Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Dragon's Retreat

Oh mein Gott. This is amazing! The overall look of this diorama is just awesome, with the fantastic building, the neat little bridge and pathway, the quaint river and the humble farm.

[snip]

I better wrap up now, there's only so many complimentary words I can reuse before I start drawling away... :grin: I can say this was well worth the wait. It's good to see that 1x2 brick pattern looks good, I'm planning on using that when I redesign King's Castle Siege to modular building quality. :wink: So, my final opinion, definately a stunning creation, two thumbs up. :thumbup: :thumbup: Also, I really like that tree stump... :tongue:

~Peace

Wow, thanks for all the compliments mate. :laugh: It's good to know you like it so much. I like the tree stump too, it sure is one cool piece of vegetation. :grin: I'm looking forward to seeing your King's Castle Siege re-design! :sweet:

Dear Dragonator,

thats a very beautyfully designed house! I like the landscaping and bridge design.

Sorry for the late reply, but my computer died on me again.... :cry_sad:

Now I'm working from an older computer.

I've read most of the replies and think most has been said already.

So thumb up from me to you. :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thanks Teddy, I'm glad you like it. :classic:

Well Done Dragonator!!! :thumbup:

That's a really cool creation, and I'm glad it won first prize, it deserves it!

I'm still building my Keep, but awaiting the BL orders, but I must say, you've added a lot of detail, along with Calvin... Who we all know was an assistant traitor... :tongue::laugh: (and the cellar keeper could be carrying explosives... :wink: )

And I like the arrow slits, i'll have to try my hand at some of those... :sweet:

The bridge is a nice touch too, along with the doorway

It's awesome! :grin:

Edited by Inertia

I'm still building my Keep, but awaiting the BL orders, but I must say, you've added a lot of detail, along with Calvin... Who we all know was an assistant traitor... :tongue::laugh: (and the cellar keeper could be carrying explosives... :wink: )

I'm looking forward to seeing your keep when it's finished. Explosives you say? Now that could make things interesting... :devil:

Looks great! Would be great as a centerpiece in a Medieval town! :thumbup:

Possibly, although it is meant to be in the countryside. :grin:

Edited by Dragonator

I'm looking forward to seeing your keep when it's finished. Explosives you say? Now that could make things interesting... :devil:

:laugh: Magical explosives...

As for the keep, i'm still trying to work out how you and teddy do the arrow slits... even at work... :laugh::grin::sweet:

Edited by Inertia

:laugh: Magical explosives...

As for the keep, i'm still trying to work out how you and teddy do the arrow slits... even at work... :laugh::grin::sweet:

Just to clarify, this is one of Lord Dagonator's holiday houses, not Dragons Keep. That's coming later. :wink:

As for the arrow slits, I tried to describe how they are made earlier in the discussion. Read that and hopefully you'll get it. :classic:

I really like how you have used the 2x1 bricks to actually represent bricks. A clever idea that is not often used. Because truth be told, they do look like large stones in the wall. I really like this MOC although when you specify some familiar faces, I have no idea. Maybe it's just because I'm new to the castle forum?

Very impressive work! Can't find a single thing I don't like about this project! When you get more bricks, have you thought about making an interior? Or perhaps carving out the base from the backside and adding a dragon cave?

Keep up the great work!

[snip] I really like this MOC although when you specify some familiar faces, I have no idea. Maybe it's just because I'm new to the castle forum?

You would have to have been involved in Mystery Castle or the EBRP to recognise the people. :wink:

[snip] When you get more bricks, have you thought about making an interior? Or perhaps carving out the base from the backside and adding a dragon cave?

Funnily enough, I was actually originally going to have a dragon cave, except I didn't have enough slopes to do it the way I wanted to, so I left it. As for an interior, I don't think I will do one, it would be to much trouble. I'd rather get to work on my next MOC. :grin:

True. If you take out the dragon warriors, you can turn it into a bank, a town hall, or even an inn or tavern! The possibilities are endless!

A truly beautiful creation, Dragonator. :wub:

The facading on the walls of the house is great, the slopes and arches, as well as the lovely windows really make the castle come alive. The various dragon pieces on the house is a very nice touch, and really adds some uniqueness to the structure. I love the stain-glass window at the back, that's an ingenious technique, I may use that for one of my upcoming MOCs. :sweet:

The landscaping is great too, I love the two little gardens on either side of the balcony. I really like the beginning of the countryside to the right of the river, with the neat little signpost, fencing, and the fisherman-turned-mercenary-turned-farmer we all love. :wub:

A brilliant creation, Dragonator, and even better to see in real life. :wub: You're a very talented builder, I can't wait to see Dragon's Keep. :sweet:

AAAAARRRGGGHGH!

