VBBN

New 2009 sets(all)

I think the color scheme feels kind of <insert that tiresome argument>.

I'm really hoping that that light green color is sand green but from what I've in sets seen lately I really think it's going to be lime. :(

Edited by Mirandir

Sorry, but my opinion this time very bad - for me its a piece of shit. Maybe the models are okay, but this lime color...its yuk, dnt matter lights it in dark or not. The best color for such a theme is something about brown, but now they looking as CHINA plastic one piece IMITATION, not legos at all.

Still waiting for better pics, but my opinion is crirically mustnt have.

The colour balance of the photos is too far off to correctly determine the colour. I think the models might just be red and grey, not verdigris or lime.

Edited by Tenorikuma

... hopefully, a re-issue of one the most under rated, yet ingenious and beautiful theme the Rock Raiders aka Power Miners

Oh gosh, I take that back. I have to say I hate those - even considering they're probably preliminary. But for anyone they work, enjoy, please don't let me be a killjoy

The Power Miners look strange but interesting, I'd like to see clearer pictures before I can say what I think of them. They look ok, crazy colours I don't mind (I have weird design sense), but I'll have to see how Technicy they are, System and Technic together are awkward too me (why I wasn't amazed with, but still liked, Exo-Force). :oh:

be prosecuted and thanks for the pictures

I know you're not so good at English as others on EB, but your English translations have a certain charm to them. I just thought this sounded funny, in English, no offense though. :laugh::wink:

:skull:

Guys, calm down! Those pictures are small, blurry, and probably color dilluted. The same thing happened when the first Agents picture came out - most everybody hated the look - but as of now Agents is far more appreciated. Wait until better pictures come out before making your final decision. :wink:

agents is terrible! very violent and not great design.

and the power miners are just for the lovers of big vehicles that dig and do "cool" stuff.

Question: have you actually purchased any agents sets? Because the general opinion now is a lot more positive than it was before better pictures came out and the sets were released. The design is far better than you make it out to be - and I don't see how it's very violent. :sceptic:

Guys, calm down! Those pictures are small, blurry, and probably color dilluted. The same thing happened when the first Agents picture came out - most everybody hated the look - but as of now Agents is far more appreciated. Wait until better pictures come out before making your final decision. :wink:

Question: have you actually purchased any agents sets? Because the general opinion now is a lot more positive than it was before better pictures came out and the sets were released. The design is far better than you make it out to be - and I don't see how it's very violent. :sceptic:

man fighting man with machine-guns isnt very violent for you?

this is the first time lego made modern weapons outside a license theme.

ofcourse i havent bought any of those sets.

its just my opinion

cant you just accept it?

everyone has an opinion and a point of view.

im more of a creator and city guy.

the most violent i like from lego is classic castle and pirates.

man fighting man with machine-guns isnt very violent for you?

this is the first time lego made modern weapons outside a license theme.

ofcourse i havent bought any of those sets.

its just my opinion

cant you just accept it?

everyone has an opinion and a point of view.

im more of a creator and city guy.

the most violent i like from lego is classic castle and pirates.

Except that the actual "modern weapons" are actually fire hose pieces and unrealistic laser guns. Besides, it's also very debatable whether Pirates and Castle are any less violent. Castle features lots of melee weapons which technically deal far more bloody deaths in real life than the average gun does, and Pirates is a whole line focused on barbarous looters of towns. :tongue:

But I understand that you feel differently about this. Sorry if I angered you. :wink:

If I may cut into this hateful debate, I'd like to go back on topic to share my feelings about the Power Miners. :wink:

I am liking a lot what I'm seeing in these prelim pics! :oh: It seems like a dream come true for me: a whole line full of cool vehicles that are all made mostly out of light green bricks! :cry_happy: My favorite color is lime green, so I'm really hoping that that's the color those vehicles have! I was actually planning to get only one or two of the smaller set, but I if these are lime green, I might not be able to resist! :tongue:

However, I look forward to this theme and am sure to get at least some of those sets. :sweet: I can understand that some might not like this theme, though - heavy, futuristic vehicles and lime-green are not everyone's thing. :sadnew:

Wow these look to be the most horrible sets lego has ever made. I'm betting it will also be USA exclusive like the Aqua Raiders. (Popping up here and there in Europe and on shop at home.)

