Clone OPatra

Super Mario 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

Mario Day is coming soon, I wonder what Lego will reveal on the day? 
Last year dry bowsers castle was revealed 

Definitely at least one set, that‘s what they‘ve always done so far! :thumbup: I wonder what they have in store for us. What I still want from the current system is Roy to finish the Koopalings, can‘t think of much else that‘s missing unless they do some sets based on Wonder. That game introduced a ton of new mechanics and enemies!

My money is still on a Mario Kart track-building system.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Definitely at least one set, that‘s what they‘ve always done so far! :thumbup: I wonder what they have in store for us. What I still want from the current system is Roy to finish the Koopalings, can‘t think of much else that‘s missing unless they do some sets based on Wonder. That game introduced a ton of new mechanics and enemies!

My money is still on a Mario Kart track-building system.

I think there will be Mario Kart sets, parts of me hope for Minifigures but I doubt that’ll happen 

@Brick Clicker bring us news on the 2HY wave:

• 71433: The Goomba Treehouse $16.99
  • 71334: Wiggler Course Crash $59.99
  • 71335: Peach's Castle $64.99
  • 71336: King Boo's Haunted Mansion $84.99
  • 71337: Bowser's Train $144.99
  • 71339: Mario Starter Course $49.99
  • 71340: Luigi Starter Course $49.99
  • 71341: Peach Starter Course $49.99
  • 71338: 18+ set $169.99

So the assumption of the three $50 sets being new starter courses was correct. Brick Clicker also says the new figures are updated versions that now have a USB connection, potentially replacing the batteries by making them rechargeable. I wonder if there are any other updates! :sweet:

The Bowser Train sounds like the best of the bunch. Makes sense, after we just got his car from 3D World!

I google Goomba’s treehouse and you’ll get a youtube movie by goombatreehouse about screamers are the worst in horror.

I guess Lego isn't producing the original starter courses anymore so decided to make new ones?

Otherwise not sure why Mario Luigi and Peach's starter courses are here. (Perhaps a cheaper way to get the figures?)

Just now, Takanuinuva said:

I guess Lego isn't producing the original starter courses anymore so decided to make new ones?

Otherwise not sure why Mario Luigi and Peach's starter courses are here. (Perhaps a cheaper way to get the figures?)

The figures will allegedly be updated with USB connectivity and perhaps other upgrades :classic:

Posted (edited)

I wonder if Boswer's train is track compatible? If it is, I hope something of it would be salvageable to train fans / isn't too outlandish. If it's not track compatible, it could be a UCS Hogwarts Express-type situation... and we all know how well that worked, don't we? *cough* heavy discounts soon after release, not long overall shelf life *cough*

Edited by Murdoch17

I'm not into Lego Mario but I am here only because of the Bowser's Train set. This would need to be Lego track compatible or I'll lose all interest.  I'm assuming it wouldn't be regular mini-fig scale so, I don't know about this.

Posted (edited)

In terms of acting as a soft ‘refresh’ of the theme, this is an excellent set list. It’s cool that the three new starter packs are 10$ cheaper, and introducing rechargeable figures is definitely a sorely needed update.

I’d be interested to see what the full scope of updates are to these digi-figs, but suspect it won’t be that extensive if all three characters are being released at the same time. 

Also, can’t believe this summer makes for 5 years of this theme! Time has been passing weirdly this decade, but it’s a huge milestone for this theme which is clearly going strong. 

Edited by Kaijumeister

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Also, can’t believe this summer makes for 5 years of this theme! Time has been passing weirdly this decade, but it’s a huge milestone for this theme which is clearly going strong. 

Right?! So weird. I remember day-dreaming about Nintendo sets for almost 20 years, and now the Mario theme already celebrates its 5th year! *huh* And AC just joined in too! Crazyness

I wonder what we can expect in terms of characters this summer. I hope Roy is in there somewhere to finally complete the Koopalings!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

5 minutes ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

Will there be a reveal on March 10th of the Sets?

Not all of them, but we can expect at least one set to be revealed! My guess would be the three new starter sets (highlighting the new functions) plus maybe Bowser‘s train :thumbup:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not all of them, but we can expect at least one set to be revealed! My guess would be the three new starter sets (highlighting the new functions) plus maybe Bowser‘s train :thumbup:

Same here, considering they revealed Dry Bowsers Castle on Mario Day last year, I reckon they’ll reveal the train this year 

Do kind of think the Bowser Train and Peach's Castle should have swapped prices. As the Peach Castle isn't gonna be that big for that price point. 
And the Bowser Train is prob gonna be too large to display properly.

53 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Do kind of think the Bowser Train and Peach's Castle should have swapped prices. As the Peach Castle isn't gonna be that big for that price point. 
And the Bowser Train is prob gonna be too large to display properly.

No 

The Bowser Train from 3D World is a pretty big model and 1,392 fits more with that size. 

I don't mind new starter courses so long as the figures look better, hopefully less blocky.

I'm not into Mario but I'd like some Minifigures but it was Lego's stupid decision to go with blocky electronic ones instead, Nintendo wasn't the one who made the decision.

1 hour ago, bRICK99 said:

No 

The Bowser Train from 3D World is a pretty big model and 1,392 fits more with that size. 

Fair though Peach's Castle should be bigger. Though guess you can just combine it with the other Peach related courses to make a proper castle

Bowser train sounds exciting—in the games it's basically a full level on a train, which ought to offer some fun gameplay (especially if it's track-compatible)! Peach's Castle may be a smaller version but with any luck will have updated features that can be integrated into the previous one—maybe even another printed painting from SM64!

New starter courses with updated figures is interesting. If being rechargeable is the only major change I can probably pass on them, unless the other contents are really essential (like if one of them includes Roy).

LEGO just announced a Mario event for the 9th of March via their youtube channel! Nothing is really revealed in the trailer, but at least we've got confirmation that some news is coming.

Roy is in Peach's castle! That Bowser train is supposed to be the biggest retail (non D2C) set of the whole series right? I don't know. It looks fine but not that much bigger than previous castle sets as I had hoped. The sets look pretty good to me.

48 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Bowser train looks cool!

also, LEGO MARIO KART IN 2025!!!!

Someone commented on Instagram about how Lego won't make Mario minifigures, and Lego's reply was ... interesting.