Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

What is up with those set names tho? 

Batman with the Batmobile vs. Harley Quinn and Mr. Freeze? Batman Construction Figure and the Bat-Pod Bike?

Someone please tell LEGO that set names should be catchy titles, and not sentences describing everything you can see on the box. :jollyroger:

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Batman with the Batmobile vs. Harley Quinn and Mr. Freeze? Batman Construction Figure and the Bat-Pod Bike?

Someone please tell LEGO that set names should be catchy titles, and not sentences describing everything you can see on the box. :jollyroger:

The team who does set names gets paid by the letter...

48 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

The team who does set names gets paid by the letter...

Explains why all these sets are $20 overpriced, except Batman’s mech.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Sorry mods for going OT here, but yes I was brought up on a healthy diet of all the above, as well as Dad's Army. Used to watch an episode in the evening and then quote the whole thing back at my friends the next day. Probably should have noticed the signs then :laugh:

Considering the average comment in this thread, including my own, I think this comment's probably fine

2 hours ago, legoturtle said:

GUYS!!! The video above? Please focus.

Our bad. That's the armor from TLBM mr. Freeze. It's not in the upcoming set, unfortunately.

Makes me wonder why he was chosen. Sure, he's an iconic interpretation of the character, but the figure looks pretty unfinished. Why not a different character not requiring a new mold?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mentioned this earlier! It sounds like someone trying to pad their resume with buzzwords.

9 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Funniest thing ever posted here.

No thanks.

At least with Luigi's Pizza it was a tenuous link to the topic, classic British sitcoms much less so.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Considering the average comment in this thread, including my own, I think this comment's probably fine

I figured that although the main topic had sorted of expanded beyond it's original parameters, I was very much going in a different direction with that. Sorry, need to focus.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mentioned this earlier! It sounds like someone trying to pad their resume with buzzwords.

No idea what's going on there.

If it had released last year, they would've called it Batmobile: Harley Quinn and Mr. Freeze Face-off or Batman Animated TV Series Batmobile.

Those sound much better than a whole sentence describing what you see on the box.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If it had released last year, they would've called it Batmobile: Harley Quinn and Mr. Freeze Face-off or Batman Animated TV Series Batmobile.

Those sound much better than a whole sentence describing what you see on the box.

It’s ridiculous lol, does one really need to specify that the Batmobile comes with Batman? It’s like they’re so worried interest in the set will dwindle unless they explicitly mention everything the set includes.

Just imagining this logic with Lego Marvel. The Guardians of the Galaxy Milano with Star-Lord. Gamora, Drax, Rocket Racoon, and Groot

6 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

It’s ridiculous lol, does one really need to specify that the Batmobile comes with Batman? It’s like they’re so worried interest in the set will dwindle unless they explicitly mention everything the set includes.

Just imagining this logic with Lego Marvel. The Guardians of the Galaxy Milano with Star-Lord. Gamora, Drax, Rocket Racoon, and Groot

seems like DC is trying to get that sweet sweet copyrighted character name cash.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Our bad. That's the armor from TLBM mr. Freeze. It's not in the upcoming set, unfortunately.

Makes me wonder why he was chosen. Sure, he's an iconic interpretation of the character, but the figure looks pretty unfinished. Why not a different character not requiring a new mold?

I feel like Mister Freeze was chosen due to how BTAS reinvented his entire character, which kinda makes him a new character, I mean even his name changed in BTAS (he used to be called mister zero!), and most people know harley was invented for btas, so maybe it’s just a “These two characters were made for btas and are iconic to the show for that!” 

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We need set names that roll off the tongue, here I plan to rename these sets so with further ado

Yeah it should have been 

'Lego Batman ( Mr Bruce Wayne) with Lego Batman's Lego Batmobile versus Both Lego Harley Quinn ( Dr Harleen Quinzel) with  her Lego Mallet and Lego Mister Freeze ( Dr Victor Fries) with his Lego Freeze ray, with design's inspired by the Television cartoon show called Batman the animated series.'

'Lego Batman's Lego Batman Batmech's Lego Batmech Batarang,  this set also features a Lego BatMech, Lego Batmech jetpack and a Lego batman minifigure but they exist only to provide context for Lego Batman's Lego Batman Batmech's Lego Batmech Batarang.'

'Presenting the Ultimate Lego Dark Knight movie trilogy Lego building kit with the Lego model of dynamic action and endless play possibilities and it has the model in Lego bricks of a guy from all 3 movies and his bike from 2 out of 3, please purchase in vast quantities'

There... That's how Lego should have named them.

10 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

We need set names that roll off the tongue, here I plan to rename these sets so with further ado

Yeah it should have been 

'Lego Batman ( Mr Bruce Wayne) with Lego Batman's Lego Batmobile versus Both Lego Harley Quinn ( Dr Harleen Quinzel) with  her Lego Mallet and Lego Mister Freeze ( Dr Victor Fries) with his Lego Freeze ray, with design's inspired by the Television cartoon show called Batman the animated series.'

'Lego Batman's Lego Batman Batmech's Lego Batmech Batarang,  this set also features a Lego BatMech, Lego Batmech jetpack and a Lego batman minifigure but they exist only to provide context for Lego Batman's Lego Batman Batmech's Lego Batmech Batarang.'

'Presenting the Ultimate Lego Dark Knight movie trilogy Lego building kit with the Lego model of dynamic action and endless play possibilities and it has the model in Lego bricks of a guy from all 3 movies and his bike from 2 out of 3, please purchase in vast quantities'

LEGO (danish toy company) Batman (DC comics superhero created by Bob Kane and Bill finger, Alias Bruce Wayne, Billionare and Philanthropist) and his Batmobile Versus Both Harley Quinn. (Doctor Harleen Francis Quinzel, former psychatrist in arkham asylum before getting Manipulated By the Joker, she now does crime with Poison Ivy (Doctor Pamela Isley) and Catwoman (Selina Kyle) With her LEGO mallet and LEGO mister freeze (alias Doctor Victor Freeze, specializing in cryogenic chambers, he turned to crime when his wife LEGO Nora Fries wasn’t saved) and his LEGO DC freeze ray, with character designs inspired by the 1992 animated television show “Batman: The Animated Series” Created by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini

50 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Yeah it should have been 

28 minutes ago, PunchAndJewelee said:

LEGO (danish toy company) Batman (DC comics superhero created by Bob Kane and Bill finger, Alias Bruce Wayne, Billionare and Philanthropist) and his Batmobile Versus Both Harley Quinn. (Doctor Harleen Francis Quinzel, former psychatrist in arkham asylum before getting Manipulated By the Joker, she now does crime with Poison Ivy (Doctor Pamela Isley) and Catwoman (Selina Kyle) With her LEGO mallet and LEGO mister freeze (alias Doctor Victor Freeze, specializing in cryogenic chambers, he turned to crime when his wife LEGO Nora Fries wasn’t saved) and his LEGO DC freeze ray, with character designs inspired by the 1992 animated television show “Batman: The Animated Series” Created by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini

If Lego was as good at naming sets as we are they wouldn't need to waste ink printing pictures of the set on the outside of the box, just have a plain brown card board box where the shop employees can hand write ' LEGO (danish toy company) Batman (DC comics superhero created by Bob Kane and Bill finger, Alias Bruce Wayne, Billionare and Philanthropist) and his Batmobile Versus Both Harley Quinn. (Doctor Harleen Francis Quinzel, former psychatrist in arkham asylum before getting Manipulated By the Joker, she now does crime with Poison Ivy (Doctor Pamela Isley) and Catwoman (Selina Kyle) With her LEGO mallet and LEGO mister freeze (alias Doctor Victor Freeze, specializing in cryogenic chambers, he turned to crime when his wife LEGO Nora Fries wasn’t saved) and his LEGO DC freeze ray, with character designs inspired by the 1992 animated television show “Batman: The Animated Series” Created by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini' on the outside of each box.

I'm not a big fan of microscale builds, but 76271 Batman: The Animated Series Gotham City is amazing. The mini batmobile there is dark blue, and I was 100% sure that the 76274 Batmobile will be in dark blue too.

Edited by Stormfury

2 hours ago, Stormfury said:

I'm not a big fan of microscale builds, but 76271 Batman: The Animated Series Gotham City is amazing. The mini batmobile there is dark blue, and I was 100% sure that the 76274 Batmobile will be in dark blue too.

do you have that set?

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wonder if they were AI generated. It feels like such a small thing to actually have AI do, but it also feels like the exact type of thing copilot would say.