@Kenobi: Finally someone who also likes the sets, i already thoght i'm alone. :thumbup:

@highland: aqua raiders isn't an usa exclusive, i just bought a set off the shelf at a local store here in my town a few days ago. :tongue:

anyway, i think people don't do these new sets justice, by just seeing the bad pictures and immediately thinking the sets also are bad because of that. You can't even see what some of the sets really look like, you don't see what accesoires are in the sets, and you don't even see how the monsters look like at all. so let's wait for better pictures, but i can already say i'll buy some of these just because of the color scheme :wub:

Calm people, I don't see anything wrong with these sets, I might get the smaller ones. These kind of things just isn't my cup of tea though :laugh:.

Edited by Pencoin

Wow these look to be the most horrible sets lego has ever made. I'm betting it will also be USA exclusive like the Aqua Raiders. (Popping up here and there in Europe and on shop at home.)

Even more horrible than Jack Stone, Znap, 4+ Pirates, Island Extreme Stunts, or Galidor? I think that's a bit extreme, if you ask me. :sceptic:

Besides, even if you still end up not liking the designs after better pictures come out, what's so bad about a possible huge ammount of sand green bricks? That's a color we don't get too often, so this could be really great for MOCers. :wink:

I LOVE them!

And if they're more glow in the dark than lime, I'm going to have to have to start robbing people on the street to buy multiple multiple multiples of them.

Though I won't get my hopes up, they're likely lime.

Still love the hell out of them though. And I really didn't like Rock Raiders at all.

Why lime green? Lime green and trans red is almost the worst color scheme I've seen yet! Just imagine all the lime green bits in those sets being bark bley. I'd buy them all. Bad descision on your part, LEGO.

Yes, I'll go with the general consensus here that these look bad, but I haven't given up hope. (A)- these are obviously preliminary and they weren't even meant to see the light of day. Bashing something LEGO hasn't even prepared for public release is jumping the gun. (B)- the pictures are incredibly blurry and a lot of important details- figs, monsters, greebles- are as yet unknown to us, and such details can really define a theme.

Also, I can already see two sets I think I might buy. The smallish drill thing looks very good, and the mining rig (big set) looks intriguing to say the least.

So really people... remember what you are looking at here.

Warning!!!

The catalog from wich those photographs were taken is in portuguese and spanish...

So it is highly possible that no castle or space related sets or even bigger sets appear in the catalogue, blame it on Lego Iberia who makes up lies to justify not having does sets in the Iberian Peninsula, darn spanish "filhos dum megablocks" :angry: (portuguese insult), note that I am onlycalling names at the spanish who work on Lego Iberia (there are no portuguese), not at all the Spanish... :wink:

I think that he's saying the region of the world this catalog came from doesn't carry certain themes and therefore leave them out of the catalog (where other catalogs around the world WOULD have them)... ...and that the official reasons given by the people who carry the Lego line down there to back up not carrying these certain themes and set sizes are poopoo.

In his opinion of course, but it wouldn't surprise me. They do make some pretty bad decisions even here in the USA based on "market research".

So I didn't find the right thread, so I hope it's okay if I post this here.

On brickshelf I found new pictures of the upcooming ARCHITECTURE Set's. Enjoy :classic:

01_architecture_sets_-_upcoming.jpg

greetings Star-Sam

On brickshelf I found new pictures of the upcooming ARCHITECTURE Set's. Enjoy :classic:

01_architecture_sets_-_upcoming.jpg

greetings Star-Sam

Here are two folders to 2 of the models:

John Hancock Center

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=343951

Sears Tower

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=343950

Thanks for the find!

Sorry to say but this is old news :sceptic:!

CopMike

>Snip<

greetings Star-Sam

Thanks, Star Sam! I hope these hit public stores rather than just the real buildings' gift shops. :sceptic:

CopMike, I knew about the initial two sets, the Sears Tower and JH Center, but I don;t remember the Space Needle and Empire State Building... :classic: