CopMike

The different prices on LEGO in the US vs. Europe

"Take a parrot, learn him the line "supply and demand" and you have an economist."

You have to be reasonable with your prices. If this keeps going on there will be more supply and less European demand. Not profitable either isn't it ;)

TT

Do you honestly believe that LEGO doesn't pay close attention to the buying habits of its consumers? I know that many of us are unhappy about pricing, but in the end most of us still end up forking over our hard earned money for the beloved brick. The thing is, Europe is hardly alone when it comes to paying higher prices for LEGO. Many other regions pay just as much. Australia, New Zeland and Canada all pay prices which are comprable (sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse) than Europe. We're used to it and as much as we complain, we still fork out. Just because the US sees incredible pricing doesn't mean that the rest of the world is being taken for a ride.

TLG seems to look a lot at the different country’s markets but sometimes I can not understand why prices are so different. Even above European countries, sets are not sold at the same price. For example, the jedi starfighter costs 25€ in Belgium and 30€ in France , whereas the Republic gunship costs 10 € less in France than in Belgium.

How can you explain the French and the Belgium markets are so different? And if you look carefully, you can not find any European country having the same price with another one. Of course, these differences are not as important as with the United-States, but they really puzzle me because I can not find any proper explanation : these countries are member of the Schengen space so it is the same unique market.

legopiotre:

It's just an extension of the concept of selling items at different prices *within* a country (e.g. here in Ireland, retail and most other things are mostly more expensive in Dublin). Of course, like many other aspects of capitalism, it sucks when you are in the group that gets the bum deal (in order that some select few people can make more money).

At least with the Euro we can simply compare prices and be aware just how much we are being ripped off.

All that said, Ireland has had good deals from Lego as regards some larger sets - e.g. Green Grocer and Town Plan at €129.99 rather than €149.99.

I don't think its right that the USA gets cheaper prices then the rest of the world, if there having trouble there why not ditch it?

Right and wrong has very little to do with it.

They don't ditch it because the USA is still a profitable market. It's clearly not as profitable as Europe, but as long as they aren't losing money in the USA, they will continue to sell here.

It's been a while since somebody posted here, but it is interesting to note, with the collapse of the British pound now valued at around £1=$1.48, how some LEGO sets are now even cheaper in the UK than the U.S., or many times on par. Take for example, the police seats:

7731 - Post van -- UK: £4.99 ($7.49); US: $7.99

7732 - Post Plane -- UK: £7.99 ($11.99); US: $14.99

7743 - Mobile Command Base -- UK: £29.99 ($44.50); US: $44.99

7744 - Police Station -- UK: £49.99 ($73.99); US: $89.99

10184 - Town Plan -- UK: £89.99 ($132.99); US: $149.99

10188 - Death Star -- UK: £274.99 ($402.99); US: $399.999 (add tax in most U.S. states, it will be $427.99)

10200 - Custom Car Garage -- UK: £49.99 ($73.99); US: $69.99

And the UK prices include tax, the U.S. prices do not, and tax will typically add between 7% and 10.5% depending where one lives (although some place in the U.S. have 0% sales tax).

It just goes to show you how LEGO isn't on some sort of mission to rip off certain people. Prices are set locally based on a markets size, and larger markets are typically able to charge lower prices as fixed costs are more spread across the product and distribution is often cheaper.

Exchange rates are not within LEGO's control, and are not a fair way of valuing how much one country is being ripped off over another.

Is anybody now going to complain that LEGO is too cheap in the UK? Probably not.

Edited by MAH4546

:D It might be nice to make a trip across the border here in Ireland before Christmas! However, I've already a trip to Munich in Germany planned instead - while the prices may not be cheap, it will be a bit prettier than Newry, Co. Down! :) I won't mind the break from domestic news either (we can't pay to run the school system, we can't tax people more, we have to pay public workers more, we have to cut our infrastructure projects, cut public transport, etc.) Our government are complaining about people shopping abroad for Christmas, but personally I do not see much point in lining the pockets of UK high street chain stores here in Ireland who mostly still use £1 = €1.50 or worse (and that is converting UK prices which are often pathetic compared to elsewhere) - better to buy for less from the same retailers just elsewhere on the island of Ireland. I'll still buy some specific things from the few decent independant local retailers.

