Hello people!

This is my newest B model and definitely my favorite one that I've done so far. It is a Porsche GT3 RS, 2023 version and it is a 42156 B-model alternate. 

After getting the Peugeot 9X8 for Christmas I decided that this car would be up next to build.

1280x720.jpg1280x721.jpg

I am so happy with this build, it really turned out better than I would have expected. Also, I am using about 95% of the parts from the original.

1280x721.jpg

Features: suspension, steering, opening doors, working steering wheel, working flat 6 piston engine and manual DRS spoiler (with lever between the seats).

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

1280x720.jpg

Specs:

Parts: 1687

Weight :1475 grams

Length: 47,5cm/18,7in

Width: 22cm/8,6in

Height: 13,2cm/5,2in

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

The design process has been pretty interesting this time. I was alternating between digital work and real brick building. I actually built the chassis and spoiler in Studio, before even opening the any bags with pieces ;) Of course they needed a bit of revision but it turned out great and it is very rigid.

Let me know what you think about it.

Building instruction HERE

Photo gallery HERE

YouTube Video:

Best wishes,

Alex

Edited by Alex Ilea

I can not imagine making such a cool MOC with a limited number of parts and I still do not understand this kind of fun with Lego but I recognice the impressive work of those who do it.

I think this is my favourite b-model from this set so far. Bodywork looks really good for the limited parts, great job with the DRS feature as well. 
Really starting to like the DBG with lime accents colour combo

6 hours ago, Jurss said:

It is for sure porsche and really good b-model.

2 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Impressive work!

Thank you guys!

5 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I can not imagine making such a cool MOC with a limited number of parts and I still do not understand this kind of fun with Lego but I recognice the impressive work of those who do it.

I have to say that I get a particular fun when I work with a limited inventory. I guess it shows that you don't need 50000 pieces to make nice builds, but rather you just need experience.

I do get very frustrated at times, when I run out of a certain pin and I need to pull it out of somewhere from inside the build...

It is also interesting for me to compare the solutions that I come up with, when using thse limited inventories to when I have full freedom of choice. I often think how I could make a particular section if I were given endless parts.

2 hours ago, langko said:

I think this is my favourite b-model from this set so far. Bodywork looks really good for the limited parts, great job with the DRS feature as well. 
Really starting to like the DBG with lime accents colour combo

Thank you! The DRS was a must have feature, it's so prevalent in the real thing. I must say the color combo works really great, and I hope to see more supercars in this color scheme.

3 hours ago, Alex Ilea said:

I do get very frustrated at times, when I run out of a certain pin and I need to pull it out of somewhere from inside the build...

That’s frustrating just thinking about that… I’ve never actually thought about how important pin management is for a B-model. I’m always just used to them being an endless consumable

Great job @Alex Ilea. Your builds keep getting better. I love the use of the black curved panel on the bottom just behind the front wheels. Also the front bumper is spot on. I'm happy that the lime green us used subtly for the interior and the rear wheel.

Overall, well done.

14 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Great job @Alex Ilea. Your builds keep getting better. I love the use of the black curved panel on the bottom just behind the front wheels. Also the front bumper is spot on. I'm happy that the lime green us used subtly for the interior and the rear wheel.

Overall, well done.

Thank you! I particularly like how the front part of the hood turned out. The curved parts matched perfectly for the car.

That's a really nicely made alternate model, good choice for the set and great use of the available parts!

On 2/20/2024 at 4:37 PM, gyenesvi said:

That's a really nicely made alternate model, good choice for the set and great use of the available parts!

On 2/20/2024 at 9:44 PM, weavil said:

Nice build! Looks ready to race.

Thanks guys!