Sign in to follow this  
SuvieD

A MONSTER

That's right there is a new Eurobricks contest for everyone to join. :oD

:^D :^^ MONSTER Builder! :^^ :^D

:^D Get out your bricks and bionicles and get to building a monster of a monster! :^D

This contest is about creating our own monsters, visualizing with LEGO a type of monster or making monsters to look like famous ones. This is not a minifigure modifacation or cutomization contest. All minifig monsters are not allowed in the contest. You must actually build a monster. Robots or mechanical monsters are also not allowed. Monsters in the scifi category may have electronic or machinery parts but must be in the majority a monster. Also, monsters in the look-a-like category must be recognizable characters or be accompanied by a reference so people can compare the two. These must be actual named creatures. For instance Frankenstein is a named monster and is allowed, the rancor from Star Wars is a species and therefore not allowed in the look-a-like category. You may not directly copy someone elses monster design or any monster LEGO has made.

When:

The contest will begin on Monday August 15th, 2005 and end on Monday October 31st, 2005. Contest winners will be announced on Monday November 7th, 2005.

Submissions:

You may submit up to 5 total entries.

Each submission is limited to five photographs, each no larger than 800 x 600 pixels. I suggest using Brickshelf to host your images.

Submissions can not have been entered into other LEGO contests and must meet the category requirements.

Please state the name of your monster, a link to the pictures, a picture (for quick reference, optional), and a brief description to enter your creations in the contest.

Judging:

The judges panel will be made up of the selected members of Eurobricks. Therefore, they are not eligible to enter this contest. Submission will be evaluated on a 30-point scale.

Creativity (is the construction original and eye catching)

SuvieD, this looks like a really fun contest !!!!! Ahhhh, all my youth watching scary movies will not be in vain :D

I think i will enter it for fun !!!! (I pinned your topic ;) ).

Tks for starting one ;)

Can't I make a Star Wars monster for the Sci-Fi one?

I think that would go under Look-A-Likes. The rest are supposed to be original monsters.

AWESOME! This may be the first building contest I'm going to participate in (well, if my time managment doesn't fail me ^^).

The idea is great, though the categories...I don't know what to say...

I miss something like a "limited parts" and "use of obscure/useless parts" category, or will this be covered via the judging rules (construction-wise I mean)?

Concerning photographs: the limit is 5 pix

Hmmm sounds good and i have a monster called Frank (wonder what thats short for) that i may have to enter. :)

Cutty,

No handicaps, I think. There was a stink about that in the mecha contest. However, neither size nor impressiveness will play a part in the judging (except of course in the giant monster contest for obvious reasons, and the lookalike because it should be in scale), so even a small but creative monster is a contender!

If a photo is too large for the boards, the mods can change it to a link. Otherwise, as long as adequate 'coverage' of the monster is provided, I don't think there'll be a problem.

Hope that helps!

Can't I make a Star Wars monster for the Sci-Fi one?

Yes you can! Only named monsters are look-a-like. Jabba the Hutt would have to be in the look-a-like category. The rancor, the wampa, the fish thing in Ep 1 all could fit in the scifi category or the mega category if they are big enough as they are a spieces not a specific "person". It is up to you to make a creature that would be a monster out of parts. Does that clear it up? 8-|

The idea is great, though the categories...I don't know what to say...

I miss something like a "limited parts" and "use of obscure/useless parts" category, or will this be covered via the judging rules (construction-wise I mean)?

Concerning photographs: the limit is 5 pix

Shouldn't a seperate thread be created for the entires? I think a might enter...

KhoRne Posted on Aug 16 2005, 07:24 PM--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shouldn't a seperate thread be created for the entires? I think a might enter... 

Yes, I think we will need a seperate on for just entries. People will still be able to comment about others monsters here on this thread.

But seeing as there are no entries yet, there is no need for another thread yet.

I hope you do enter. You have 1 and a half monthes to make some nice monsters and I promise the prizes will be nice ;) .

:^^ Prizes for the contest! :^^

The winner of each category

will recieve one of these

prizes.jpg. (pic is link)

Remember you can only win one prize. If you enter each category once you have a greater chance of winning!

I may add prizes for the runners up later. The grand prize for the best overall monster is still not determined.

Why does'nt the prize for each catogry be a new Harry Potter set (the mermaid one) or a viking set (the dragon and catapult)?

This is because most people allready have all the x-pods....

Why does'nt the prize for each catogry be a new Harry Potter set (the mermaid one) or a viking set (the dragon and catapult)?

This is because most people allready have all the x-pods....

because money is not growing on trees ?

MattZitron Posted

Hey Lego's Lego.

Any prize is good for me!!! 

Right!

jipay Posted

because money is not growing on trees ?

Right again!

I really am not willing to pay $20-$30 per prize. I have offered to pay for shipping (or at least most of it) costs also. I would be very happy to win an exclusive x-pod set that is also a game.

Submit an entry and win (+)

-free $20 retail set

-no shipping cost

-bragging rights

-you get to build with LEGO

-you can win building respect from others

I can think of at least three families I know who could not afford any LEGO. So, heres the deal if you win and don't want your x-pod set I will give it to one of those families. ;) Besides who wouldn't want more x-pods? I am tempted to go buy more just for me :-D

Suzie we're all super greatful for your kindess.

And if you're worrying, I'm definately gonna enter. I've just come up with a new design for something, which I'm really happy with.

Watch this space!!!

No limit on size. It can not be modified minifigure though. It can use minifigure parts but not be a minifigure. So, no half person half animal monsters unless made out of pieces. Using a minifigure head for a monster would work or perhaps just the legs or torso but the monster should not be a minifigure.