Is that a brown dwarf helmet I see?.

Yup his head is barely popping up amongs the crowd :classic:

Those are some nice elephants burkey!

Yup his head is barely popping up amongs the crowd :classic:

Those are some nice elephants burkey!

Thanks Grimmy. They will have a rider and two archers in 'the box' then have 20 orcs (speckle helmet, body armour, large orc shield and bley orc sword or halberd.) 4 units like this - they're the slow, armourded orc/troll force,

Good catch Dillon.

It does look like a brown Dwarf helmet. I heard of some sneaking through without getting the copper put on them but I haven't seen a picture of one yet. I wonder how valuable those will be? However if you cvan brasso off the copper and get a lot of brown helmets I guess it won't be too valuable.

Nice army Burkey. I can't wait to see them all set up and ready for parade. I like the elephants as well. Thanks for sharing.

I looked through the thread from beginning to end and I can't help but notice that about 75-80% of the armies posted are made up of mini figures from the current castle line. This leads me to believe that there are very few forum goers who own or are familiar with the old school classic Lego Castle. Just an interesting observation I had that surprised me. When I have some time I will post my armies that consist of mostly classic castle figures.

Some very impressive mini figure collections here! :thumbup:

Well, I've seen quite a few armies mostly built out of the basic, widely available Crown figs. Many people buy multiples of the Knight impulse set, for example, as it gives them a footsoldier as well as knight's equipment for a second fig.

I myself tend to custom-build all my soldiers. If you check out my Brickshelf, you'll see that even my most basic Crownies have legs, arms and heads that are different from the stock figs, and as I always buy new, I suppose they all count as expensive. My Crown knights come from the Final Joust set, but I outfitted them with new legs, arms, helmets and white plumes. Again: expensive. :classic:

Not to mention the other factions where I use multiples of the black quiver and bow, samurai helmets, ninja wraps, forestman shields, tan arms, obscure Power Miners heads, etc. So the average cost of my footsoldiers is around $5, and the knights are well above $10 each.

As for the more expensive special figs (wizards, new king, orc king & queen, golden knight, female figs), I usually buy just one of each and use them as distinct high-ranking persons or civilian characters, as opposed to the 12-copies-of-the-same-face units of my armies.

Fortunately, I don't collect non-human characters, so it's a bit easier to justify my set purchases by selling off the orcs, trolls, dwarves & co.

Thanks for the answer. That's a nice looking armies. Well I missed out on most of the crownie sets, so I guess I will have to wait until the next castle line to come out before I can bulk up on minifigs. My crownies will be some small detachment with the golden knight as a general or something. I made the second one into a golden knight armor on generic gray minifig and left his torso/legs intact for a golden knight squire. He could be the general's right hand or something. So I turned my 2 golden knights into 3. I hope they release another set like the final joust. It has horses, armor, and weapons!. Not sure what the dwarves and orcs will be, assuming they don't continue the fantasy trend.

I looked through the thread from beginning to end and I can't help but notice that about 75-80% of the armies posted are made up of mini figures from the current castle line. This leads me to believe that there are very few forum goers who own or are familiar with the old school classic Lego Castle. Just an interesting observation I had that surprised me. When I have some time I will post my armies that consist of mostly classic castle figures.

Some very impressive mini figure collections here! :thumbup:

I'm hearing you Nicker. I would love to have a BF army like this:

Insane Black Falcon Army

Truth is, I swapped from Castle to Technic 'back in the day.' Decades late (2007) and I was looking for a hobby: War Hammer or Lego® Castle Fantasy line (I have poor hand function from a disease like MS - reacquaintance with Lego® Technic was out!); guess which was the winner :tongue:

I have bought some additional troops so here's a new post with updated photos. First off we have the entire army, about seventy guys or so, not counting the animals:

dscn1538s.jpg

Here is a closeup of the undead and the trorcs and troblins, as you can see i have rebuilt a lot of them and given the poorly armored skellies some proper heavy infantry. Most of the skellies are from PaB, that's why they have the smiley face:

dscn1524bs.jpg

A closeup of the crown prince in all his splendor. As you can see i try to get as much details and equipment on my minifigs as possible, rather than having a lot of troops. This means all crownies have printed torsos under their armor, both hands occupied, armor on skellies etc.

dscn1533s.jpg

Most castle fans on here have at least $100 worth of figs. I am really impressed! I am working on building 2 castle armys, Crownies and Trorcs. Crownie army will have 2 mounted soldiers, 2 marksmen, 1 Knight with a large warhammer, and 10 regular impulse set footroops. My Trorc army will have 2 berserkers, 8 regular, 2 mounted, 4 pikemen, and a Dragon riding warlord.

All minifigs from period 1984-1988 (except 1584) :classic: :

1jgwgi.jpg

Not actually an army, but a very carefully assembled group of noble knights :classic: :

m5TYi.jpg

A pride of my display shelf - the chrome squad :classic: :

m6rTi.jpg

1jgwgi.jpg

Not actually an army, but a very carefully assembled group of noble knights :classic: :

m5TYi.jpg

m6rTi.jpg

Epic. 8D

Very Cool army and very nicely displayed.

Neat display idea! Are these mounted on something or laid out on a table? Your army of mounted knights is very impressive.

There is some very cool armies, and I have...

7 crownies

11 wolfpack

2 trolls

1 dwarf

2 blackfalcon

5 royal knights

I hope to gain a lot more of the upcoming knights :classic:

Edited by Alex the Great

my humble fantasy era army,,

DSCN1195.jpg

DSCN1198.jpg

DSCN1199.jpg

DSCN1200.jpg

DSCN1202.jpg

DSCN1203.jpg

and this is my overall picture of may castle fantasy era,,

DSCN1193.jpg

sorry for my blurry photo,,

Edited by SiRoa

Very impressive SiRoa! Do you buy many of the battlepacks, or are most of your figures acquired through the regular sets?

Very impressive SiRoa! Do you buy many of the battlepacks, or are most of your figures acquired through the regular sets?

through regular set (included advent calendar and battle packs) but I buy many 7092, 7009, 7093, castle tic tac toe and skeleton battle pack,, cause I like skeletons,,

@Sir Dillon

These were just laid out on a table for a photo session :classic:.

I also have a lot of "additional" old-type forces, as well as a complete fantasy era (no nice photos though).

The Wizards

zXXsr.jpg

The Knights

1bcH_A.jpg

These were kind of a left over from assembling my barded knights collection.

Edited by boba_jagoda

Hi All

Just want to share a couple pics of my cavalry. We will have a local "army builder month" on March and some AFOL, including myself, is in army building mode :tongue:

Currently focusing in building the cavalry while waiting for some parts for my infantry

P1010170.jpg

P1010168.jpg

Cheers

Dickson

Hi All

Just want to share a couple pics of my cavalry. We will have a local "army builder month" on March and some AFOL, including myself, is in army building mode :tongue:

Currently focusing in building the cavalry while waiting for some parts for my infantry

P1010168.jpg

Cheers

Dickson

Can you show us pictures of the men in the background? Looks impressive. :thumbup:

Hi All!

I'm a LEGO knight fan and used to think I had a great army, but after finding this site for the first time (today), I realize I'm a peon..

I look forward to exploring the community more!

I do have a newbie question for you'all though - I just started a website devoted to images of cool castle armies, is it okay to re-post the awesome armies you've shared here? Should I reference user name?

Thanks!

my army:

post-9227-1264130391.jpg

post-9227-1264130398.jpg

Edited by brick-stop

Can you show us pictures of the men in the background? Looks impressive. :thumbup:

Hi lead general, thank you for the comment .. i don't have latest pic on the army in the background .. but these were some of their photos taken few months back

Army1.jpg

army2-1.jpg

to brick-stop .... warm welcome to the community

Cheers

Dickson