Clone OPatra

Super Mario 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Someone commented on Instagram about how Lego won't make Mario minifigures, and Lego's reply was ... interesting.

What did they say?

4 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

What did they say?

Along the lines of did someone throw a green shell at you? Be on the lookout out for exciting news.

Now the exciting news could be nothing relevant, but they chose to answer to a post about the massive elephant in the Lego Mario room.

14 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Along the lines of did someone throw a green shell at you? Be on the lookout out for exciting news.

Now the exciting news could be nothing relevant, but they chose to answer to a post about the massive elephant in the Lego Mario room.

LEGO Interns who handle social media do not know about any future products or developments. So I wouldn’t assume too much.

Posted (edited)

Pretty good sets, especially the Castle and Mansion could be decent Castle / Medieval sets without the built character stuff.

Those doors could probably also be fit in Eldorado instead of those see-through gates (with some adjustments)

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, bRICK99 said:

LEGO Interns who handle social media do not know about any future products or developments. So I wouldn’t assume too much.

Of that I am fully aware, nor do I hang on the words of social media accounts, I merely felt it interesting that the number one issue with the Mario line was actually addressed.

Posted (edited)

New sets look fun, though IMO Peach’s Castle really merits a massive set. Bowser’s train looks phenomenal and the way his visage is built is really good.

I was hoping they’d have revealed the box art so we could get a look at what the new Mario digi-fig is like. Super cool to finally get Mario Kart stuff teased for next year but as always, it’ll be a pass for me because of the scale. I suppose we can surmise that the use of the existing digi-figs in the Mar10 Day video along with the design of the sets themselves means the updated digi-figs won’t be majorly different from the ones we already have.

Apologies for spouting the same old same old, but with this theme having gone on for 5 years I really wish Lego could throw us a bone with something minifigure-related. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for this after the theme has run for as long as it has.

Edited by Kaijumeister

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

New sets look fun, though IMO Peach’s Castle really merits a massive set.

Probably can combine it with the other Peach's Castle and the Cat Peach Tower to make a proper castle. 

Finally, there‘s Roy to complete the Koopalings! :thumbup: The clear highlight here is  Bowser‘s Train though! Looks really well-realised, especially the giant Bowser face :classic:

Mario Kart in 2025 is welcome news too! I‘m surprised they‘re announcing it this far in advance *oh2*

Posted (edited)

Tried to work out the scale of the Mario Kart LEGO set teased on Instagram on March 10. By my reckoning it's too small to fit the current Mario figure (even though he's in the teaser). A brick-built version may be coming to drive the kart. Probably too big for minifigs, despite the above discussion.
53580270871_ca5f1c8821_b.jpg
Flickr 

Edited by jp-30

On 3/11/2024 at 1:16 PM, hikouki said:

Wonder if we will ever get at least a CMF at some point???

Yes to CMF! But I do not think they will do it for Mario characters only while there are very few humanoid characters (Mario, Luigi, Princes Peach, Wario, Wulugi, Daisy).

I would be okay with Nintendo CMF instead! 

On 3/22/2024 at 4:35 PM, Lion King said:

Yes to CMF! But I do not think they will do it for Mario characters only while there are very few humanoid characters (Mario, Luigi, Princes Peach, Wario, Wulugi, Daisy).

I would be okay with Nintendo CMF instead! 

Lego could easily make a CMF, here is an example:

1. Mario

2. Luigi

3. Peach

4. Wario

5. Waluigi

6. Daisy

7. Rosalina & Luma

8. Toad

9. Toadette

10. Dr.Mario

11. Mr.L

12. Mario (Fire Flower variant) 

23 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Lego could easily make a CMF, here is an example:

1. Mario

2. Luigi

3. Peach

4. Wario

5. Waluigi

6. Daisy

7. Rosalina & Luma

8. Toad

9. Toadette

10. Dr.Mario

11. Mr.L

12. Mario (Fire Flower variant) 

I think that’s a great list you came up with! I think it’s good that Super Mario would have one CMF Series while minifigure-focused sets would have molded characters, such as Yoshi.

To be honest I prefer the way Lego did "collectible" sets (brick-built characters, mostly enemies or generic NPCs you could easily use duplicates of) over a CMF series of mostly unique characters. There's also not that much visual variety if you stick to mostly human characters (and there's no way they'd do Mr. L, a character who appeared in one game over a decade and a half ago).

I´d like to see little playsets with mini-/bigfigures. For example Donkey Kong´s hut with Diddy and some others. Characters with less iconic material for builds could get a racing cart.

Posted (edited)

Forgot to post this yesterday: According to @Lego_Minecraft_Goat, the D2C set is a collection of buildable characters which sound to be in the maxifig style, including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, a Koopa, and a Goomba :thumbup: 

Probably the closest thing we’ll get to minifigs for the time being! If you hear faint cursing in the distance, it’s likely @just2good :laugh_hard:

Edit: It could‘ve been an April Fool‘s joke, but it still sounds pretty realistic to me :blush: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Forgot to post this yesterday: According to @Lego_Minecraft_Goat, the D2C set is a collection of buildable characters which sound to be in the maxifig style, including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, a Koopa, and a Goomba :thumbup: 

Probably the closest thing we’ll get to minifigs for the time being! If you hear faint cursing in the distance, it’s likely @just2good :laugh_hard:

Edit: It could‘ve been an April Fool‘s joke, but it still sounds pretty realistic to me :blush: 

Probably an April Fools joke. I seriously doubt they'd opt for the maxifig style for figures who don't yet appear as minifigures.