It's now finally one time where I am happy that Amazon *hasn't* provided an Irish version of their site (you just order in Sterling even from Ireland, though there are no postage saving deals and postage is a bit high). I may be purchasing the Thomas Duplo set from there for my nephew, it's looking like being cheaper even with postage than the local toy store.

As for ebay, I've given up on US for the time being and I'm tempted to only browse UK Lego listings rather than all of EU.

A final note, I do admittedly hope that UK doesn't lower its VAT rate (sales tax) by 2.5% because it will pretty much mean we all buy everything from the UK for evermore. (Our govt. *increased* VAT by 0.5% which is the opposite end of the economic silliness spectrum).

If economies of scale have anything to do with it, I should have a discount from TLG on my 900,000 bricks! :tongue:

The prices of individual bricks in PaB online are astronomical for bulk buyers. I think each brick should be 50% off if you buy 100 of one type at a time. The price is the only reason I haven't bought any bricks this way.

If US prices have been lower due to the weak dollar (which has been kept weak deliberately for some time), then it's about time UK prices were more competitive now that the pound is so much weaker. It was $2.00 or E1.40 but is now $1.50 or E1.00.

And, while I'm at it, every piece should be available in black in PaB online, especially every basic piece and every utility piece (e.g. plate modified 1x1 with clip is missing some types in black).

Mark

I was getting really annoyed with lego in 2008, the exchange rate got to 80cNZ to the US dollar and they still charged us at least double US prices!

Well late 2008 the dollar dropped to 55cNZ to the dollar, so i decided to give lego leaniancy (SP?). I desided mabye they had high prices for us kiwis because it was possible the dollar would fall (which it did ).

But now, the dollar has stabilized at around 56cNZ.

BUT Now lego puts up their prices to kiwis because the exchange rate has fallen.

What the heck? Just as it was getting fair, they put up prices.

$120 for the Solar sailer?

$100 for Ahsoka's fighter+ Vulture droid?

$100 for the AAT?

This is outragious!

GRRRR!

But, as if thats not enough, lego gives the US amazing promos and thing. Gold C-3PO's, Chrome Vaders, Exclusive Brickmaster subscripions.

:angry:

Boy am i glad i don't buy CW sets, at least i only need the Tie from next year...

However, on another note, about sales.

I'm lucky to get 25% off!

These half price deals in the US and absolute crazy bargians... Boy i get jelous!

HOWEVER... i was really lucky this year. The Warehouse (New Zealand department store chain) had Indy sets and Speed racer sets 50% off!

That was heaven... boy, i spent up large on those Indy sets

But behind this rant, i do understand.

Complaining doesn't do anything, it just gets you all worked up and angry. Sure, i get a bit angry every now and then, but, i just try to put it out of my head, and take advantage of the deals we do get.

But, as if thats not enough, lego gives the US amazing promos and thing. Gold C-3PO's, Chrome Vaders, Exclusive Brickmaster subscripions.

Yeah, I totally agree with you, the prices in Sweden isn´t very low, either. But it was (originally) we Swedes who got the Chrome Vaders.

I know the US got them later, but there will be around 70-60.000 omre of thm to give out in other countries. :wink:

Otherwise you can always buy one from BL.

I know the US got them later, but there will be around 70-60.000 omre of thm to give out in other countries. :wink:

Well i really hope some get to NZ :cry_happy:

Otherwise you can always buy one from BL.

For $100? Pffft... I'm good thanks :tongue:

A great topic i must say. It is very encouraging that Lego collectors and fans are not just "blind" consumers and have deep judgemental about their hobby.

The price difference among EU countries is an issue.

Coming out from my Dark Ages 3 months ago, i noticed that generally prices here in Greece are up in comparison to other EU countries. It's not so annoying when it comes to small sets but it is very noticable when it comes to bigger sets.

Three days ago, i called a local Lego Shop here in Greece to ask them if they have the 10185 Green Grocer. They said "yes" so the next question was about the price.

The answer?

€249.99

As far as i 've seen, Green Grocer is generally around €150 in Europe based of course on the internet prices i see. I could understand a slight price increase in particular countries but €100 is in my opinion out of reality.

If i remember correctly, Town Plan was also priced €249.99.

I wouldn't want to have wrong conclusions about prices so is GG really around €150 in toy stores? (not e-purchase)

I know we live in a free market community but this made me angry :angry:

I was getting really annoyed with lego in 2008, the exchange rate got to 80cNZ to the US dollar and they still charged us at least double US prices!

