me :) Now I'm trying to figure out how to get plenty horses so that I can mount more of my knights.

Here

Thanks!

That's a cool set up.

Thanks!

Here's the royal lion crownies

Since my last post they grew a bit (by 1 pikeman and 1 crossbowman)

Lion knights and crownies are kinda combined for me as the heraldry mixes through the years. I look at them as royal knights and have them augmented with the CMF knights (the grey shield ones).

• Crownies :
    • 2 mounted
    • 6 foot swordsman
    • 1 standard bearer

[*]Lion knights

• 5 mounted (one is the king)
    • 3 foot swordsman
    • 12 pikeman
    • 1 axe bearer
    • 8 crossbowman

Pics aren't best... I still don't know how to best photograph them as a troop and I don't want to break them up into squads for pics...

11224099804_717f65a2e1.jpg

11224102636_7a36cce15f.jpg

11224189633_6721d44fa2.jpg

I've been watching this thread for ages and there are some amazing armies!

I haven't got many photos done yet as I am still testing what works and what looks good with what. Here are a few pics from my Flickr, the second one is showing some custom colouring I did with the Dragon helmet:

11011265013_50c4720542_z.jpg

11209949666_72614c08dd_c.jpg

Edited by vlad06

Nice! Is that a custom large lion shield? That dragon knight prototype is cool!

Yea the shield is custom, do you know how I can post the Flickr photo like people do on the other posts, so that they link to the Flickr photostream? :)

Thanks

Nicely done. I really like that oval lion shield. There were prototypes of that a long time ago, but they never made production. That white Dragon knight helmet is cool, but I don't think it fits with the rest of the figure. I picture white more with a gray instead of the abrupt shift to black.

Keep up the good work!

Very nice armies! I have to agree with TheLegoDr, vlad. The white, black and blue are a little jarring. Maybe it's the fact there is blue in there.

Yea the shield is custom, do you know how I can post the Flickr photo like people do on the other posts, so that they link to the Flickr photostream? :)

Thanks

Shield is great! That's one of the things I wanna do one of these days as I like the oval shields much better. It'd be cool to get an oval black falcon shield or maybe a rectangular one? :)

Btw, to share a flickr pic with a link to the stream i go to the pic, click the sharing icon and choose the one that looks like a pin and post the link it generates here :)

My current Middle-Earth Armies:

The Servants of Sauron:

Grunts - 14 Uruk Pikes, 8 Uruk Swords, 11 Uruk Scouts, 1 Berserker, 6 Gundabad Swords, 6 Elite Gundabad Orcs, 10 Orcs Crossbows, 8 Orc Swords, 6 Orcs Axes, 3 Goblin Town Orcs, 2 Moria Orcs, 1 Cave Troll. Total = 76

Leaders - Azog, Lurtz, The Great Goblin, Yazneg.

Other (not in picture) - The Necromancer, Saruman, Grima Wormtongue, The Mouth of Sauron, 2 Nazgul on Horse, 4 Haradrim (custom), 5 Corsairs (4 custom), Daisy the White Warg, 1 Grey Warg, 4 Brown Wargs, two Mirkwood Spiders, Shelob.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legoman-1/LOTR/orc_army1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legoman-1/LOTR/orc_army2.jpg

The Free Peoples of Middle-Earth:

Grunts - 8 Mirkwood Archers, 4 Mirkwood Swords, 4 Rohan Archers, 3 Rohan Swords, 6 Rohirrim, 2 Mirkwood Wine Cellar Guards, 2 Soldiers of the Dead, 1 Laketown Guard. Total = 30

Leaders - Gandalf the Grey/White, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Boromir, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo, Thorin, Balin, Dwalin, Oin, Gloin, Fili, Kili, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Ori, Nori, Elrond (both Second and Third Ages), Arwen, Thranduil, Tauriel, Haldir, Theoden, Eomer, Eowyn (custom), The Master of Laketown, Radagast, Beorn, Bard, the King of the Dead.

Other (not in picture) - 2 Great Eagles, Treebeard.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legoman-1/LOTR/photo_1-2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legoman-1/LOTR/photo_2-2.jpg

Hopefully LEGO gives us a good Gondor army builder next year, as well as more Elves, Lake-men and Dwarf warriors for the BO5A.