kill will

How did you like the Clone Wars TV series?

I don't kow why, but I find the voices for the Clones to be some of the coolest voices in movie history. I do still think that they should be once a night, not once a week. :hmpf_bad:

Agreed. Gotta love that Australian accent! :grin: In fact, most of the voices are actually very good IMO. :thumbup: There are only a few exceptions:

Mace Windu: It's a simple fact that nobody can sound as cool as Samuel L. Jackson! :sadnew:

Plo Koon & Kit Fisto: While their voices aren't bad, they're just not what I expected these two Jedi to sound like. :sceptic: I have no clue what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. Oh well, I'll get used to them. :tongue:

The Narrator: Idk what's the deal with this guy, but he simply sucks. :tongue:

Btw, has anyone else seen the preview for future episodes in this season of the show that CN aired right after the second episode? It looked very promising, but it looks like there will be an episode with Jar Jar! :hmpf: :hmpf: :hmpf:

:vader: NOOOOOOOoooooooooooo! :laugh:

Anyway, I don't think that the show should be on every night because then the first season would be over in like two weeks and we would have to wait for the next one for several months! :hmpf_bad: Also, being aired weekly makes the show the more special, and not an everyday thing.

Besides, there's nothing you can do about it, so train yourself in patience, young padawan. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I like what I have seen on the net, since I haven't seen any episodes yet on television.

I think their voices are allright, and I hope we get the new episodes in little old Belgium ASAP.

Now we have to buy them on iTunes, or be happy with trailers like me. Or streaming if you have some bandwide.

Mace Windu: It's a simple fact that nobody can sound as cool as Samuel L. Jackson!

True, so true...

Edited by zorro3999

Isn't there already a thread for the show.

Yes, mine. :hmpf_bad: I think there should be only one of these, and since mine has a better title and was in the Multimedia forum all along, I suggest that kill_will's is the one that should be closed. :tongue:

EDIT: Just kidding, but could KimT or someone else please merge this thread into the other?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I watched the first 2 episodes from iTunes. In the first one it was great that they went to the Toydarian planet which was never shown in the films and there species was never really shown either. Also I think Yoda was acting a little bit crazy.

In the second one I liked it because there was a lot of Plo Koon in it a jedi who isn't portrayed well in the films. I thought the bit killer ion cannon laser thing was a copying from the DS.

I think the episodes are layed out well by having a new story every episode but that give me the feeling that they are a little rushed (well they are only 20 mins). I think it would be better if some of the episodes were twice as long and split in to 2 parts. Can't wait for Friday.

Hmmm, I'm really liking the new Clone Wars film. Very good stuff in there. The only downside is that the droids are way too silly, but sometimes do well. I was expecting worse, but it isn't that bad.

Isn't there already a topic about the show?

Yes, and I already answered that the first time you posted this. :hmpf_bad: But you're right: someone should really merge these two.

Hi. I just have a favor to ask of an admin or mod who is reading this: Could you please merge kill_will's topic about this show with this one? Thanks. :thumbup:

Thanks, KimT. :thumbup:

Sounds like my ONLY current option is buying off iTunes, and I bet it's not 75p!!! :sceptic:

Have you tried StarWars.com? They always upload new episodes every week. Clck here and see if you can view them.

Btw, on StarWars.com, they also have a new webcomic every Monday to set the stage for the forthcoming episode. Click here to read them!

I've seen the first three episodes and I don't quite know what to think of them... The droids are just plain stupid, it's a wonder the war lasted that long when the enemy is as useless as they've been portrayed... It just destroys any menace they might have posed before. And Grievous is a useless as in the film. And what's with the cough! I thought he only started coughing after Mace Windu crushed his chest at the end of the cartoon serie. Or are we supposed to just forget all about them and start anew??? :hmpf_bad:

At least in the cartoon, they gave him a really dangerous look.

I do like Ventress, though.

And Ahsoka too, she's the most interesting character so far, although I'm still not convinced by the idea of giving Anakin a padawan...

I've seen the first three episodes and I don't quite know what to think of them... The droids are just plain stupid, it's a wonder the war lasted that long when the enemy is as useless as they've been portrayed... It just destroys any menace they might have posed before. And Grievous is a useless as in the film. And what's with the cough! I thought he only started coughing after Mace Windu crushed his chest at the end of the cartoon serie. Or are we supposed to just forget all about them and start anew??? :hmpf_bad:

At least in the cartoon, they gave him a really dangerous look.

I do like Ventress, though.

And Ahsoka too, she's the most interesting character so far, although I'm still not convinced by the idea of giving Anakin a padawan...

Yeah, I totally agree with you here, yellost. :sadnew: Although I usually don't mind some slapstick, I don't like the lack of menace from the bad guys in this show either. I don't think that Grievous is useless - in fact I think he is portrayed quite well. Up until now, he has done nothing but command a ship, but that will change later on, as you can see here and here. I, too, was kinda pissed off that Grievous has a cough in this show, though. However, I read an explanation for that somewhere. It said that Grievous' organs never completely adjusted to his droid body, so he always had a bit of a cough. When Mace crushed his chest, it just got much worse. That kind of makes sense, since he was coughing all the time during ROTS and has only coughed once or twice in the last two episodes of the show. As long as it stays this rare, I don't mind his cough.

There is another negative thing I noticed about Grievous, though: He only has 4 fingers on each hand! Usually I would disregard that as part of his cartoonish design, but if he is to split his arms at some point, he will only have 2 fingers for each lightsaber! And I don't see how you could effectively hold a lightsaber in your hand with only 2 fingers. :hmpf_bad: Oh well...

And you're right: Ventress is pretty cool, and Ahsoka is kinda cute. :wink:

I really hope that there will be an episode showcasing some Mace Windu action soon! :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Star Wars is moving in the right direction with this new series, many of the minor characters will have their stories told. Best TV show at the moment in my opinion :classic:

Having grown up with the OT and being an OT fan, these aren't too bad.

I usually have to work Friday night though, so I just watch them online at http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000695.html

Thanks for the website!I did not know I was missing so much of the series!You guys are so lucky to have it in your countries :classic:

EDIT:It cat work for me they say that I cant watch it beacause it is only allowed for viewing in certain countries!So sad :cry_sad:

Edited by pr0visorak

Having grown up with the OT and being an OT fan, these aren't too bad.

I usually have to work Friday night though, so I just watch them online at http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000695.html

OMG! many thanks for the link stash2sixx :thumbup::thumbup: . In my country the series have no date for release and know that I can see the series before just make me very happy :sweet: .

OMG! many thanks for the link stash2sixx :thumbup::thumbup: . In my country the series have no date for release and know that I can see the series before just make me very happy :sweet: .

So, it works for you? :look: What is your country?

Ok, now I watch them online too, that is way better for me then waiting so long for the next episode that I can watch with my satelite TV only...

Thanks for the useful link !

I saw the first episode (rebroadcast) on CN today, and I have to say that it's quite disappointing. The designs and animation are spectacular and have potential, but the storyline is terrible. The lines (especially by Ashoka) are really lame, too. Well, you expect more from a kids cartoon, but I was. Thanks, stash2stixx for the link, I'll have to watch the episodes, for knowledge's sake. :tongue:

Edited by JimButcher