Well late 2008 the dollar dropped to 55cNZ to the dollar, so i decided to give lego leaniancy (SP?). I desided mabye they had high prices for us kiwis because it was possible the dollar would fall (which it did ).

But now, the dollar has stabilized at around 56cNZ.

BUT Now lego puts up their prices to kiwis because the exchange rate has fallen.

What the heck? Just as it was getting fair, they put up prices.

$120 for the Solar sailer?

$100 for Ahsoka's fighter+ Vulture droid?

$100 for the AAT?

This is outragious!

The BIONICLE line has been affected as well - because of the conversion rates, LEGO has marked up all 2009 BIONICLE sets by $5. While this may not be a problem for the larger sets going from $40 to $45, the smallest $10 sets are now $15! 50% markup!

I think it's never a good sign for shops when it's cheaper for people to buy LEGO products overseas and get them shipped over. :thumbdown:

That said, some of the other lines are relatively unaffected, and last year Toyworld and some other stores sold Town Plan sets for only $200 (US $130 when I bought one). ($270 on S@H :classic: )

A great topic i must say. It is very encouraging that Lego collectors and fans are not just "blind" consumers and have deep judgemental about their hobby.

The price difference among EU countries is an issue.

Coming out from my Dark Ages 3 months ago, i noticed that generally prices here in Greece are up in comparison to other EU countries. It's not so annoying when it comes to small sets but it is very noticable when it comes to bigger sets.

Three days ago, i called a local Lego Shop here in Greece to ask them if they have the 10185 Green Grocer. They said "yes" so the next question was about the price.

The answer?

€249.99

As far as i 've seen, Green Grocer is generally around €150 in Europe based of course on the internet prices i see. I could understand a slight price increase in particular countries but €100 is in my opinion out of reality.

If i remember correctly, Town Plan was also priced €249.99.

I wouldn't want to have wrong conclusions about prices so is GG really around €150 in toy stores? (not e-purchase)

Greece is a small market. LEGO is not even that popular in Greece - one of few countries where Playmobil has a greater marketshare. They have to make up for the small size of the market somehow.

I know it sucks, but larger markets have lower fixed costs and will see lower prices. It's a fact of life.

The BIONICLE line has been affected as well - because of the conversion rates, LEGO has marked up all 2009 BIONICLE sets by $5. While this may not be a problem for the larger sets going from $40 to $45, the smallest $10 sets are now $15! 50% markup!

I think it's never a good sign for shops when it's cheaper for people to buy LEGO products overseas and get them shipped over. :thumbdown:

That said, some of the other lines are relatively unaffected, and last year Toyworld and some other stores sold Town Plan sets for only $200 (US $130 when I bought one). ($270 on S@H :classic: )

That town plan was a great buy. (my mate found one on clearence of $150NZ!)

The prices of individual bricks in PaB online are astronomical for bulk buyers. I think each brick should be 50% off if you buy 100 of one type at a time. The price is the only reason I haven't bought any bricks this way.

im with you on this, i think the prices should be tiered.

buy 10-50 get 10% off that item

50-100 get 25% off

100+ 50% off

they could exclude some items from the larger tier if they needed too (printed items, motors etc). I'd jump at buying loads of pieces if it didnt work out so expensive

A great topic i must say. It is very encouraging that Lego collectors and fans are not just "blind" consumers and have deep judgemental about their hobby. The price difference among EU countries is an issue.

The answer?

€249.99

As far as i 've seen, Green Grocer is generally around €150 in Europe based of course on the internet prices i see. I could understand a slight price increase in particular countries but €100 is in my opinion out of reality. If i remember correctly, Town Plan was also priced €249.99. I wouldn't want to have wrong conclusions about prices so is GG really around €150 in toy stores? (not e-purchase)

I don't know if someone on EB is from Poland (isn't Hippotam from Poland ?)... but if we can believe an old post on http://www.e-klocki.com your not alone that pay a very high prize (if that is an appeasing). In this article they talk about the prices in Polish S@H are 30% to 100% higher than in other European countries. I do not know if it is truth because I have never check it out at S@H. But since it stands on the internet site, and Klocki is a respected site, it will contain some truth I guess. It can of course also be that TLC loaded the Polish S@H with the wrong pricing !

