cartoondude

Droid Commandos

I saw that new episode of the CW called "Rookies" and i thought the Droid Commandos were awesome.

I made this connection:

Art4118167.jpg

8016_hyena_droid_bomber.jpg

=

Droid_commando.jpg

Droid_commando_sword.jpg

I sure hope that TLC making them means that they will appear in future CW episodes. :laugh:

I would like to see a Republic Command Gunship up against a battalion of Droid Commandos.

Edited by cartoondude

Hm. Interesting connection you made there! :thumbup: I found the commandos pretty cool as well, and thought that it would be great to get minifigs of them, but I wouldn't have thought that these were supposed to be them. That's probably because they don't look very much like 'em. :sceptic: I mean, they could have at least made the heads dark bley like their limbs since the originals have completely dark heads. Then again, that could be a sign that these minifigs aren't supposed to be the commandos, but a new, never-before-seen kind of Jet(pack) Droid, as previously assumed. That would explain the jetpacks. But on the other hand, considering that the makers of the show tend to reuse models as new things, these droids could be a reuse of the commandos with jetpacks attached to them and maybe a slightly new color scheme.

But if they are supposed to be the commandos, I hope the current design of the minifigs is preliminary. As mentioned above, I'd like to see some recoloring, and perhaps even a new head mold (the commandos' heads are smaller so that they fit a clone helmet).

Oh well, I guess we'll find out once the episode where these droids appear airs. :wink:

Perhaps this thread belongs into the 2009 Pics & Rumors topic?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Nice spotting.

I think we've discussed this before and the answer we came up with was that yes, they're commandos.

The pics you've added are preliminary pictures and might be liable to change, though I sadly think they wont.

Those pesky dark red droids are what we're getting.

@as for moving this to the 2009 thread, I'll do that later today. :thumbup:

I sure hope that TLC making them means that they will appear in future CW episodes. :laugh:

I would like to see a Republic Command Gunship up against a battalion of Droid Commandos.

2951651241_c226bf0dcd.jpg

You mean something like that?

I saw that on Legoworld2008

Those pesky dark red droids are what we're getting.

Why is everyone saying they're dark red? :wacko: They clearly look brown to me. :look:

Why is everyone saying they're dark red? :wacko: They clearly look brown to me. :look:

Hmm they could be reddish-brown.

You might be right - if so I have no option but to call the bounty hunters...

Sorry about that :vader:

I guess they could be Droid commandos apart from they never had jet packs I think? In the pic with the white background i think they look almost orange. I think just plain black Battle Droids would be better as commandos.

Yeah they could be earth orange when looking at that specific picture.

I guess we'll just have wait and see

I always thought these were the space droids from the pod hunter, are they called commandos? I really don't know, but to me these look identical to the ones from Rising Malevolence :sceptic:

Rocket Battle Droid

Well this is embarressing, yes that, what he said V (I fixed it anyway :tongue: )

Edited by Razzer

I always thought these were the space droids from the pod hunter, are they called commandos? I really don't know, but to me these look identical to the ones from Rising Malevolence :sceptic:

EDIT: I just checked Wookieepedia, they're called http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rocket_battle_droid

Hmm.

Your link is defect.

Could you please fix it?

EDIT: You intended this as the link?

I though that they were rocket Battle Droids from a pod hunter after seeing that episode as well but the ship doesn't really fit.

I though that they were rocket Battle Droids from a pod hunter after seeing that episode as well but the ship doesn't really fit.

I was just about to say that

I saw that new episode of the CW called "Rookies" and i thought the Droid Commandos were awesome.

I made this connection:

I don´t think that these figures are droid commandos, because:

Droid Commando heads are different from regular BD heads.

These droids are darkred/darkgrey

These droids have got jetpacks and fly in space. It doesn´t look to me that the Commandos have got Jetpacks.

It looks clearly darkred for me. Like republic markings.

Rocket Battle Droid

Well this is embarressing, yes that, what he said V (I fixed it anyway :tongue: )

I don´t think that the Hyena droids are these ones, too. The color scheme is in the show tan. Maybe the Hyena droids apear in another episode.

Its a nice set,

It looks even nicer on display next to me as i type!

You built that! Awesome. I noticed only half of the bomber had bombs on, do the Droids clip on underneath?

Yeah i kinda see the resemblance, the clone wars screenshots make me wish the episodes in the UK weren't shown on sky movies(which you have to pay for) :sad:

Edited by randomparrot

I don´t think that these figures are droid commandos, because:

Droid Commando heads are different from regular BD heads.

These droids are darkred/darkgrey

These droids have got jetpacks and fly in space. It doesn´t look to me that the Commandos have got Jetpacks.

Remember, though: do we really expect TLC to dish out for new heads, torsos, and colors? You have a point about the jetpacks, though.

Droids against the ARC trooper gunship? Scrap metal. :tongue:

Remember, though: do we really expect TLC to dish out for new heads, torsos, and colors? You have a point about the jetpacks, though.

We get new heads quite often (1 or 2 a year) and I think that normal plastic droid-heads are cheaper than rubber Alien-heads. The torso could have been from the Magna Guard and from what I know is darkred a little bit more expensive than normal dark grey.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Thanks for sharing that. I hope those droids either arent Droid Commandos or are just preliminary ones. Those Commandos were so badass and it would be a shame for such cool droids to be made without using an accurate design.

what about the assassins droid bp? could that be related to the droid commandos?

They could be because there are a few of them and some are black. I think these are the pod hunter droids and w will see the ship in a later episode of the Clone wars tv show perhaps today's?

Nice find! But there is a problem: I think the episode before, Destroy Malevolence, there were droids that looked EXACTLY like the ones in the bomber set.

what about the assassins droid bp? could that be related to the droid commandos?

In a trailer for the TV show are some scenes with Anakin and Ahsoka in ponchos, fighting against some droids, that look like IG-88. I think the BP is ajar at this episode.

Yeah when i saw that seen i thought: why the hell are they wearing ponchos?

anyway back on topic we need droid commandos. Who's for a Rishi station set with Rex, Cody, Echo, Hevy, Fives and some droid commandos?!

Nice find! But there is a problem: I think the episode before, Destroy Malevolence, there were droids that looked EXACTLY like the ones in the bomber set.

those were the pod hunter droids, mentioned in the post just before yours?