6 hours ago, PunchAndJewelee said:

I feel like Mister Freeze was chosen due to how BTAS reinvented his entire character, which kinda makes him a new character, I mean even his name changed in BTAS (he used to be called mister zero!), and most people know harley was invented for btas, so maybe it’s just a “These two characters were made for btas and are iconic to the show for that!” 

This is true, but his figure also feels so unfinished with the lack of armor that I find it weird they chose to do him at all. Why not just do a character who wouldn't need an armor mold?

Don't get me wrong, it's better than re-using Joker or Catwoman, but still odd.

The creativity in this theme is dead; the latest set names are symbolic of this.  This entire theme is rehashing old ideas, feels algorithmically generated, and in dire need of some fresh ideas.  The fact that basically all the system sets in this theme are based on decades old Batman movies or animated series when so much of the DC mythos has been untouched by LEGO is sad.

9 hours ago, PunchAndJewelee said:

seems like DC is trying to get that sweet sweet copyrighted character name cash.

His name changed in the 1966 show.

2 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

The creativity in this theme is dead

How can you say that?

2022: The Batman

2023: Shadow Box

2024: Art set (Gotham Skyline), BTAS batmobile... mech, buildable figure, BIG batpod

-----------------

GUYS!!! If you are complaining all the time. Ok! BUT OPEN YOUR EYES also..... I beg for mercy, beg like a turtle...

Edited by legoturtle

Hey, did we ever figure out what that "Batman 8-in-1" set is supposed to be? I completely forgot about that until I saw it on a list at the bottom of an article about this new Batmobile.

4 hours ago, legoturtle said:

How can you say that?

2024: Art set (Gotham Skyline), BTAS batmobile... mech, buildable figure, BIG batpod

-----------------

GUYS!!! If you are complaining all the time. Ok! BUT OPEN YOUR EYES also..... I beg for mercy, beg like a turtle...

Surely as a self proclaimed Batman super fan, you would like to see sets based more on the comics rather than old media?

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Surely as a self proclaimed Batman super fan, you would like to see sets based more on the comics rather than old media?

I think it’s pretty obvious at this point that Turtle has only seen the films and hasn’t read any comics. If he had read the comics he’d probably be advocating for more Bat-Family members and not just Batman.

21 hours ago, PunchAndJewelee said:

As RedHoodPug said, Mr. Freeze started being called Mr. Freeze in 1966.TAS was the one that made his real name be Victor Fries so you're partially correct. 

1 minute ago, calebcold3 said:

As RedHoodPug said, Mr. Freeze started being called Mr. Freeze in 1966.TAS was the one that made his real name be Victor Fries so you're partially correct. 

yeah, his name was changed in the 1966 show, but the changes made to his btas version already change the character a lot, so my point still stands whether his name changed or not i think.

15 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

The creativity in this theme is dead

13 hours ago, legoturtle said:

How can you say that?

-----------------

I'm going to agree with the turtle here.

If we accept that the DC theme has been laid to rest for the time being and replaced with a Batman theme then they have been more creative now than ever. ( especially if we remember that the Lego Batman Movie was technically a different theme)

Yes being creative here doesn't always mean the sets we want ( standard system waves with sidekicks, more Villian variety and the occasional non-batfam heros) but things like the shadowbox, the batpod with batman figure and Gotham skyline and even the accommodation to hang the system scale Keaton batwing on the wall are all example of TLG flexing their creative muscles and trying new things.

It just means we aren't getting new characters which of course is one of the main things we want from a character based superhero franchise but don't pretend that just because it does really scratch the itch for us that it's creatively bankrupt or anything. The 8 in one curiousity is more proof that they're trying different things here, we might not want them to, we might rather they stuck to the old fig scale batman+ random other hero Vs Villian with the occasional Batman free set.

I think we can blame the terrible mishandling of the movie franchise more than TLG themselves for the current state of things. Look at marvel, superheroes has become undeniably more dependent on movies and TV shows and with the incompetence in the DCEU almost all it's movies were turds like BvS or too highly rated for TLG's audience ( yes they do adult aimed sets but wee still shouldn't expect adult franchises) like The Suicide Squad. Hopefully the new DCU will change that Gun does have a better track record than Synder and I can't wait to see more Green lantern content.