A funny thing:

I do not know if someone this still knows but in one of the phases in the establishment of Europe… our lords in their ivory towers then said that in every European country the prices of the products would be the same (food and non-food). I believe it was in 1993. At least that have the Belgian political leaders proclaims on television. In other words if you bought a hamburger at McD in Belgium then this hamburger will have the same price as at McD in France. So also for Lego, Playmobil, Ikea, Chanel, Dior, ect. Up to this day I have not seen much of it.

Edited by Capt. Kirk

I don't know if someone on EB is from Poland (isn't Hippotam from Poland ?)... but if we can believe an old post on http://www.e-klocki.com your not alone that pay a very high prize (if that is an appeasing). In this article they talk about the prices in Polish S@H are 30% to 100% higher than in other European countries. I do not know if it is truth because I have never check it out at S@H. But since it stands on the internet site, and Klocki is a respected site, it will contain some truth I guess. It can of course also be that TLC loaded the Polish S@H with the wrong pricing !

A funny thing:

I do not know if someone this still knows but in one of the phases in the establishment of Europe… our lords in their ivory towers then said that in every European country the prices of the products would be the same (food and non-food). I believe it was in 1993. At least that have the Belgian political leaders proclaims on television. In other words if you bought a hamburger at McD in Belgium then this hamburger will have the same price as at McD in France. So also for Lego, Playmobil, Ikea, Chanel, Dior, ect. Up to this day I have not seen much of it.

Thanks for the feedback Capt. Kirk! :thumbup:

I've just checked the prices concerning the polish S@H. I think that the prices are almost the same compared to other S@H countries. Green Grocer for example costs PLN 699.95 meaning €151.84 (if the converter prooved correct...). Because most of the times e-prices are different, do you happen to know how much Green Grocer costs in Belgium if you buy it in a toy store?

It's true on the other hand, that many countries and not just Greece are dealing with the expensive Lego issue.

I must 100% agree with you on the second part, concerning the economy in EU. Prices are different, incomes-wages are different, taxes are different, :wacko: .

It's natural for some differences to exist even as a transition status.But sometimes differences just go way out of control.

Thanks for the feedback Capt. Kirk! :thumbup:

No problem... we are here to help each other... :wink:

I've just checked the prices concerning the polish S@H. I think that the prices are almost the same compared to other S@H countries. Green Grocer for example costs PLN 699.95 meaning €151.84 (if the converter prooved correct...). Because most of the times e-prices are different,...

Ok thx for the info,... I never check it.

...do you happen to know how much Green Grocer costs in Belgium if you buy it in a toy store?

I'm not sure but I think it was about 150€.

It's true on the other hand, that many countries and not just Greece are dealing with the expensive Lego issue.

I have heard that in South-America Lego is EXPENSIEVE !!!

I must 100% agree with you on the second part, concerning the economy in EU. Prices are different, incomes-wages are different, taxes are different, :wacko: . It's natural for some differences to exist even as a transition status. But sometimes differences just go way out of control.

I am happy that someone reminds this also. I agree with what you say about the fact that some differences do exist even as a transition status & sometimes differences just go way out of control. But we talking about the year 1993. It's more then 15 years ago when they made this notice.

Edited by Capt. Kirk

I find that if looked carefully enough we can get LEGO at the same or even lower prices then in the USA. I just bought 20 Soldiers Arsenals at 2,375 Euro each. Normal retail price is 2,95euro.

PS: I am from Belgium.

not sure but I think it was about 150€.

:cry_sad::angry: Now i'm both sad and angry!!

€100 difference is too much...

I am happy that someone reminds this also. I agree with what you say about the fact that some differences do exist even as a transition status & sometimes differences just go way out of control. But we talking about the year 1993. It's more then 15 years ago when they made this notice.

Couldn't agree more :thumbup: . Even if someone takes the EURO's release date (2002) as a start for the economical convergence ,senen years have already passed and sometimes it seems that we are still in the beginning.

I find that if looked carefully enough we can get LEGO at the same or even lower prices then in the USA. I just bought 20 Soldiers Arsenals at 2,375 Euro each. Normal retail price is 2,95euro.

PS: I am from Belgium.

That's true Zorro. The problem is that each european country has a different price list. I bought the Soldier's Arsenal for €3.99, the price that every impulse set has in Greece. Having to deal with small or even some medium sets, the difference is not too noticeable. When it comes to big sets, my wallet starts complaining big time :sceptic: .

