cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

Thursday Drilling? XD

But seriously, December 15th? That's cutting it pretty close to Christmas. Will they be out across USA?

Thursday Drilling? XD

But seriously, December 15th? That's cutting it pretty close to Christmas. Will they be out across USA?

LOL, Thursday Drilling , i wet myself laughing.

:pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2:

Sounds like great sets though.

Thursday drilling? Now that's a set name!

Didn't we already know it was called Thunder Drill? Sounds like a translation error to me. :pir_laugh2:

Okay, I'm Dutch - and I work as a translator. So let me try to make a real, thursday-less translation:

(all praise to Google's service but they're not going to put me out of business yet!)

To avoid destruction of our planet by a strange, uncanny rumbling, a brave team of miners starts off on a long journey deep underground. Here they meet creatures that dig in the rocks and that undermine the earth crust in their frenetic hunt for a specific type of crystals. Once they tasted the crystals, the underground creatures change into monsters that can't stop digging because they have more and more crystals... this looks like a typo in the Dutch text, I think it should be 'because they NEED more and more crystals'

The series consists of 6 different sets. It is available at Brickshop Holland as of December 15. The Power Miner series will initially consist of 6 different sets:

* 8956 Rock Destroyer

* 8957 Mining Machine

* 8958 Granite Breaker

* 8959 Claw Digger

* 8960 Thunder Drill

* 8961 Crystal Sweeper

Special offer: The complete Power Miners collection 2008 for €99,95 including free shipping.

THE FOLLOWING LINES ARE NOT PART OF THE TRANSLATION:

I tried to make a new post but this site appears to glue my posts together even though I want it to do that, for obvious reasons.

Which, if you try to click through on their labyrinthic site, saves you a whopping 15 euros... and that shop is generally not the cheapest one.

But if you really want six garish nondescript vehicles with funny looking monsters, why not order them all! (except the free shipping stops at the Dutch border, I suppose...)

Edited by eti

Okay, I'm Dutch - and I work as a translator. So let me try to make a real, thursday-less translation:

(all praise to Google's service but they're not going to put me out of business yet!)

To avoid destruction of our planet by a strange, uncanny rumbling, a brave team of miners starts off on a long journey deep underground. Here they meet creatures that dig in the rocks and that undermine the earth crust in their frenetic hunt for a specific type of crystals. Once they tasted the crystals, the underground creatures change into monsters that can't stop digging because they have more and more crystals... this looks like a typo in the Dutch text, I think it should be 'because they NEED more and more crystals'

The series consists of 6 different sets. It is available at Brickshop Holland as of December 15. The Power Miner series will initially consist of 6 different sets:

* 8956 Rock Destroyer

* 8957 Mining Machine

* 8958 Granite Breaker

* 8959 Claw Digger

* 8960 Thunder Drill

* 8961 Crystal Sweeper

Special offer: The complete Power Miners collection 2008 for €99,95 including free shipping.

THE FOLLOWING LINES ARE NOT PART OF THE TRANSLATION:

I tried to make a new post but this site appears to glue my posts together even though I want it to do that, for obvious reasons.

Which, if you try to click through on their labyrinthic site, saves you a whopping 15 euros... and that shop is generally not the cheapest one.

But if you really want six garish nondescript vehicles with funny looking monsters, why not order them all! (except the free shipping stops at the Dutch border, I suppose...)

Ohh Thinder drill, sounds more believable! :pir-tongue:

On a Belug meeting there were already sets to see of Pirates, City Farm and powerminers.

Link

I wish the guy would have made some closeups of the PM sets, but it's better than nothing. I'm very thankful for the pictures of the fam, though :pir-wub:

The Power Miners site is live. Go to powerminers.lego.com to see it. I believe I'm the first to report this. Watch out Stauder, here I come! I'm taking over your position! :pir-classic:

omg that intro on the new site is quite funny.

Thank you for reporting the news :-)

Frot

3.102 points as Glaciator :-)

did 4.028 on first attempt at work today

Edited by Front

Thanks for the info.

Wow, the monsters have quite the personalities. :pir-laugh: Didn't think they'd be explored (personality wise) at that depth. Interesting...

Thanks for the update.

This should make frontpage news! :pir-classic:

Site launches aren't as exciting as set launches. :wink:

2.043 m

74 crystals

take off +500

landing +500

total 5.307

will be hard to beat ?

"edit*

take off +

landing +

total 5.715

Edited by Front

interesting report.

thank you for the information.

i hope this theme won't dissapoint us.

I thought that the biografies are also were about the minifigs, but they are alone about the monsters/Rockaddicts. :pir_laugh2:

I hope there will be soon more info.

BTW, In the Netherlands some sets are already spotted by some Vroom and Dreesman shops

8956 stone chopper 5,95 euro

8957 minemech 7,95 euro

8958 granite grinder 9,95 euro

8960 thunder driller 29,95 euro (the prize of the last one I didn't know it is sure)

BTW, In the Netherlands some sets are already spotted by some Vroom and Dreesman shops

8956 stone chopper 5,95 euro

8957 minemech 7,95 euro

8958 granite grinder 9,95 euro

8960 thunder driller 29,95 euro (the prize of the last one I didn't know it is sure)

Sweet! Awesome information Wout. I hope this applies to all of Europe! :pir-cry_happy:

Somebody's got a hold of some of the sets! (links to pictures as they're too big)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3564188

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3564202

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3564207

And the full gallery

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=354344

The alt-models on the back look interesting.