I am blinded by the sheer awesomeness that this creation is generating Dragonator. Well done mate! This thing is beautiful, a true masterpiece. Seriously, everything here is almost perfect. My favourite part is stained glass windows.

Your landscaping is wonderful, I don't know about you, but I always found landscaping rather easy, but the fact that you have integrated it into the rest of everything is superb! The details like the minifarm and knights around the edge really make the moc in my opinion, my favourite part is the little bridge across the river. The fact that you have a little side entrance by the river is simply genius.

The building itself is the true best part however. I love the simple yet also complex designs on the walls, as well as the front part jutting out. I never knew how to pull off those kind of roofs in medieval style buildings, but gosh darn if oyu haven't shown me! The little details again like the corner dragon jaws and cross shapes on the sides really make this moc special and show you have really put immense thought into it.

Certainly for me this is your greatest creation (I've only seen three though :tongue:), far surpassing anything I have done (yet :tongue:). Your skills as a builder have certainly improved greatly and I can't wait to see more from you!

Last of all, sorry for posting late, but please know I think your creation is one of the best of its kind I have ever seen.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Hi all,

It's been a while since I last posted a MOC on EB, and so I think now would be a good time to rectify that. Today I would like to present to you my most recent creation, Dragon's Retreat. This is a small fortified Manor House located in the beautiful countryside of the Dragon Masters Kingdom. Lord Dragonator decided a while ago that he wanted to take a holiday every now and then, and so had this place built as a secure residence for him to stay in...

WOW!

That is a VERY NICE creation! Certainly blows away anything that was in the 'Dragon Masters' line!

I agree with the poster who said that it wasn't 'luck' that caused you to win first place...'twas definitely skill.

Nicely done! Keep up the great work!

Wonderful MOC, Dragonator! :thumbup: I really like that tree technique that you've used, with the shrubs. Overall, very smooth-looking, and congrats on winning. :sweet:

A wonderful work indeed, very detailed and cleverly done, with a great landscaping as well

and very distinct details like that beautiful stained glass window. :thumbup:

Very nice work, full of classic castle goodness. I like the landscaping and your incorporation of water elements and land features in a well built diorama.

-Nannan

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, I appreciate them. :classic: I'm going to start work on my city soon, hopefully I'll have a fair part of it ready for the start of Mystery Castle II. I want to build some things for a few other occasions as well, such as the CCCVI, so I'm going to be busy! :grin:

Edited by Dragonator

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, I appreciate them. :classic: I'm going to start work on my city soon, hopefully I'll have a fair part of it ready for the start of Mystery Castle II. I want to build some things for a few other occasions as well, such as the CCCVI, so I'm going to be busy! :grin:

Mystery Castle II sounds like fun... :devil: (No work this time!)

I finally managed to pull off those arrow slits, but that only postponed my keep... Although, i'm still on the interior. :blush:

Just a question about the manor, does it have an interior? Or is it empty inside? :grin:

Wow. Just... wow. I love all the details. The dragon plumes above the door are a great detail! I also like the rocky sides, how the fortress is built several bricks higher than the path. I also really like the dock with the cellar keeper, and the balcony with the party. The straight river and straight path are perfect for this MOC, however in some cases a curvy river and/or path would spice up the MOC. I do perfer the straight for this one though. And those trees with the upside down flower steps... simple, yet amazing. I will have to try out that technique! KUTGW!

-ToF

Mystery Castle II sounds like fun... :devil: (No work this time!)

I finally managed to pull off those arrow slits, but that only postponed my keep... Although, i'm still on the interior. :blush:

Just a question about the manor, does it have an interior? Or is it empty inside? :grin:

Glad to hear you managed to get them. They're not that tricky really, once you've figured them out. As for this one, it is completely empty inside, no interior, sorry. :grin: Glad to hear your looking forward to the game, I am too.

Make sure MC2 does not start with out me!!!

This MOC is great Dr Dragon. Keep up the great work!

Byron is a little upset at not being invited to the party... but then again we all know he is, inside using he toilet!

Regards,

Cpt. PB