Please excuse this post, I moved it because of wrong topic :blush: .

Edited by Skipper 24

Selling more and charging less is how you keep a brand viable.

Precisely. Which nevertheless seems to be a theory which has continuously eluded TLG's marketing sector. The question is, why should the above apply only to big markets? And, from an economist's point of view, isn't this true for any market, irrespective of its size - at least until a specific point is reached?

I come from a small eastern European country where LEGO has hardly been available before 1989 and during the last 20 years its prices have remained ridiculously high. Up until a few years ago, while Bulgaria was still not a member of the EU, I could see a reason for that, but nowadays I just can't understand why it is that sets here are still sold by LEGO's exclusive distributor for Bulgaria at a price of almost 140% the original one...

Comparing this to my experience having lived on both sides of the Big Pond, I think it's safe to say that a huge percentage of TLG's customers don't really buy their products at the original prices. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if they had to buy, for example, an Indy set for 90 EUR, they'd just buy some other hobby item / toy instead. However, discounts at stores occur almost every other month nowadays - and THAT is when most of the LEGO shopping is done. I could be horribly wrong, but I have on multiple occasions witnessed how the average consumer (and I'm not referring to die-hard LEGO fans here) would only pay what they deem to be a reasonable price for a set, and once a set they have had their eyes on for a few months finally gets that "25% off" sign on it, then it's buying time. But not a second earlier.

Now, returning to where I started off - I guess TLG's thoughts on the local market are more less something in the pattern of "Since Bulgaria is a small market, people don't really buy LEGO, hence why not charge the customers who ARE willing to pay such big money something extra". Well, why not try and see things from a more classical point of view (at least in economical terms) and just for a second accept the statement that supply does actually create its own demand, ridiculous as it might sound in modern times. Let's alter that just a tad bit and imagine that the local market is supplied with reasonably-priced LEGO sets - wouldn't they be bought at much larger quantities, in that way negating the big profit from overpriced sets and actually generating a much larger profit?

I guess the answer to that question depends on the market. But you can never know the local market unless you really have tried, and during these last 20 years, TLG have definitely not tried to offer their products at a reasonable price. Hell, if they did, I would buy out 20% of what's available in Bulgaria! :D

But who am I to argue about a luxury toy's pricing policy... Just wanted to make my feelings heard (and yes, I HAVE contacted both the official distributor and TLG... no response as of this moment and I'm almost 100% convinced that my emails have ended up in the trash can). What I CAN do, however, is stop purchasing sets from the local exclusive distributor - which is just what I've done. There are plenty of other ways to buy LEGO at a reasonable - or at least, at the original - price nowadays thanks to the internet. But I find it ridiculous how I've been purchasing new sets which are sent to me from all over Europe and despite the shipment, they still cost me less than buying them from a local store.

Edited by Asya & Bobby Otters

Some news in the french newspapers

First of all, an article in 'les Echos' (first daily french financial newspaper) published "Lego ne connaît pas la crise". Thanks to an interview with Joergen Vig Knudstorp (TLC CEO), you can see that LEGO benefits raised by 31.5% in 2008 (181 millions of euros) while the sells raised by 18.7%. Furthermore he fells confident for 2009, despite the global crisis, and expect LEGO to progress again this year (and this is currently happening, thanks to the first figures of 2009).

The second article is also interesting. Two years ago, The "Direction générale de la concurrence, de la consommation et de la répression des fraudes (DGCCRF)" in France (the French administration in charge of various missions such as consumers protection, fraud investigation, competition in economics...) launched an investigation about the toys prices in various shops. The results were quite surprising, toys-makers and retailers got an 'informal agreement' on the toys prices in order to have the same prices everywhere in France (not all of them but the main toys brands and retailers such as Carrefour, Intermarché, Casino, Systeme U, Auchan...). After the first process (trial), various toys markers and retailers were condemend to pay fees (including TLC for a 10.500.000 euros fee, yeah a 10 million fee during the first process, only for TLC for the french market). But they decided to appeal the decision, and they've lost again! So finally they have to paid the fees which are the following:

Retailers

- Carrefour (27.400.000 euros)

- Maxi-Toys (1.800.000 euros)

- Jouéclub (300.000 euros

Toys makers

- Hasbro (5.100.000 euros)

- Lego (1.600.000 euros 'only')

Link to the article Les condamnations réaffirmées

Thus Lego got the second biggest fee for toys makers, so ok we got the explanation for why the prices are differents between the US and Europe, now perhaps we got the explanation why the prices are differents between France and the rest of Europe (LEGO are more expensive in France than in the rest of Europe, up to 10%).

Precisely. Which nevertheless seems to be a theory which has continuously eluded TLG's marketing sector. The question is, why should the above apply only to big markets? And, from an economist's point of view, isn't this true for any market, irrespective of its size - at least until a specific point is reached?

I come from a small eastern European country where LEGO has hardly been available before 1989 and during the last 20 years its prices have remained ridiculously high. Up until a few years ago, while Bulgaria was still not a member of the EU, I could see a reason for that, but nowadays I just can't understand why it is that sets here are still sold by LEGO's exclusive distributor for Bulgaria at a price of almost 140% the original one...

Comparing this to my experience having lived on both sides of the Big Pond, I think it's safe to say that a huge percentage of TLG's customers don't really buy their products at the original prices. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if they had to buy, for example, an Indy set for 90 EUR, they'd just buy some other hobby item / toy instead. However, discounts at stores occur almost every other month nowadays - and THAT is when most of the LEGO shopping is done. I could be horribly wrong, but I have on multiple occasions witnessed how the average consumer (and I'm not referring to die-hard LEGO fans here) would only pay what they deem to be a reasonable price for a set, and once a set they have had their eyes on for a few months finally gets that "25% off" sign on it, then it's buying time. But not a second earlier.

Now, returning to where I started off - I guess TLG's thoughts on the local market are more less something in the pattern of "Since Bulgaria is a small market, people don't really buy LEGO, hence why not charge the customers who ARE willing to pay such big money something extra". Well, why not try and see things from a more classical point of view (at least in economical terms) and just for a second accept the statement that supply does actually create its own demand, ridiculous as it might sound in modern times. Let's alter that just a tad bit and imagine that the local market is supplied with reasonably-priced LEGO sets - wouldn't they be bought at much larger quantities, in that way negating the big profit from overpriced sets and actually generating a much larger profit?

I guess the answer to that question depends on the market. But you can never know the local market unless you really have tried, and during these last 20 years, TLG have definitely not tried to offer their products at a reasonable price. Hell, if they did, I would buy out 20% of what's available in Bulgaria! :D

But who am I to argue about a luxury toy's pricing policy... Just wanted to make my feelings heard (and yes, I HAVE contacted both the official distributor and TLG... no response as of this moment and I'm almost 100% convinced that my emails have ended up in the trash can). What I CAN do, however, is stop purchasing sets from the local exclusive distributor - which is just what I've done. There are plenty of other ways to buy LEGO at a reasonable - or at least, at the original - price nowadays thanks to the internet. But I find it ridiculous how I've been purchasing new sets which are sent to me from all over Europe and despite the shipment, they still cost me less than buying them from a local store.

this totally represents what i think is the situation for Singapore (another small country) as well other tiny markets. only a sole Lego distributor that overcharges the consumers rather than TLG's actual presence in the market.

The US vs EU pricing difference is certainly affected by different production costs. I don't know where are LEGO factory nowadays, since they changed/opened/closed some in the recent past, but it's quite likely that the LEGO sets sold in US contains more parts manufactured in the US and those sold in EU parts crafted in EU. That can already make some difference, since manufacturing is presumably cheaper in US than EU.

Differences in pricing in EU countries with different currency is complicated to explain.

Differences in pricing between Euro-zone countries retail shops can also come from different VAT but most importantly the retail shops themselves have some freedom in the pricing policy.

What I really don't understand instead is the difference in the BASE prices (before applying VAT and shipping) between different Euro country in Shop@Home. Unless there are LARGE differences in the local consumers' financial health, the same set sold via Shop@Home should be identical for all Euro countries. Then shipping and VAT may change it of course, but more or less the consumer's habits (and wallet sizes) are not that different between those countries. It's a known fact that Germany traditionally provides LEGO many more customers (in proportion to its total population) than other countries, but then German LEGO S@H prices are basically the same as the Italian, Spanish, etc... The big anomalies are France and Finland, and here is where really I don't get it. For example the Emerald Night costs ~90e all around the Euro countries, except France (~100e) and Finland (~110e).